November 17, 2017, 11:56:09 PM

Author Topic: 1985 and all that  (Read 1700 times)

October 15, 2012, 07:28:00 PM
Read 1700 times

nomorechang

RIP
Footage of our 1985 season from various sources , what a team we had then !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtrK-otlFEQ
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

October 15, 2012, 07:46:54 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's blocked in my country. Can you believe that?

Good job I have a UK proxy.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 15, 2012, 07:50:00 PM
Reply #2

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
It's blocked in my country. Can you believe that?

Good job I have a UK proxy.
 :thumbsup:    Pity you are so young and handsome - not like NMC and me - we may be fat and ugly - but we remember those 80ties as was it yesterday  :hail:

October 15, 2012, 07:53:05 PM
Reply #3

nomorechang

RIP
Nev Southall's great save from Mark Falco is there at about 11m 10s
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

October 15, 2012, 07:55:30 PM
Reply #4

Toddacelli

:thumbsup:    Pity you are so young and handsome - not like NMC and me - we may be fat and ugly - but we remember those 80ties as was it yesterday  :hail:

I too am a member of the "I may be old, fat and ugly now, but I had a season ticket in 1985 and that's something you can never have again" club!

:thumbsup:

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 15, 2012, 07:55:35 PM
Reply #5

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Why do they make them unavailable for mobile phones?

Sent by carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

October 15, 2012, 07:56:27 PM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I too am a member of the "I may be old, fat and ugly now, but I had a season ticket in 1985 and that's something you can never have again" club!

Didnt have a season ticket me dad used to pass me over the turnstile to his mate!!

Sent by carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

October 15, 2012, 07:58:48 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
  :thumbsup:    Pity you are so young and handsome - not like NMC and me - we may be fat and ugly - but we remember those 80ties as was it yesterday  :hail:

I think you have mistaken me for someone else. I too am fat and oldish (41 next month), and remember those days well. Although I only saw us on occasion when we were on tv, it was a team to behold and better than anything we've had since.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 15, 2012, 07:59:08 PM
Reply #8

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I'll take the handsome bit :) lol
- Walt Disney

October 15, 2012, 08:09:51 PM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

Didnt have a season ticket me dad used to pass me over the turnstile to his mate!!

Sent by carrier pigeon

Well I didn't 'technically' have one that season either. My dad did and at 8 years old, I would fit inside his coat and we would push through the turnstile in one go after he slipped the bloke a 'couple of bob'.

We'd go the Royal Oak before the game and they would give my dad an empty beer crate for me to stand on so I could see from the terrace. After the game we would go to the Netley and return the crate to them. Can you see someone getting away with that shit today? Haha!

Had my own season ticket the next season though!

October 15, 2012, 08:20:24 PM
Reply #10

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I think you have mistaken me for someone else. I too am fat and oldish (41 next month), and remember those days well. Although I only saw us on occasion when we were on tv, it was a team to behold and better than anything we've had since.
Can never mistake you for anyone else - you are the blarg - NMC and me are in our 50ties which makes you a little boy - one of the sweeter though  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:25:29 PM by Polledreng »

October 15, 2012, 08:24:52 PM
Reply #11

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

Would have loved that - I had to lisen to Five Live as danish television only transmitted one game a week (normally from the Midlands  :'(  - and I was a poor student with no funds to travel to Liverpool) Thank God we went to Wembley almost every year and had our cup run to Rotherdam allowing me to see us almost regularly on TV. Sure it was great days

October 15, 2012, 08:27:20 PM
Reply #12

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Well I didn't 'technically' have one that season either. My dad did and at 8 years old, I would fit inside his coat and we would push through the turnstile in one go after he slipped the bloke a 'couple of bob'.

We'd go the Royal Oak before the game and they would give my dad an empty beer crate for me to stand on so I could see from the terrace. After the game we would go to the Netley and return the crate to them. Can you see someone getting away with that shit today? Haha!

Had my own season ticket the next season though!

Ha similar to me then only we went the clock and the spellow and me dads ticket was upper gladwys so would sit on his knee

Simply simply lovely

October 15, 2012, 08:29:12 PM
Reply #13

Toddacelli

Ha similar to me then only we went the clock and the spellow and me dads ticket was upper gladwys so would sit on his knee

Aye - and these days I barely fit in me own coats - never mind sharing with someone else as well!

:snigger:

October 15, 2012, 09:48:24 PM
Reply #14

blue slug

Ah my very first season as a regular visitor at Goodison Park when i was an 8/9 year old,  so i too am a fat ugly bastard but no one can take away the fact that i was their  :thumbsup: