November 22, 2017, 10:46:06 PM

Author Topic: 1985 and all that  (Read 1705 times)

October 15, 2012, 09:51:40 PM
Reply #15

Bally

Administrator
my second full season on my own that year
It's the roll I way

deCoubertin

October 16, 2012, 01:48:37 AM
Reply #16

nomorechang

RIP
Most of you are really making me feel old :) , in 1985 I was 26, I had a good, well paid job, a ladyfriend who I thought was out of my league but the relationship lasted 7 years, still mates, and above all Everton were the best team in Europe ... Wtf did it all go wrong ??? ;)
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

October 16, 2012, 01:59:37 AM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Most of you are really making me feel old :) , in 1985 I was 26, I had a good, well paid job, a ladyfriend who I thought was out of my league but the relationship lasted 7 years, still mates, and above all Everton were the best team in Europe ... Wtf did it all go wrong ??? ;)

I was 6 had no job no ladyfriend but everton were boss. If i got a kit off my mum and dad i was made up and i used to love playing wally

Sent by carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

October 16, 2012, 02:08:13 AM
Reply #18

Alanvideo

1985 was indeed a very good year ,I was 35 ,my wife left me and I had two gorgeous girlfriends . One knew about the other and told me to choose - I chose the other. Not in touch with either now but still in love with Everton.  :cheers:
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 16, 2012, 03:57:22 AM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's amazing how Everton survives the years. For me, I started following at the height of their glory (I was a glory hunter, I admit) and was about 14 and doing the first year of GCSE's. 26 years later, a couple of skirmishes with relegation, and a cup win, my love for Everton has survived three religions, two marriages, my parents dieing and three sets of immigration!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

October 16, 2012, 04:40:52 AM
Reply #20

keiko

Footage of our 1985 season from various sources , what a team we had then !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtrK-otlFEQ

ha ha, thx for the link again. it is nice to see Everton in those times. the stadium look looks quite different by the goal.  i like seein this footage  in the past with different styles and what not. before i knew of everton, but i do feel the history of everton. well this one is before i was born lol  ;D hopefully in the future everton wins some more trophies. you are lucky to see everton win trophies, well, im not glory hunting, ha ha cheers!!!!   D

October 17, 2012, 04:19:06 PM
Reply #21

MRB85

Only a small point, but how much better the laps of honour were in those days, without there being music blasted out the tannoy system; just the natural and spontaneous chants and songs from the terraces.