September 22, 2019, 09:11:49 PM

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Everton  (Read 55783 times)

March 21, 2010, 10:14:14 AM
Read 55783 times

.Rimbo.

March 25, 2010, 01:14:21 AM
Reply #1

.Rimbo.

howard
neville jags distin baines
arteta heitinga osman cahill pienaar
saha
suprised at saha starting ahead of yak and would prefer bily to osman on wing

Howard

Neville Jagielka Distin Baines

Osman Arteta Heitinga Pienaar

Cahill

Saha

Why the fuck is Cahill starting? He's done fuck all lately and is definitely worth a drop.

Osman on the wing? That should be fun.

I don't know what Rodwell and Bilyaletdinov have to do to be honest. Before this game we had to go for it, after seeing the starting XI it's painfully obvious Moyes has gone for the draw.

:headbang:

March 25, 2010, 01:28:17 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

Osman's on form so I actually think he might be able to do well out wide, probably cutting in a lot and maybe even switching with Pienaar. I really wish we had Anichebe, I think he could tear these apart on that right side.

You're forgetting Osman's always absolutely gash on the wings. Even his biggest fans on here will say the same. I cannot remember the last good game he had there.

March 25, 2010, 01:28:56 AM
Reply #3

.Rimbo.

Not long to go now, I have a good feeling about this game. We thrive on being the under dogs.

Fuck that shite. I'd rather thrive on having the better football players than that nancy-drancy, Hollywood-script, Stevie Cell Block G type shit. Just play your strongest team rather than trying to counter the opposition you stubborn cunt.

March 25, 2010, 01:32:04 AM
Reply #4

.Rimbo.

Beend drinking Rimbo? Sound a bit angry already mate haha

I actually haven't mate. Just been in a mood with a lot lately. This doesn't help.

Disclaimer: I hope Moyes proves me wrong for Everton's good, but I don't see it.

March 25, 2010, 01:33:51 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

Amazing how weak the bench is.

Theirs or ours? Ours is quite strong. Rodwell, Biylaletdinov and Yakubu should all be starting IMO but at least they can come off the bench and change it if we need to. As you said though, Saha is better when we're chasing a goal and Yakubu is better when he starts, so that'd make sense.

If you're talking about theirs, I agree. For what they've spent it's shit.

March 25, 2010, 01:39:38 AM
Reply #6

.Rimbo.

They really don't have an excellent team, and bar a derby or two they've been pretty poor most of the season. We can beat them if we play well and go for it.

Thats what he thinks is his strongest team. I doubt he picks teams and thinks its not my strongest but hey its gonna fuck some people off - tidy
He always picks what he considers his strongest team. Not many can argue with.................... sitting waiting for arguments now   :whistle:

Go for it. That's the problem though mate. He's clearly put Osman on the right to counter Adam Johnson because he knows he'll work harder than Bilyaletdinov. He knows Cahill will put in more of a shift and get in the faces more than Rodwell. He's thinking of their team and is trying to counter it. He should play our strongest team, creatively (as we have to go for the win), and say to Mancini "deal with it". Our team has proven against United, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. that it's good enough to compete.

For me, Osman should be a squad player at best but if he does play, it has to be in the middle (where I admit, he's been good this season). On the right though, I could have a wank right now that'd probably create more than him. Boring, I can see us getting beat or scraping a draw and seeing on the OS tomorrow something like

NEV: SEASON NOT OVER
Blues Captain insists there's still plenty to play for.

We HAVE to win tonight, just like we HAVE to win at Villa. Simples.

March 25, 2010, 01:52:05 AM
Reply #7

.Rimbo.

We lose too much if Arteta is on the wing.

He has to stay central.

Where has he started?!