November 18, 2017, 05:24:34 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Birmingham  (Read 32083 times)

March 09, 2010, 05:49:14 AM
Reply #30

blue for you

i think the reason we lost to sporting lisbon and spurs is that timmy cahill was out.
he was the best player on the field again sporting at goodison and set up the goal for pienaar.
if big victor is better than cahill or gets in the side before him or bily i give up.

March 09, 2010, 05:52:34 AM
Reply #31

.Rimbo.

i think the reason we lost to sporting lisbon and spurs is that timmy cahill was out.
he was the best player on the field again sporting at goodison and set up the goal for pienaar.
if big victor is better than cahill or gets in the side before him or bily i give up.

How does that explain the very good performance and result yesterday, without Cahill, that was in stark contrast to the complete shite that was served up in Lisbon and at the Lane?

March 09, 2010, 06:58:53 AM
Reply #32

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
How does that explain the very good performance and result yesterday, without Cahill, that was in stark contrast to the complete shite that was served up in Lisbon and at the Lane?

Biggest correlation you'd have to say is that we were away from home in both those games. We're really strong at Goodison at the moment but we need to sort out another plan away from home it seems. Bringing in a proper DM in Heitinga seemed to help against Spurs so maybe we can start off like the 2nd half at White Hart Lane when we play Birmingham.

If we want any chance of Europe, we have to get wins away from home.

March 09, 2010, 10:47:47 AM
Reply #33

cantoffee

Weren't we without Cahill for both the sporting loss and spurs loss?

March 09, 2010, 02:16:02 PM
Reply #34

fast lane

It's an away game, thus Birmingham v. Everton.

A game we can't afford to lose, a draw wouldn't be a bad result, but winning would really give us a look in at European football next season, here's hoping..
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

March 09, 2010, 03:50:46 PM
Reply #35

blue for you

Weren't we without Cahill for both the sporting loss and spurs loss?
yes thats my point we lost them two without him. and rimbo in all fairness theres a big difference
between spurs, sporting lisbon, and fucking hull city.

March 09, 2010, 05:03:42 PM
Reply #36

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Weren't we without Cahill against Utd?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 09, 2010, 05:14:55 PM
Reply #37

Fellainis Hairdresser

Weren't we without Cahill against Utd?

hell yehh
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

March 09, 2010, 05:16:05 PM
Reply #38

top flight for a long time

With it being a Birmingham home game will they actually move out of their own defensive third?  If not a fraw, if they do we'll pick them off and get 2 or 3.
We're forever Everton....

March 09, 2010, 05:29:17 PM
Reply #39

blue for you

hell yehh
but sure if you look at it that way the best player we had up till he got hurt was fellaini,
we have won again utd chelsea without him 

March 09, 2010, 05:35:18 PM
Reply #40

top flight for a long time

Just saw this comment by McLeish :

“We have got to try and finish as high up the league as we can. To be neck-and-neck with a team like Everton is frightening, considering the difference in resources.”

What, the fact that you had £50M to play with in January compared to our nill?  I don't think he can play they money card against us can he?
We're forever Everton....

March 09, 2010, 05:35:23 PM
Reply #41

gemine69

Howard
Neville  Jagielka  Distin  Baines
Donovan  Heitinga  Arteta  Pienaar
Cahill
Yakubu

2-1 to us.  Distin and Yakubu. 
Don't think, feel.  It is like a finger pointing away to the moon.  Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the Heavenly Glory - Bruce Lee

March 09, 2010, 05:47:35 PM
Reply #42

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
but sure if you look at it that way the best player we had up till he got hurt was fellaini,
we have won again utd chelsea without him 

Because we have put out more footballing sides since. We've been hoofing less without those two in the side, save the debacle in Lisbon where the players clearly were not told what they should be doing.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 09, 2010, 06:39:48 PM
Reply #43

Jamokachi

Just saw this comment by McLeish :

“We have got to try and finish as high up the league as we can. To be neck-and-neck with a team like Everton is frightening, considering the difference in resources.”

What, the fact that you had £50M to play with in January compared to our nill?  I don't think he can play they money card against us can he?

I imagine our wage bill is higher than theirs.

March 09, 2010, 06:44:41 PM
Reply #44

cad

They've been a bit of a cheap thorn in our side this season. I'd love revenge!!  1-3

Couldn't care less who scores :)
veni veni veni

Don't worry yourself into an early grave...it will happen soon enough.