September 20, 2018, 05:24:05 PM

Author Topic: 1985 and all that  (Read 1812 times)

October 15, 2012, 07:55:35 PM
Read 1812 times

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Why do they make them unavailable for mobile phones?

Sent by carrier pigeon
Simply simply lovely

October 15, 2012, 07:56:27 PM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I too am a member of the "I may be old, fat and ugly now, but I had a season ticket in 1985 and that's something you can never have again" club!

:thumbsup:

Didnt have a season ticket me dad used to pass me over the turnstile to his mate!!

Sent by carrier pigeon
Simply simply lovely

October 15, 2012, 08:27:20 PM
Reply #2

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Well I didn't 'technically' have one that season either. My dad did and at 8 years old, I would fit inside his coat and we would push through the turnstile in one go after he slipped the bloke a 'couple of bob'.

We'd go the Royal Oak before the game and they would give my dad an empty beer crate for me to stand on so I could see from the terrace. After the game we would go to the Netley and return the crate to them. Can you see someone getting away with that shit today? Haha!

Had my own season ticket the next season though!

Ha similar to me then only we went the clock and the spellow and me dads ticket was upper gladwys so would sit on his knee
Simply simply lovely

October 16, 2012, 01:59:37 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Most of you are really making me feel old :) , in 1985 I was 26, I had a good, well paid job, a ladyfriend who I thought was out of my league but the relationship lasted 7 years, still mates, and above all Everton were the best team in Europe ... Wtf did it all go wrong ??? ;)

I was 6 had no job no ladyfriend but everton were boss. If i got a kit off my mum and dad i was made up and i used to love playing wally

Sent by carrier pigeon
Simply simply lovely