November 18, 2017, 10:35:55 AM

Author Topic: 08/09 and this years bad luck with defenders  (Read 857 times)

March 08, 2010, 06:06:49 AM
Read 857 times

blueblood1988

2008/2009 final table
                         P   W    D   L    F   A    GD   Pts                                        

5   Everton        38   17   12   9   55   37   18   63

After 28 games this season we have already scored 44 goals with 10 more games, 10 goas to beat 08/09's 55. Scornig goals has never been a problem this year, even in our worst periods weve managed to score more than one goal in a game thanks to saha. 09/10 played 28 conceded 40 as oposed to 37 in all of last season. The injury crisis was particulary cruel on us defensively with

jagielka crocked
Lescott saga
new players settling in
injuries to yobo, distin, neville
cup ties

all fucked up any chance of us having a settled back four and to their credit the players that come in have given 100% but if next season we manage to avoid denfensive mish mash of hundreds of combinations then we will concede very few goals

Neville  Distin/Heitinga  Jagielka  Baines   

in a settled back four and continued evolution of our attacking power then i am very optimistic for next season. EFC 4 LIFE  :cheers:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:41:56 AM by Blueblood 1988 »

deCoubertin

March 08, 2010, 06:38:23 AM
Reply #1

trueblue924

i think it is very safe to say with a steady centre back pairing we wouldnt have let in as many goals as we have. I mean even today centre backs played well but we didnt look secure at the back and that was to do with the fact this pairing have only played twice and one has just started 2 games since being out for a year both played well today and jags looks like he has never been away we just need them to get a better understanding of each other and i know we will be solid at the back again. When this happens we will deffo push on and i hope grab 6th.

March 09, 2010, 01:17:07 AM
Reply #2

blueblood1988

i think it is very safe to say with a steady centre back pairing we wouldnt have let in as many goals as we have. I mean even today centre backs played well but we didnt look secure at the back and that was to do with the fact this pairing have only played twice and one has just started 2 games since being out for a year both played well today and jags looks like he has never been away we just need them to get a better understanding of each other and i know we will be solid at the back again. When this happens we will deffo push on and i hope grab 6th.

agreed, since moyes took over we have improved our attack year after year.  defensively at SB in 6 years previous to this season weve only had:

Yobo
Stubbs
Weir
Lescott
Jagielka    

5 players IN 6 YEARS!!!!! i find that remarkable.

in this season alone weve seen:

Lescott
Yobo
Distin
Neil
Hibbert
Duffy
Jagielka
Heitinga
Neville
Senderos

10 players in 8 months, says it all. Consistent defence next year and we are all good!!!!