February 22, 2018, 01:01:54 AM

Author Topic: 1985 and all that  (Read 1737 times)

October 15, 2012, 09:51:40 PM
Reply #15

Bally

Administrator
my second full season on my own that year
It's the roll I way

October 16, 2012, 01:48:37 AM
Reply #16

nomorechang

RIP
Most of you are really making me feel old :) , in 1985 I was 26, I had a good, well paid job, a ladyfriend who I thought was out of my league but the relationship lasted 7 years, still mates, and above all Everton were the best team in Europe ... Wtf did it all go wrong ??? ;)
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

October 16, 2012, 01:59:37 AM
Reply #17

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Most of you are really making me feel old :) , in 1985 I was 26, I had a good, well paid job, a ladyfriend who I thought was out of my league but the relationship lasted 7 years, still mates, and above all Everton were the best team in Europe ... Wtf did it all go wrong ??? ;)

I was 6 had no job no ladyfriend but everton were boss. If i got a kit off my mum and dad i was made up and i used to love playing wally

Sent by carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

October 16, 2012, 02:08:13 AM
Reply #18

Alanvideo

1985 was indeed a very good year ,I was 35 ,my wife left me and I had two gorgeous girlfriends . One knew about the other and told me to choose - I chose the other. Not in touch with either now but still in love with Everton.  :cheers:
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 16, 2012, 03:57:22 AM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It's amazing how Everton survives the years. For me, I started following at the height of their glory (I was a glory hunter, I admit) and was about 14 and doing the first year of GCSE's. 26 years later, a couple of skirmishes with relegation, and a cup win, my love for Everton has survived three religions, two marriages, my parents dieing and three sets of immigration!
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

October 16, 2012, 04:40:52 AM
Reply #20

keiko

Footage of our 1985 season from various sources , what a team we had then !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtrK-otlFEQ

ha ha, thx for the link again. it is nice to see Everton in those times. the stadium look looks quite different by the goal.  i like seein this footage  in the past with different styles and what not. before i knew of everton, but i do feel the history of everton. well this one is before i was born lol  ;D hopefully in the future everton wins some more trophies. you are lucky to see everton win trophies, well, im not glory hunting, ha ha cheers!!!!   D

October 17, 2012, 04:19:06 PM
Reply #21

MRB85

Only a small point, but how much better the laps of honour were in those days, without there being music blasted out the tannoy system; just the natural and spontaneous chants and songs from the terraces.