November 20, 2017, 02:03:04 PM

Author Topic: Wigan Athletic v Everton 2-2  (Read 29322 times)

October 07, 2012, 04:54:51 AM
Reply #360

DannyR

Just saw the first goal for Wigan, what a fucking gimp that linesman is
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

October 07, 2012, 05:06:32 AM
Reply #361

Shogun

Administrator
offside decisions have cost us 4 points already this season man.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 07, 2012, 05:22:25 AM
Reply #362

nomorechang

RIP
Heitinga is far better than Neville as a defensive midfielder.

Last time Heitinga played CM he was really bad, spat his dummy out and at the time my impression was he should never be allowed to put our shirt on again.. He picked up when Jags got injured and he played CB but as Moyes said, JH doesn't start a season well .. He's showing it again now. Doesn't deserve a place..
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

October 07, 2012, 05:25:50 AM
Reply #363

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Bad offside earlier penalty and maybe we win but we didnt look good first half and we can't continue to blame officials

Sent by carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

October 07, 2012, 05:37:41 AM
Reply #364

fritzlsloveden

It's going to be a very interesting season. It's a disappointing result, but on this seasons terms. So much better this season than years gone by. We'll storm it this season boys have faith
grim

October 07, 2012, 07:03:10 AM
Reply #365

the doc

It's going to be a very interesting season. It's a disappointing result, but on this seasons terms. So much better this season than years gone by. We'll storm it this season boys have faith
Martinez quote " That is the best Everton team we have played" we must be doing something right then! I thought we played well 2nd half, but wigan were up for the game today and we need to expect that now

October 07, 2012, 07:22:04 AM
Reply #366

Shogun

Administrator
To be fair, Wigan have put in decent performances against us the last few years at their place.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 07, 2012, 09:40:54 AM
Reply #367

American Evertonian

To be fair, Wigan have put in decent performances against us the last few years at their place.

This may have even been their best performance this season...
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 07, 2012, 09:42:38 AM
Reply #368

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Poor start to Wigan's season and QPR are doing even worse.

Can't wait til our next game....
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

October 07, 2012, 12:27:30 PM
Reply #369

nomorechang

RIP
Martinez quote " That is the best Everton team we have played" we must be doing something right then! I thought we played well 2nd half, but wigan were up for the game today and we need to expect that now

We were very good in the second half and arguably if Distin had played from the start then Wigan wouldn't have scored. What we have to realize now is that lots of teams are now looking at us and thinking a draw is a good result and playing accordingly .. In fact like we played not so long ago when we faced Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal.
I honestly think we are good enough to finish in the top 4 . It won't be easy but we certainly are good enough IMO ;)
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

October 07, 2012, 02:08:40 PM
Reply #370

plumber

Bad offside earlier penalty and maybe we win but we didnt look good first half and we can't continue to blame officials

Sent by carrier pigeon

Why not? It wasn't our best performance but we were the better team and have been robbed by the officials just like against Newcastle.

October 07, 2012, 03:24:10 PM
Reply #371

fast lane

offside decisions have cost us 4 points already this season man.

Yeah, it was more a case of two points dropped, than a point gained.

Defensively we looked fragile in the first half, but maybe one shouldn't underestimate strikers like Aruna Koné and Franco di Santo.
Koné was looking as lively and dangerous, as he could be when at PSV.
He's done nothing of note at Wigan, till yesterday...
He certainly had the better of Heitinga.

Neville shouldn't play in midfield (for the umpteenth time), and Fellaini had his cage rattled.
It's a mystery for me how Mirallas became the top scorer in Greece, the way he's missing chances, but he is a good player, and things can turn for the better.

Our left side was excellent again, and especially Leighton Baines played well.
Maybe foulmouth Cole inspired him.

The way we were playing in the second half made it  difficult to comprehend that we were behind for most of the match.
In the end we had to make do with just the one point, so be it.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

October 07, 2012, 03:53:24 PM
Reply #372

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Well you must not watched matches very closely. He made a number of passes along the floor into feet today.

And/or missed that Heitinga wellied it just as much, if not more.

The general play, often dictated by the approach of the opposition, is what mainly forces CBs to play short or long passes.

It's easy for Barça's CBs to pass the ball as (even ignoring the options presented by the midfield) nearly ever team that they play sits deep as they don't want to become stretched. When they're under pressure they'll play it long.

I'm not equating us to them but the basic theory is true for all teams.

Blaming Jags for hoofing stuff today is a default criticism that comes out when we don't win.