November 19, 2017, 06:37:45 PM

Author Topic: James Vaughan  (Read 2743 times)

December 21, 2009, 09:25:33 PM
Read 2743 times

Simon Paul

Administrator
excellent to see him on the bench yesterday, but was anyone else disappointed to see him get 2 minutes of injury time?

why wait until then to make the change?

why put Vaughan on then with his injury record?  he was lucky he didn't hurt himself

deCoubertin

December 21, 2009, 09:29:02 PM
Reply #1

Sharky

i would rather have had Vaughan on than Yakubu, Vaughany looked lively and more likely to score than that blob!

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 21, 2009, 10:09:41 PM
Reply #2

montanatoffeefan

Great to see him back. My eyes nearly bugged out when I saw him listed on our bench at the beginning. But I didn't think it was really necessary to bring him on earlier. We were creating plenty of chances and had the run of the game.

JV is a great game-changer as a sub with about a quarter of the game to go. With his aggressiveness and desire to run at people, he can really disrupt an opponent's defense. I think we already had Brham's defense in dissarray yesterday, we were just lacking the end product. And for all Vaughn's virtues, a quality end product ain't one of them. It is Yak's greatest.
Everton forever.

December 21, 2009, 10:19:30 PM
Reply #3

Thom

Administrator
Personally, I would have taken Saha off for Vaughan with 20 minutes left. He'd had a couple of half chances in the second half but apart from that he wasn't doing much. He couldn't win headers against Dann or Johnson and his link up play was poor to what it has been.

Vaughan would have chased and harried after the goalkeeper and defenders. The crowd would have got more up for it and that in turn would have spurred on the likes of Pienaar and Cahill to put that extra 5% into their work rate. All of this may not have resulted in us winning the game, but I certainly think Vaughan would have done more than Saha or Yakubu did in those final minutes. Anyone remember the last time we were heading to a 1-1 draw with Birmingham at home?

December 21, 2009, 10:34:12 PM
Reply #4

Haile GAZrselassie

the greatest criticism i have of moyes is his reluctance to change things earlier than he does. he has got slightly better of late as before last season he would NEVER make a change up top before 75 minutes unless it was forced upon him.

giving vaughan 2 minutes yesterday was largely pointless imo. give him 20 minutes and let him bust a gut up against what must have been two very tired central defenders.

and before anyone says "20 minutes may have been too much for his knees to take" if that's the case he shouldn't be on the bench in the first place.

still, great to see him at all. i love the lad.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 21, 2009, 11:06:08 PM
Reply #5

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
i would rather have had Vaughan on than Yakubu, Vaughany looked lively and more likely to score than that blob!

Agree completely, getting on in the match, would like a win, throw on the fat lazy cunt instead of the pacey youngster.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 21, 2009, 11:22:07 PM
Reply #6

cantoffee

Great to see him, I really want him to succeed as much as anyone, he deserves to finally have a chance injury-free.

December 21, 2009, 11:27:54 PM
Reply #7

fast lane

I was very surprised to see him. I was pleased, but as said before, 2 minutes is ridiculous.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 21, 2009, 11:39:03 PM
Reply #8

evertonjoe

Good to see him back if he gets an extended run in the side i can see him bagging a few goals.

R.A.P Music

December 21, 2009, 11:48:04 PM
Reply #9

nomorechang

RIP
I was very surprised to see him. I was pleased, but as said before, 2 minutes is ridiculous.

I don't think he expected Vaughany to make any difference , he just wanted to give him a few minutes on the pitch after putting him on the bench .. He's not fit to play a significant part of a game yet but a couple of minutes will boost his confidence immensely .. and there's every chance of him NOT going back to Derby in January
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 21, 2009, 11:50:04 PM
Reply #10

DannyR

:snigger:
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 22, 2009, 01:51:57 AM
Reply #11

sharpattack

Yakubu has totally gone to the dogs
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 22, 2009, 01:52:15 AM
Reply #12

Dr. Sponge

I've never understood injury time subs at all, unless it's for a standing ovation to a player coming off. I bet the players get really annoyed too; it's detrimental to their goals to games ratio, plus it's simply a waste of time stripping off.

December 22, 2009, 02:06:52 AM
Reply #13

Ridge

They should have given him the first 2 minutes of the match, then sub him off.