November 21, 2018, 03:33:36 PM

Author Topic: 1985 and all that  (Read 1905 times)

October 15, 2012, 07:55:30 PM
Read 1905 times

Toddacelli

:thumbsup:    Pity you are so young and handsome - not like NMC and me - we may be fat and ugly - but we remember those 80ties as was it yesterday  :hail:

I too am a member of the "I may be old, fat and ugly now, but I had a season ticket in 1985 and that's something you can never have again" club!

:thumbsup:

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 15, 2012, 08:09:51 PM
Reply #1

Toddacelli

Didnt have a season ticket me dad used to pass me over the turnstile to his mate!!

Sent by carrier pigeon

Well I didn't 'technically' have one that season either. My dad did and at 8 years old, I would fit inside his coat and we would push through the turnstile in one go after he slipped the bloke a 'couple of bob'.

We'd go the Royal Oak before the game and they would give my dad an empty beer crate for me to stand on so I could see from the terrace. After the game we would go to the Netley and return the crate to them. Can you see someone getting away with that shit today? Haha!

Had my own season ticket the next season though!

October 15, 2012, 08:29:12 PM
Reply #2

Toddacelli

Ha similar to me then only we went the clock and the spellow and me dads ticket was upper gladwys so would sit on his knee

Aye - and these days I barely fit in me own coats - never mind sharing with someone else as well!

:snigger: