November 19, 2017, 11:07:17 AM

Author Topic: 9 Points  (Read 1694 times)

December 21, 2009, 11:05:39 AM
Read 1694 times

huck

I wanted nine points from these games and come on it was doable! I am upset that that is no longer possible but the reason for this is because. The play was allot better today but something is wrong on the pitch there is something that just isn't there. I don't think we will be dropping this year but I do believe we aren't as high as we should be and it is not bad results or whatever. It is because the players seem to care less this season allot of team spirit has gone. F'ing upsetting.
Le Berry

deCoubertin

December 21, 2009, 01:27:27 PM
Reply #1

nomorechang

RIP
I wanted nine points from these games and come on it was doable! I am upset that that is no longer possible but the reason for this is because. The play was allot better today but something is wrong on the pitch there is something that just isn't there. I don't think we will be dropping this year but I do believe we aren't as high as we should be and it is not bad results or whatever. It is because the players seem to care less this season allot of team spirit has gone. F'ing upsetting.

I think it's maybe Phil Neville's captaincy we may be missing on the pitch , he is a driving force and certainly gees the players up .. not the greatest of players I know but we definitely miss him
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 21, 2009, 04:29:56 PM
Reply #2

blueblood1988

nomorechang you took the words right out my mouth before i scrolled down to read your message, something is missing out there. I know everyone is sick of talking about injuries but:

Neville for Hibbert
Arteta for Bily
Jagielka for anyone else at the back

Were missing some real grit out there

December 21, 2009, 09:33:18 PM
Reply #3

Sharky

I think also that the constant set backs in these player's recoveries are also upsetting the team.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 22, 2009, 04:03:12 AM
Reply #4

Scouse Ruletero

I think also that the constant set backs in these player's recoveries are also upsetting the team.

Good shout, I think you may have something there.

Losing Rodwell for a month is a real low blow after everything, especially as we've only just got Osman back.

If we could get one of the long term absentees - Jags, Neville or Arteta back, I think that would give everyone a real boost.

December 22, 2009, 04:30:07 AM
Reply #5

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
nomorechang you took the words right out my mouth before i scrolled down to read your message, something is missing out there. I know everyone is sick of talking about injuries but:

Neville for Hibbert
Arteta for Bily
Jagielka for anyone else at the back

Were missing some real grit out there

Arteta on the wing would be a step down from Bily, Neville is most effective in the middle.

Best 11 (in my opinion);

-----------------------Howard-------------------------
Neil-------------Jagielka--------Distin-----------Baines-
------------------------Neville-------------------------
-----Pienaar------------Arteta--------------Bilyaletdinov
------------------------Fellaini------------------------
------------------------Saha-------------------------

Bench:  Nash  Yobo  Hibbert  Heitinga  Cahill  Osman  Yakubu
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 22, 2009, 05:48:36 AM
Reply #6

fubarruk

Arteta on the wing would be a step down from Bily, Neville is most effective in the middle.

Best 11 (in my opinion);

-----------------------Howard-------------------------
Neil-------------Jagielka--------Distin-----------Baines-
------------------------Neville-------------------------
-----Pienaar------------Arteta--------------Bilyaletdinov
------------------------Fellaini------------------------
------------------------Saha-------------------------

Bench:  Nash  Yobo  Hibbert  Heitinga  Cahill  Osman  Yakubu

I'd go with that, although I'd like to see Heitinga play a few more games at right back, long term I feel he could be a better solution there than Neil, only time will tell I suppose..