November 21, 2017, 11:43:16 PM

Author Topic: Ratings  (Read 6837 times)

December 21, 2009, 10:26:55 AM
Reply #30

nomorechang

RIP
Did I go to a different game to everybody else today ? For the 1st 25 minutes some of the football we played was as good as I've seen anywhere all season , we slaughtered Birmingham and on the evidence of the full 90 minutes we were the only team in the game .. That prcik of a linesman ruled out a perfectly good goal by Saha and the gobshite ref missed Carr punching the ball in the penalty area .. We were robbed of victory and if we'd won then all the moaners would be praising Moyes , the players , his tactics , substitutions , the toffee lady  and anything else that could be written about ..
We're on our way back , playing good positive football ... Do you honestly think ANY team we have to face between now and the end of the season , Home or Away sees us as a pushover ?? do they fuck .. there's probably only Utd , Chelsea , Arsenal , Spurs and Villa who they'd less want to play other than us !
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

deCoubertin

December 21, 2009, 04:26:47 PM
Reply #31

Dr. Sponge

Hibbert is a good defender, more of a leader than Coleman, and has a lot of Premier League experience behind him.

He is an easy target for you fans who want something to whinge about. Lucas Neill is the only other fit right back that I would start ahead of him, but he was at centre back.

Coleman is too young to be a regular. All in due time.

I don't think we will get relegated. I also have a good feeling about the cups this season.

December 21, 2009, 04:59:14 PM
Reply #32

Youngy09

Hibbert is a good defender, more of a leader than Coleman, and has a lot of Premier League experience behind him.

He is an easy target for you fans who want something to whinge about. Lucas Neill is the only other fit right back that I would start ahead of him, but he was at centre back.

Coleman is too young to be a regular. All in due time.

I don't think we will get relegated. I also have a good feeling about the cups this season.

Hibbert is not a good defender most of the time he puts in last ditch challenges and gets applauded, if he positioned himself better in the first place he wouldn't need to.

How is Coleman too young??? He's 21, admittedly he hasn't got the premiership experience, but you only get that with playing games. If you're good enough  you're old enough.

I agree he may need to be rested, but not to play him at all is just stupid. He has looked an improvement on Hibbert every time he's played. (Except when he played LB against Benfica.)

December 21, 2009, 05:06:26 PM
Reply #33

blob

hibbert is a defender, and he appeared to do little wrong today.  I think some people want virtual football, where everybody is an attacking threat. that isn't the way it works,  and teams are often caught out by too adventurous full back play. not to say it should never happen, but there's a balance.

many slag off glenn johnson, who's great going forward, for having poor defensive abilities. again, you can rarely have it both ways.

wanting hibbert to be replaced by coleman every time we need more going forward is naive in the extreme. what about the other 9?  coleman has looked good so far, and his day will undoubtedly come, but he's still learning, and shouldn't be seen as the solution to all our attacking failings.

we were excellent yesterday, we just failed to take our chances, and that wasn't hibbert's fault.

some of you should go to a few live matches before passing damning judgement. tv and computer streams don't give much of an idea on the full story. same goes for stream viewers giving negative player ratings just for the sake of it. daft.

December 21, 2009, 05:07:43 PM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Games against lesser opposition like Birmingham are the games to put the likes of Coleman on. I believe, had he been on, our shots on goal would have doubled as he would have done more with the ball in the attacking positions Hibbert was in.

Double the chances, double the chance of a goal going in.

We needed attacking full backs in that game, there was nothing to defend against.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 21, 2009, 08:10:22 PM
Reply #35

Ong-Timus Prime

Did I go to a different game to everybody else today ? For the 1st 25 minutes some of the football we played was as good as I've seen anywhere all season , we slaughtered Birmingham and on the evidence of the full 90 minutes we were the only team in the game .. That prcik of a linesman ruled out a perfectly good goal by Saha and the gobshite ref missed Carr punching the ball in the penalty area .. We were robbed of victory and if we'd won then all the moaners would be praising Moyes , the players , his tactics , substitutions , the toffee lady  and anything else that could be written about ..
We're on our way back , playing good positive football ... Do you honestly think ANY team we have to face between now and the end of the season , Home or Away sees us as a pushover ?? do they fuck .. there's probably only Utd , Chelsea , Arsenal , Spurs and Villa who they'd less want to play other than us !

someone posting sense finally...

Hibbo had a good game. He got forward more often yesterday than he has in most games I can remember. He did not f**k anything up in the box. In fact the 2 times he got clear Cahill or Pienaar didn't release the ball to him for the shot (probably wanted to avoid a riot at the Burren's end).
He also made an excellent last ditch tackle on Jerome in the second half. Seriously some of you need to watch the game rather than bitch & moan from what you hear on the radio!
if you know yer history...

December 21, 2009, 08:16:57 PM
Reply #36

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Hibbert did get into good positions and every time he fucked up.

Coleman I think, would have done much better.

We didn't have anything to defend against apart from one shot on goal, so Coleman would have brought an even better balance to the team.

Imo, Hibbert should be used only in emergency from now on.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 21, 2009, 08:19:23 PM
Reply #37

ilikebrunettes

Hibbert is abysmal, an embarrasment to be honest. How anyone can rate him is beyond belief. Suppose he is a blue... and scouse etc. He is shit!
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough