November 23, 2017, 03:42:23 PM

Author Topic: Lord Grantchester  (Read 9709 times)

December 21, 2009, 11:58:55 PM
Read 9709 times

Sharky

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/rich_list_2009/article6139689.ece

Worth 1,200 million pounds, 2nd richest man in the northwest of england. Everton Shareholder!

Investment please?

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

deCoubertin

December 22, 2009, 12:04:10 AM
Reply #1

cantoffee

Won't happen, I'm sure we've gone over this a hundred times now and he's not interested at all.

December 22, 2009, 12:05:41 AM
Reply #2

Sharky

ah my bad, i did recognise his name must of been from those threads.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 22, 2009, 01:09:09 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
I think there's a general opinion that he won't invest as long as Kenwright is at the helm. Which probably sums us up, crying out for a billionaire, and we have one right under our noses.

December 22, 2009, 01:16:36 AM
Reply #4

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I think there's a general opinion that he won't invest as long as Kenwright is at the helm. Which probably sums us up, crying out for a billionaire, and we have one right under our noses.

Bottle of Scotch and a handgun please

December 22, 2009, 01:26:26 AM
Reply #5

Gash

Global Moderator
Bottle of Scotch and a handgun please

Save yourself, shoot Kenwright.

December 22, 2009, 01:40:33 AM
Reply #6

sharpattack

Imagine telling someone you don't know, how to spend his money? LOL.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 22, 2009, 01:41:59 AM
Reply #7

phillyt

as far as im aware the grantchester family are worth billions, not the wee man himself, its his mum that holds the key to the cash, and she can see that kenwright is worse with money than an alky in an offie.  kenwright wants the money but not to give up his status as everton chairman, the grantchesters wont give even a tenner to him as they know he will squander it.
despite what comes out of bills mouth the club isnt for sale, even though he says it is, he claims that he is waiting for the right person  to come along, so if the grantchester family rocked up with a bid, and most importantly went public with it kenwright would be fucked..

I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

December 22, 2009, 01:47:37 AM
Reply #8

sharpattack

as far as im aware the grantchester family are worth billions, not the wee man himself, its his mum that holds the key to the cash, and she can see that kenwright is worse with money than an alky in an offie.  kenwright wants the money but not to give up his status as everton chairman, the grantchesters wont give even a tenner to him as they know he will squander it.
despite what comes out of bills mouth the club isnt for sale, even though he says it is, he claims that he is waiting for the right person  to come along, so if the grantchester family rocked up with a bid, and most importantly went public with it kenwright would be fucked..

Why didnt they buy EFC off johnson? Probably because they are not interested
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 22, 2009, 01:50:49 AM
Reply #9

chang

OK understand all this so far, but if Lord Grantchester, or his mother really wanted BK out of the equation, with that sort of wealth and power, surely they could just "do it" and install who ever they choose at the helm?

Are they just biding their time? I can't see why they would be involved (or more to the point, need to be involved) one way or the other.

December 22, 2009, 03:34:51 AM
Reply #10

bloody scally

:headbang: i have been trying for that. We should fucking campaign.

December 23, 2009, 11:25:46 PM
Reply #11

Bluescouse1

Am I right in thinkinh the Granchesters are part of the Moors littlewoods family.
If so they have had control in the past and gave it up.
also we have seen what David Moores did to the RS, and we are very gratefull to him for that.
But do we want to go down that route also
Them selling us on to Yanks to make a profit, and the club gos tits up
I would rather BK kept control if its right what I have read
He want to keep the club British, and not let these rag heads in
we all know that sooner rather than later these oil rich barons will soon get bored with the Prem
and thats when the clubs start getting broke up

December 24, 2009, 05:57:28 AM
Reply #12

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Am I right in thinkinh the Granchesters are part of the Moors littlewoods family.
If so they have had control in the past and gave it up.
also we have seen what David Moores did to the RS, and we are very gratefull to him for that.
But do we want to go down that route also
Them selling us on to Yanks to make a profit, and the club gos tits up
I would rather BK kept control if its right what I have read
He want to keep the club British, and not let these rag heads in
we all know that sooner rather than later these oil rich barons will soon get bored with the Prem
and thats when the clubs start getting broke up

Thanks for warning him Si. So sick of these racist comments thrown into posts. Disgusts me.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 24, 2009, 05:52:21 PM
Reply #13

Connavar

If people here were Billionaires, how many would squander their wealth on Everton? The Grantchesters have in the past invested in the Club, but what do they have to show for it? Put yourselves in their shoes, what would you get out of heavily investing in Everton at the moment, because thats what we need? We have very little assets, besides what you see on the pitch week in week out, and a training ground that can't get sold. Only a fool would throw millions at a football club at the level Everton are at and not expect a return on their money.

December 24, 2009, 06:37:37 PM
Reply #14

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If people here were Billionaires, how many would squander their wealth on Everton? The Grantchesters have in the past invested in the Club, but what do they have to show for it? Put yourselves in their shoes, what would you get out of heavily investing in Everton at the moment, because thats what we need? We have very little assets, besides what you see on the pitch week in week out, and a training ground that can't get sold. Only a fool would throw millions at a football club at the level Everton are at and not expect a return on their money.

You could have said that City don't own very much either, but I take your points.

It depends on the level of investment that people want.

If people want £400m in 2 years like City and Chelsea got, then Granchester isn't going to spend 1/3 of the family money in 2 years.

If people want £15-£25m per season over 10 years, then that may be more realistic due to the time frames.

There simply aren't loads of investors out their with Abu-Dabi sized funds. They bailed out Dubai, so the spending at City is nothing. It would have been something if they "only" had £1.2bn