November 19, 2017, 10:09:04 PM

Author Topic: Leeds United v Everton (League Cup)  (Read 33204 times)

September 26, 2012, 12:32:27 PM
Reply #390

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Only saw the second half and we battered them. Tee second was flukes and as usual we missed sitters in front of goal.

I am not too sad about it. Move on. The less people think we can make it the better for us. 3 points Saturday and the players less complacent is a good thing.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

September 26, 2012, 02:40:17 PM
Reply #391

School of Science

This mostly. But as for Junior, let's not forget he was playing with Fellaini - a player who can impose his will on the best teams in Europe and physically dominate anybody. I expected a lot more from a largely absent Fellaini last night and had we had it, I expect Junior would have had more joy.

Fellaini looked like he couldn't be arsed for most of the game. Their midfield bypassed him easily and he rarely gave chase. When they competed with him he looked to the ref as if to say "They can't touch me - do they know who I am?".

Very disappointed. In most players, but Fellaini especially.

Fair play to Leeds I think. Like has been pointed out by many - they wanted it more. They stopped us playing the football that we wanted to so that it became about who wanted it more and they out competed us. Perfect tactics for playing a technically better side if you've got eleven game lads who are bang up for it. Becchio was excellent and played the whole game with an injury. Just didn't see any of our lads trying to put themselves on the line for the club in the same way.

Onwards and upwards, concentrate on the league, blah blah blah and all that bollocks but it's a bitter fucking pill to swallow.

Mostly agree with this,that first half was the poorest ive ever seen Fellaini play and im one of his biggest fans.He looked like you said not arsed and offered no protection at all to Junior,who I felt sorry for and who tried his heart out.Mason who was beneath contempt had a night off,lost count of the amount of fouls by Brown before he was finally booked,timewasting went unnoticed and unpunished.How Anichebe never got a pen in the second half when Pierce was all over him was incredible,that was a high tackle in Rugby!

But we only had ourselves to blame as soon as teams get in our faces,(And the ref goes missing),We just seem to give up,think of why we lose most derby games.Naismith was absolutely awful,apart from one clearance of the line could have stayed at home,also anyone wonder why Mucha never went for that cross and put his cap on it? Absolutely gutless performance end of.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 26, 2012, 02:50:21 PM
Reply #392

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
That place has been a graveyard for Everton teams long before many of you were born.
Some of the greatest sides in our history have been beaten and/or mauled there.

September 26, 2012, 02:57:22 PM
Reply #393

School of Science

That place has been a graveyard for Everton teams long before many of you were born.
Some of the greatest sides in our history have been beaten and/or mauled there.

Normally by great Leeds sides though Mick,that Leeds team last night had about 6 or 7 players missing,the Difference last night was they wanted it more.We had too many players who just did not turn up.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 26, 2012, 03:00:28 PM
Reply #394

MmmBlueRamirez

Normally by great Leeds sides though Mick,that Leeds team last night had about 6 or 7 players missing,the Difference last night was they wanted it more.We had too many players who just did not turn up.

Perfect summation. Close thread.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

September 26, 2012, 03:13:42 PM
Reply #395

Sres

To many players swapped out, should have put the same side out as Swansea knock a few in and then swap in the youngsters.

Although Leeds have been out the top flight for going on 10 seasons, Moyes didn't show that much respect to them, considering our history of being tonked by them in the last 60 years.

Wasn't impressed with Mirellas, Naismith, Junior or Gueye last night and although Pienaar started bright in the 2nd half he disappeared after their second goal and why play Fellaini in that position?  It's clear the lad is a handful up front, Warnock did a job on him, always 2 on or near him when the ball was in the air.

On the positive, I though Chebie had a fairly decent game, nice turn and shot that went just wide, nice flick for Distin to score, not much he could do the service was poor from the midfield.  I also thought Oviede looked quick, although he seemed to hesitate passing, nice run in behind the defender that was wrongly offside as well in first half.

Mason was his usual shite self, clear penalty on Chebie, obviously wanted to officiate a giant killing last night.

September 26, 2012, 03:22:29 PM
Reply #396

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Is there any reason why we cant start new threads?? It's well after the match has finished.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"