November 18, 2017, 03:33:47 AM

Author Topic: 'Penny beginning to drop with Anichebe' - Moyes  (Read 3013 times)

March 21, 2010, 03:32:12 PM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/03/20/victor-undergoes-tests

The extent of the injury is not yet known, although manager David Moyes revealed: "It looked as if he got a knee in the kidney or the ribs and they have sent him to hospital. We've not got the results yet."
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

deCoubertin

March 21, 2010, 04:01:59 PM
Reply #16

Jamokachi

A broken rib is about six weeks out right? FFS, I hope it isn't that bad. Just when he was showing signs of getting back on track too.

March 21, 2010, 04:27:22 PM
Reply #17

charlatan

Drogba has a brain?
Yes he does, you don't get to being one of the top strikers in the world if you haven't.

Anichebe has everything the modern player needs, pace, power, strength.  Unfortunately he hasn't got a brain to use it.  He'd rather fall over and moan, or sulk than use the gifts he's been given.

Unfortunately, I can only ever see Victor being "The Next Heskey" rather than "The Next Drogba"

March 21, 2010, 04:35:01 PM
Reply #18

Danny

Yes he does, you don't get to being one of the top strikers in the world if you haven't.

Anichebe has everything the modern player needs, pace, power, strength.  Unfortunately he hasn't got a brain to use it.  He'd rather fall over and moan, or sulk than use the gifts he's been given.

Unfortunately, I can only ever see Victor being "The Next Heskey" rather than "The Next Drogba"

Havn't you just described Drogba in his first few seasons with Chelsea? Anichebe's finishing is already better than Heskeys from what i've seen (European Run)

March 21, 2010, 04:40:02 PM
Reply #19

charlatan

Drogba was always clever with it, getting almost redshite-esque decisions out of the ref when he goes down.  That is my point exactly, when Vic goes down, it's invariably in a non dangerous position, hence the lack of a football brain I was referring to.