November 17, 2017, 11:49:01 PM

Author Topic: The useless ref Attwell  (Read 3856 times)

December 22, 2009, 01:29:26 AM
Read 3856 times

bedfordtoffee

No too much fuss has been made over the referee's decision to disallow what would have been a crucial second goal at against Brum. The lino wasn't even nearly right for the offisde. Then there was the clear penalty.
The ref was captain clanger himself, Stuart Attwell. He must have something on someone the way they persist with him after the number of horrendous mistakes he has made in his few years on the list (the goal that never was etc)
Anyway, dya suppose he got a bollocking off his bosses today, or will he just get another plum game next week. His decisions could prove so crucial to Everton Fc at the end of the season.....we should not let it pass without seeking an explanation or knowing if he has a price to pay for his incompetence. Rant over
Bedfordblueboy

deCoubertin

December 22, 2009, 01:31:52 AM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
Nothing to do with the ref. It's all Moyes fault, and he should be sacked now. And replaced with Juande Ramos.

December 22, 2009, 01:33:13 AM
Reply #2

bedfordtoffee

Moyes didn't disallow the goal...and certainly saw the penalty.
You could bring in the best ten managers in the world as a unit and they wouldn't do better with 10p to spend.
Bedfordblueboy

December 22, 2009, 01:36:10 AM
Reply #3

Gash

Global Moderator
I was being sarcastic.

December 22, 2009, 01:40:08 AM
Reply #4

bedfordtoffee

Cool dude. Can't believe what everyone thinks will be achieved by sacking Moyes...except certain relegation. I do accept he may not be here next season unless he gets money and things pick up. You cannot just exist in football, we have done more than that but won zilch so far. However, we have had the chance to travel Europe...and i am making the most of that.
Bedfordblueboy

December 22, 2009, 01:50:09 AM
Reply #5

sharpattack

I am sick to death of crap refs and blind linesmen. These decisions always seem to go against us or am I being paranoid?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't

December 22, 2009, 01:56:25 AM
Reply #6

Ridge

December 22, 2009, 01:56:39 AM
Reply #7

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I missed the offside decision due to stream issues but surely that was the assistant's fault, and not the referee?

As for the handball, commentators only picked it up on about the 3rd replay, and I didn't think any of the players or the crowd appealed at the time?  I could be wrong on that but that's what I thought happened, and if that's the case you can't really give the ref too much stick for missing it too.

December 22, 2009, 02:00:04 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator

December 22, 2009, 02:01:06 AM
Reply #9

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Point was the disallowed goal shouldn't have mattered, we still should have easily won that match.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 22, 2009, 02:01:07 AM
Reply #10

Ridge

Yeah, Ramos is shit.  :whistle:
No way is he shit, he nearly got Tottenham promoted.

December 22, 2009, 02:13:29 AM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator
No way is he shit, he nearly got Tottenham promoted. Relegated.  :thumbsup:

December 22, 2009, 02:15:49 AM
Reply #12

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Ramos also won something at Tottenham and we have nearly been relegated under Moyes before, who's winning?
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 22, 2009, 02:18:08 AM
Reply #13

Gash

Global Moderator
Ramos also won something at Tottenham and we have nearly been relegated under Moyes before, who's winning?

For a young guy, I really worry about your sense of humour, or lack of.

December 22, 2009, 02:20:11 AM
Reply #14

Thom

Administrator
I missed the offside decision due to stream issues but surely that was the assistant's fault, and not the referee?

As for the handball, commentators only picked it up on about the 3rd replay, and I didn't think any of the players or the crowd appealed at the time?  I could be wrong on that but that's what I thought happened, and if that's the case you can't really give the ref too much stick for missing it too.

They did, on both occasions. Everyone around me in the Main Stand could see Saha was onside except the ref. For the handball, a good third of the Gwladys Street cried out for a penalty.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If the FA want this Respect campaign to work, then it HAS to work both ways. That means allowing referees to be interviewed to give their reasons for decisions (penalties, sendings off etc) or to come out and apologise for getting something wrong. If the FA won't respect the clubs over blatantly wrong decisions then the clubs still won't give a shit about moaning about the officials.