November 22, 2017, 10:45:05 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Southampton  (Read 24185 times)

September 29, 2012, 12:54:21 AM
Reply #45

blueski

Very limited player. An Osman clone
way worse than osman if you ask me

he could have jags deputise on the right, its been done once or twice

rickie lambert is a unit; have to think moyes will be thinking about having distin to match up with him
Nil Satis

September 29, 2012, 01:25:40 AM
Reply #46

Rhys

way worse than osman if you ask me

he could have jags deputise on the right, its been done once or twice

rickie lambert is a unit; have to think moyes will be thinking about having distin to match up with him

Distin should play for me. I dont think you can play Heitinga against someone like Lambert, he cant handle people who are strong and hold him off like against Becchio and then Zamora last year is another example.

Gosling is miles worse than Osman as well. No way near the same level of technical, mental ability or near the same fitness levels.

September 29, 2012, 01:27:10 AM
Reply #47

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Could be Oviedo or Gueye on the left with Pienaar sliding in, and the triangle of Pienaar-Osman-Fellaini rotating around. That's a very attacking formation against a team that lets in a lot of goals, but can also score a fair few. Will be interesting to see the team selection if all those players are unavailable. Also, the strikeforce would be Jelavic with Vellios on the bench? I'm guessing either Coleman or Naismith shake off their knocks, though.

I don't see Moyes breaking up Baines and Pienaar. Yes we could do the above but the left side is our most potent threat. Moyes will play Osman and then one of Neville, Heitinga, or even Junior before he moves Pienaar to the middle.

If Anichebe is fit the only thing I could see him trying would be Fellaini coming back and Anichebe theoretically filling the Fellaini role. But really we have no other player who'll hold up the ball and distribute up top near as well as Fellaini.

I think we'll likely patch up one of the ones with slight knocks and get as close to our regular PL line up as possible.

September 29, 2012, 02:04:21 AM
Reply #48

blueski

Distin should play for me. I dont think you can play Heitinga against someone like Lambert, he cant handle people who are strong and hold him off like against Becchio and then Zamora last year is another example.

Gosling is miles worse than Osman as well. No way near the same level of technical, mental ability or near the same fitness levels.
as I recall Heitinga struggled against Grant Holt as well

the last few games have shown to me that Jags is far and away 1st choice CB, assuming coleman and hibbert are out, will he play Jags out on the right or Heitinga in midfield? not sure which one is better but probably the best way to deal with Lambert is isolate him from service, which means he'll want to play the strongest possible midfield
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:06:18 AM by blueski »
Nil Satis

September 29, 2012, 02:11:51 AM
Reply #49

Shogun

Administrator
I don't think Lambert plays anything like holt does.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 29, 2012, 02:16:54 AM
Reply #50

blueski

I don't think Lambert plays anything like holt does.
different players but both are strong physically and use it in the area
Nil Satis

September 29, 2012, 02:17:41 AM
Reply #51

Gash

Global Moderator

September 29, 2012, 02:21:07 AM
Reply #52

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

September 29, 2012, 03:44:47 AM
Reply #53

Shogun

Administrator
Could actually go top if we win and Chelsea lose with Manchester United not playing til 5:30. Would have to be a three goal swing though.

September 29, 2012, 11:34:26 AM
Reply #54

Toddacelli

Could actually go top if we win and Chelsea lose with Manchester United not playing til 5:30. Would have to be a three goal swing though.

I like it. Let's do it!

sent from my hand-held cellular device machine

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 29, 2012, 05:15:02 PM
Reply #55

Derek

Onwards Evertonians! Top of the league!
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

September 29, 2012, 05:38:39 PM
Reply #56

Shogun

Administrator
Feeling optimistic today, COYB!

September 29, 2012, 08:09:17 PM
Reply #57

DannyR

Howard, Baines, Heitinga, Jagielka, Neville, Coleman, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Mirallas, Jelavic
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

September 29, 2012, 08:09:25 PM
Reply #58

Shogun

Administrator
EFC: Howard, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Coleman, Neville, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini, Jelavic, Mirallas

FM beat me to it by 8 seconds :(

September 29, 2012, 08:10:31 PM
Reply #59

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
That side should win comfortably.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney