November 25, 2017, 05:38:11 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 24240 times)

September 27, 2012, 07:55:15 PM
Reply #15

Batley

I see what you did there :)

;)

September 27, 2012, 07:55:43 PM
Reply #16

plumber

Don't they have the second best scoring record in the league?

No, they don't. They have the worst defence though.

September 27, 2012, 10:27:24 PM
Reply #17

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
No, they don't. They have the worst defence though.

Hmm. Thought I heard that on 606 or something, looked at the table and they've scored as many as us, but as you say it's their defence that is a problem. Otherwise they'd be higher up the league. That said, I think the point still stands with our shakiness at the back we'll do we'll to keep them out at the moment.

September 27, 2012, 11:05:39 PM
Reply #18

DJ1994

When's Gibson back? And Naismith HAS TOO stay away from the team
Class of Merseyside

September 28, 2012, 12:22:05 AM
Reply #19

Alanvideo

......didn't we get Naismith for free ? if so he was a good buy . I'd put him on a par with the Scottish Rooney. I think Moyes will have noticed he was instrumental in giving away a goal at Leeds and missing a sitter. Will be lucky to get on the bench against Southampton .

We are special ,we are Everton.

September 28, 2012, 12:29:41 AM
Reply #20

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

As Alanvideo touched on, consider him a direct replacement for McFadden.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 28, 2012, 12:39:28 AM
Reply #21

Shogun

Administrator
Don't be stupid, he has barely played and has suffered two serious injuries, one of which he is still fully recovering from.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 28, 2012, 12:42:33 AM
Reply #22

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Howard

Coleman    Heitinga   Jags   Baines

Mirallas     Osman    Neville  Pienaar

Fellaini

Anichebe

I would stick with Vic and see how he gets on, no reason to rush Jelavic straight back.  Anyone of Heitinga, Jags, Distin doesn't really matter right now as none of them are in form.  Because we have Neville in midfield I chose Heitinga to play the ball from the back.  Expect us to win 2-1.

September 28, 2012, 12:45:10 AM
Reply #23

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Oh and i reckon it's early doors to be writing Naismith off.  He has had one good game and one poor one and a few sub appearances. 

September 28, 2012, 12:45:23 AM
Reply #24

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Don't be stupid, he has barely played and has suffered two serious injuries, one of which he is still fully recovering from.

True but it's much easier to take comparing him to Mcfadden, that way we paid no more and got a younger, better, player.

If he improves even more then that's even better.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 28, 2012, 01:37:09 AM
Reply #25

Ross

I would stick with Vic and see how he gets on, no reason to rush Jelavic straight back.  Anyone of Heitinga, Jags, Distin doesn't really matter right now as none of them are in form.  Because we have Neville in midfield I chose Heitinga to play the ball from the back.  Expect us to win 2-1.
I reckon your right about Anichebe, last week Moyes was talking about how he's needs to build up his confidence. Dropping him now after three decent games as well as scoring a few would send the wrong signals out I think. Plus the fact that Jelavic is ahead of schedule and there's no point in risking him further, so I fancy Anichebe to start.

I also think Distin will be back in place of Heitinga, Lambert will be to much of a  handful for him in the air regardless of his poor form or not.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

September 28, 2012, 02:40:49 AM
Reply #26

Alanvideo

Oh and i reckon it's early doors to be writing Naismith off.  He has had one good game and one poor one and a few sub appearances. 
..........nobody's writing off Naismith ,I just said if we got him for free he was a good buy . He's better than the last Naismith we had anyway.
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 28, 2012, 03:15:12 AM
Reply #27

howlin wolf

Howard

Coleman    Heitinga   Jags   Baines

Mirallas     Osman    Neville  Pienaar

Fellaini

Anichebe

I expect Jelavic and Jagielka to start.

The main problem for Moyes is the centre mid. He can't have been overjoyed by Neville's recent performances. But if Neville drops to right back who replaces him ? After Tuesday we can forget about Junior for now, and possibly Fellaini too, as Fellaini looked much more comfortable in the second half when he was pushed forward. I've a feeling we could see Heitinga getting another run in midfield.

September 28, 2012, 04:12:42 AM
Reply #28

GrantyBoy78

Concur with the general consensus that both teams will score. Soton are much better going forward than they are defending so we need to get at them and get stuck in!
3-1.

September 28, 2012, 01:21:52 PM
Reply #29

christiffa25

Howard
Hibbert   jags   distin   baines
            Neville osman
Mirallas      Fellaini    Pienaar
                 Jelavic

Coleman for hibbert if not fit.
Distin or heitinga? Either both been poor IMO
Well done vic but jelavic HAS to come back in.
Hurry up gibbo ffs.