November 18, 2017, 08:11:41 PM

Author Topic: Lord Grantchester  (Read 9702 times)

December 24, 2009, 07:00:26 PM
Reply #15

bloody scally

It has been shown that these Sheikhs and Russians will throw money at a football club and hope for a return. Not so much as chelsea as they were already up there but Manchester City. In a way they have been a "charity" to City but they are expecting a return, a(n ambitious) massive money-making return which brings along every other problem with it. They were in a worse position (overall) as ourselves and in some aspecs they still are- some pantomime board decision making comes to mind. I see the problem being that everyone coming in can be a poison; in one way or another. Bill K understands this but he is also killing off our club in his own good-intentioned way. I don't know what "poison" L Granchester WOULD bring to the club but It may well be worse than Kenwrights. I am certain BK would love to be and will press for a role as honourary chairman to our club, and that demand in any takeover will most likely be why it is taking ages for a new buyer. Who in the right mind would pump millions into a club for just to sit back and be told he isn't really the boss, and he can't complain when something frustrating happens that wouldn't if they were in charge? I'm sure LG will have thought about a takeover before and why has it never happened? Because he isn't interested for whatever reason. Noone is. We will have to sit tight for a period yet and put up with this lack of money and shit transfer policy.

deCoubertin

December 24, 2009, 09:47:46 PM
Reply #16

bloody scally

Thats not what I am saying and to f explaining myself there will just come more patronising. Sorry for posting a view there bully, i will make sure to not in the future.

December 24, 2009, 09:51:10 PM
Reply #17

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Foreign Money is the only way to get success these days and if it's a choice between being successfull and having another Bill Kenwright I know which I would choose!
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 25, 2009, 04:15:53 AM
Reply #18

phillyt

what the club needs is substantial but sensible investment.  30 mil a year on the pitch. And a new stadium. Which can be done progressively and the cost offset against the profit of the new stands.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

December 27, 2009, 12:40:00 AM
Reply #19

Endless, Nameless

What do we have to do, that we can do, to get investment? Do we have to actually beg?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 27, 2009, 01:10:04 AM
Reply #20

Haile GAZrselassie

what the club needs is substantial but sensible investment.  30 mil a year on the pitch. And a new stadium. Which can be done progressively and the cost offset against the profit of the new stands.

from where though philly?

the main stumbling block that prevents people investing in us is the fact we desperately need a new stadium. that's upwards of 200m for anything half decent. dead money that no investor is going to see a return on.

kirkby was by no means perfect, but it was better than where we are now.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 27, 2009, 01:16:31 AM
Reply #21

Endless, Nameless

from where though philly?

the main stumbling block that prevents people investing in us is the fact we desperately need a new stadium. that's upwards of 200m for anything half decent. dead money that no investor is going to see a return on.

kirkby was by no means perfect, but it was better than where we are now.

This is the problem.

Off topic: I seriously just noticed that your name is moysies GINNER pubes, not GINGER. I just feel silly now.

December 27, 2009, 01:24:38 AM
Reply #22

Haile GAZrselassie

This is the problem.

Off topic: I seriously just noticed that your name is moysies GINNER pubes, not GINGER. I just feel silly now.

no need to feel silly. it's only one letter out. and threr is thta thngi thta sasy provding the fistr 2 leterts of a setenance are in the correct order we can read it perfectly well.

December 27, 2009, 01:41:52 AM
Reply #23

Endless, Nameless

no need to feel silly. it's only one letter out. and threr is thta thngi thta sasy provding the fistr 2 leterts of a setenance are in the correct order we can read it perfectly well.

Thtas veyr treu

Can someone explain the "desperate" need for a new stadium

Does Goodison hold less than the majority of the other Premier League stadia?

Do we have substantially less corporate facilities?  Or worse ones?  Or have our corporate facilities actually won prizes in recent seasons?

Is it falling down?

Or would it just be desirable to have a new stadium?

I'm actually with you here. I have never understood why we need a new stadium that badly.

December 27, 2009, 01:51:12 AM
Reply #24

Endless, Nameless

It's because we don't Cal

Having one would be boss though, and would help us live up to the motto, but Goodison is fit for purpose and as the current board can't afford a new stadium, then we may as well just accept that we're staying

To be honest, Goodison is what we deserve. It reflects us as: It has a grand history, it was once one of the best in the world, it hasn't really got any better in the past 20 years and there doesn't seem to be a way for us to change it or its fortunes. Simply put, it's not going anywhere and neither are we, without investment. We are however, made out of comparitively sterner stuff than Goodison  :P

December 27, 2009, 02:01:18 AM
Reply #25

Haile GAZrselassie

it's a dump.

it puts me off going.

dodging round a post to see what's going off. no chance of anything edible at half time if i wish. taking a piss is a health hazard and getting away from the ground afterwards takes anything up to 45 minutes.

the corporate facilites consist of a tent in the car park and we have about a dozen corporate match boxes. for one of the biggest clubs in english football it's nothing short of shambolic.

December 27, 2009, 02:28:13 AM
Reply #26

Endless, Nameless

it's a dump.

it puts me off going.

dodging round a post to see what's going off. no chance of anything edible at half time if i wish. taking a piss is a health hazard and getting away from the ground afterwards takes anything up to 45 minutes.

the corporate facilites consist of a tent in the car park and we have about a dozen corporate match boxes. for one of the biggest clubs in english football it's nothing short of shambolic.

A lot of these are true, but you don't need a new stadium for cleaner toilets or a better range of snacks.

December 27, 2009, 02:43:33 AM
Reply #27

phillyt

man cities owners had to fork out nigh on 300 mill for eastlands.  alright it was already built but they still had to pay for it. And like it or lump it. If they want to redevelop they will have to fork out again. The biggest stumbling block to everton being sold is kenwright. The man is holding us back. He stubbornly wont sell despite saying he will. He has the business acumen of a hampster. And the fans dont do fuck all incase it upsets the players. Grantchester would be great but we will have to wait and see if he and his family step up to the plate. Idealy he would put a bid in and go public with it.   
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

December 27, 2009, 02:43:59 AM
Reply #28

phillyt

man cities owners had to fork out nigh on 300 mill for eastlands.  alright it was already built but they still had to pay for it. And like it or lump it. If they want to redevelop they will have to fork out again. The biggest stumbling block to everton being sold is kenwright. The man is holding us back. He stubbornly wont sell despite saying he will. He has the business acumen of a hampster. And the fans dont do fuck all incase it upsets the players. Grantchester would be great but we will have to wait and see if he and his family step up to the plate. Idealy he would put a bid in and go public with it.   

December 27, 2009, 05:48:04 PM
Reply #29

Haile GAZrselassie

Unobstructed views are available for most games right up until the day of the game - except the derby of course, and Man Utd

food?  I tend to eat before or after the match to be honest, but when I have bothered at Goodison over the past few years it's been perfectly fine....good on a few occassions actually

men's toilets are men's toilets the world over.  I take it you were impressed by Wembley's facilities last season?  £750m on a stadium and not enough toilets....and they were filled with piss, same as Wigan, another new build football stadium, and the same as any football stadium across the globe, and most pubs on a Friday and Saturday night

Goodison has one of the quickest dispersal rates in the country according to the British Transport Police, much better than The Emirates, The DW Stadium, The JJB, Stoke....

Corporate facilities....as I said, they are award winnning.  The top end consists of 5 star silver service dining and from first hand experience I have to say it's excellent.  The boxes are rarely full of paying customers....in fact there hasn't been a game this season where they've all been paid for - and you want more???

in the upper gwladys, there are very few TRULY unobstructed views. there's always a post somewhere in the way.

i dont eat or drink myself there anymore, id have to start queueing up 5 minutes into the first half if i wanted to make sure i was back in my seat for the 2nd half. and the "food" on offer is foul, i dont know what meals carla's been cooking you if you think the grub at goodison is nice :P

the toilets at goodison are the worst i've ever seen. god forbid i should ever need a dump there, they stink to high heaven. wembley i was too drunk to remember what their toilets were like in all honesty, but when i went the KC recently they were absolutely spot on. even had soap to wash my hands with for when i went to get my chicken wrap.

as for corporate facilites, i've never had the pleasure of bein a guest in the marquee at goodsion, but i have spent a few nights in corporate facilites and never once before has it been in a tent.

i would imagine that the reason those boxes are never sold out is due mainly to the fact people dont see it as value for money.

i love goodison as much as the next man. but it's getting to the point now where it's not fit for purpose.

as for dispersal timescales, if we were ever to suffer longer dispersal rates than the likes of stoke, wigan and hull etc i'll feel very ashamed. i'll probably have been watching us play bootle.