November 20, 2017, 08:24:12 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Birmingham  (Read 32134 times)

March 09, 2010, 07:52:14 PM
Reply #45

.Rimbo.

Weren't we without Cahill against Utd?

This is my point. We were without Cahill against United and Hull as well, and were comfortably the better team in both matches. So I don't think Cahill is the key factor. Goodison may just be, though.

March 09, 2010, 07:56:51 PM
Reply #46

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I'd imagine that it'll be the same side except Rodwell in for Ossie if he's still injured.

I don't like the thought of Cahill and Heitinga in midfield, it's not conducive to the type of intricate play that will be needed to beat Birmingham.

We saw in the 2 home games that if we lump it long they will head it away. If we play properly, then we will beat them.

Victor will start and I imagine they will use him to wear Ridgewell down then let Donovan at him for the last 30 mins.

March 09, 2010, 09:08:25 PM
Reply #47

blueblood1988

Howard

Distin
Jagielka
Neville
Baines

Heitinga
Arteta
Piennar
Osman
Donovan

Saha

if winning on the hour i would go Rodwell for Osman

if losing or wanting to win the game Cahill for Osman, Yak for Saha

March 09, 2010, 09:14:28 PM
Reply #48

bloody scally

Brum 1st half Everton 2nd. I'd put money on it.

March 09, 2010, 09:37:49 PM
Reply #49

.Rimbo.

There really isn't any point in changing the team. I'd go exactly like we did against Hull.

March 09, 2010, 09:54:11 PM
Reply #50

Gumpinio

Is Osman going to be fit to play?
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

March 10, 2010, 07:14:54 AM
Reply #51

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Season ender if we lose.

-----------------------------Howard--------------------------------
Neville----------Jagielka--------Yobo------------Baines
----------------------------Heitinga--------------------------------
-------Donovan---------Arteta-----------Pienaar----------
----------------------------Cahill-----------------------------
------------------------------Saha------------------------

Bench:  Nash  Coleman  Distin  Rodwell  Bilyaletdinov  Anichebe  Yakubu

Birmingham City    2  -  3    Everton
----------------------Jerome---------------------------Saha--
--------------------McFadden--------------------Donovan (2)-
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

March 10, 2010, 10:04:47 AM
Reply #52

slothzen

I think this will be an emphatic win for us.  2-0, Saha, Heitinga.

March 10, 2010, 01:03:48 PM
Reply #53

nomorechang

RIP
We really do owe Birmingham a good beating and I think they're going to have to come out against us at St Andrews , 3 - 1 for us ,
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

March 10, 2010, 04:39:50 PM
Reply #54

Gash

Global Moderator
Big game now that they won last night. Hopefully Yak has another Bendtnar, missed a few chances at the weekend, then scores a hatrick in his next game.  ;D

March 10, 2010, 09:52:30 PM
Reply #55

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Donovan should start as we desperately need pace against a Brum side that just sits back.

We always struggle against sides that do that to us.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

March 10, 2010, 10:41:52 PM
Reply #56

Dr. Sponge

Donovan should start as we desperately need pace against a Brum side that just sits back.

We always struggle against sides that do that to us.

If they sit back then pace isn't the answer, because there'll be no space behind them to run into. But I don't think they'll sit back at home. We'll have to be patient.

March 10, 2010, 10:56:43 PM
Reply #57

.Rimbo.

If they sit back then pace isn't the answer, because there'll be no space behind them to run into. But I don't think they'll sit back at home. We'll have to be patient.

Aye. Alternating runs from Arteta and Rodwell in midfield will help though, and we need to be intricate in and around the box.

March 11, 2010, 12:24:12 AM
Reply #58

Derek

We need to be quick as lightening and batter them with football they simply can't match.

Trying to engage them in a slug fest will only end in disappointment.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 11, 2010, 05:36:22 PM
Reply #59

Thom

Administrator
Donovan in for Anichebe and Cahill in for Osman. Otherwise same team that smashed Hull.

1-1. Jerome for them, Yakubu for us.