November 18, 2017, 01:39:22 AM

Author Topic: The useless ref Attwell  (Read 3857 times)

December 22, 2009, 02:24:37 AM
Reply #15

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
For a young guy, I really worry about your sense of humour, or lack of.
Humour is not something which is easily communicated over the internet :)
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

deCoubertin

December 22, 2009, 02:25:48 AM
Reply #16

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
They did, on both occasions. Everyone around me in the Main Stand could see Saha was onside except the ref. For the handball, a good third of the Gwladys Street cried out for a penalty.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If the FA want this Respect campaign to work, then it HAS to work both ways. That means allowing referees to be interviewed to give their reasons for decisions (penalties, sendings off etc) or to come out and apologise for getting something wrong. If the FA won't respect the clubs over blatantly wrong decisions then the clubs still won't give a shit about moaning about the officials.

I agree with what you're saying Thom, however if 2/3rds of the Gwladys didn't appeal that suggests that it was a missable incident.  Also like I said you surely can't blame the ref for the disallowed goal if his assistant is telling him that it's offside?

I'm not defending poor refereeing by the way, but I do think that sometimes the criticism they get is way over the top and is also just used as an easy excuse for not getting the job done ourselves.  Obviously the decisions went against us but as Vermillion said, they should have won comfortably anyway yesterday.

December 22, 2009, 02:28:26 AM
Reply #17

KingdingalingNL

They did, on both occasions. Everyone around me in the Main Stand could see Saha was onside except the ref. For the handball, a good third of the Gwladys Street cried out for a penalty.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If the FA want this Respect campaign to work, then it HAS to work both ways. That means allowing referees to be interviewed to give their reasons for decisions (penalties, sendings off etc) or to come out and apologise for getting something wrong. If the FA won't respect the clubs over blatantly wrong decisions then the clubs still won't give a shit about moaning about the officials.

I agree we have video replays that can ban players after the match, players can't talk to the ref, managers can't say what they want, I can go on or a while, but why the hell are the ref's protected so much???

December 22, 2009, 02:29:29 AM
Reply #18

Thom

Administrator
I agree with what you're saying Thom, however if 2/3rds of the Gwladys didn't appeal that suggests that it was a missable incident.  Also like I said you surely can't blame the ref for the disallowed goal if his assistant is telling him that it's offside?

I'm not defending poor refereeing by the way, but I do think that sometimes the criticism they get is way over the top and is also just used as an easy excuse for not getting the job done ourselves.  Obviously the decisions went against us but as Vermillion said, they should have won comfortably anyway yesterday.

The referee could have over-ruled his linesman. They have the power to do so.

I agree that we should have won comfortably, but there's no denying that those two decisions did cost us. Hindsight is a wonderful thing afterall.

December 22, 2009, 02:35:50 AM
Reply #19

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he could overrule the assistant, but very rarely would a ref ever be in a position on the pitch where he could do that with any certainty.

December 22, 2009, 02:38:01 AM
Reply #20

Ridge

No way is he shit, he nearly got Tottenham promoted. Relegated.  :thumbsup:
How else would you get them promoted?

He deserves another try, Liverpool could use a new manager soon.  :cheers:

December 22, 2009, 03:32:41 AM
Reply #21

bedfordtoffee

Point I was making, today we sit two points ahead of the drop.... Attwell sits at home feet up waiting to go and fuck someone else up. This bloke has a history of cock ups which is of nightmare proportions. If he worked for me he would have been sacked years ago.
What is done is done, but they need to be seen to be accountable for their balls ups....i will be cross if he has another top game this weekend. Blind, useless fucker, with apologies to the blind
Bedfordblueboy