October 21, 2019, 10:52:18 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland vs Everton  (Read 26105 times)

December 26, 2009, 11:00:29 PM
Reply #105

Gibbsy76

I would have loved the win, but will take the draw; Sunderland at home is hell of a place to go this season...

December 26, 2009, 11:02:58 PM
Reply #106

huck

Frustrating game. Sunderland playing counter attack at home. Loved Fellis celebration.We need to start winning soon.
Le Berry

December 26, 2009, 11:03:36 PM
Reply #107

Chazman

God to see Vaughan back.L
"I fuckin love this club"

December 26, 2009, 11:04:02 PM
Reply #108

Chris

Administrator
Felli was a monster. We seriously have to dick Burnley on Monday though.

December 26, 2009, 11:04:04 PM
Reply #109

cantoffee

We need to get shots on target, either than that we were on top for most of the game.

December 26, 2009, 11:07:28 PM
Reply #110

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It's not so much shots on target but delivery into the box. Our final ball and crossing was appalling. Hibbert must of hit his blocker 10 times today. Pienaar about 5 times. Baines corners always hit the first man. Billy's crossed were too long.
Better service would of meant goals. Our strikers and Cahill were giving away the niggliest of fouls for no reason.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 26, 2009, 11:08:05 PM
Reply #111

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest MGP I don't think that defence is really our problem at the moment, so as good as it will be to having him back I don't think it would have made any difference to us on a day like today.

For whatever reason we just seem lethargic in the final 3rd of the pitch.  It's all very well keeping the ball well like we did but the lack of real chances that we're carving out is worrying at the moment.

Like others have said, a good result against Burnley is a must now.

December 26, 2009, 11:14:16 PM
Reply #112

chang

Earlier in the season, Bily was taking some corners, (v Stoke all of them I think) - why does Baines take them all now ? We must of had a dozen today, but didn't look like scoring from them.

What just don't get is why we play those daft little chips forward all the time....I just think back to Coleman v Spurs, a decent delivery from the right today, instead of Hibbert kicking it against the defender could of produced a goal or two. I would just love Moyes to be asked "why?" in an interview

The reason we hit the defender so often is because we are not prepared to take it past him and cross from the line ?

December 26, 2009, 11:23:46 PM
Reply #113

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Earlier in the season, Bily was taking some corners, (v Stoke all of them I think) - why does Baines take them all now ? We must of had a dozen today, but didn't look like scoring from them.

What just don't get is why we play those daft little chips forward all the time....I just think back to Coleman v Spurs, a decent delivery from the right today, instead of Hibbert kicking it against the defender could of produced a goal or two. I would just love Moyes to be asked "why?" in an interview

The reason we hit the defender so often is because we are not prepared to take it past him and cross from the line ?
[/b]
Or we just do not have the ability as is the case with Hibbert.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 26, 2009, 11:23:54 PM
Reply #114

Toffee_for_life

The same Hibbert who supplied the cross for Fellaini's goal?

Hibbert can be criticized for a variety of different things but even if Coleman was playing right back I wouldn't expect him to get two or more assists from crosses.

People need to be more creative when selecting their scapegoats, getting on Ossie and Hibberts backs when neither were our poorest performer is boring.

December 26, 2009, 11:24:07 PM
Reply #115

Endless, Nameless

If we were high in the table, a point at Sunderland would have been ok. We needed a win though, and once again the 3 points have eluded us.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 26, 2009, 11:26:40 PM
Reply #116

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Hibbert can be criticized for a variety of different things but even if Coleman was playing right back I wouldn't expect him to get two or more assists from crosses.

People need to be more creative when selecting their scapegoats, getting on Ossie and Hibberts backs when neither were our poorest performer is boring.

Hibbert did have about 12-15 chances to cross the ball today. 10 of which hit the defender. I know because I counted. 1 got to Fellaini but only after a Sunderland flick on. The other crosses were aimless. I am  not getting on his back, just stating the facts. Read original post where I bl;ame Baines and Pienaar as well as Billy for the same thing.

December 26, 2009, 11:29:34 PM
Reply #117

Endless, Nameless

Hibbert did have about 12-15 chances to cross the ball today. 10 of which hit the defender. I know because I counted. 1 got to Fellaini but only after a Sunderland flick on. The other crosses were aimless. I am  not getting on his back, just stating the facts. Read original post where I bl;ame Baines and Pienaar as well as Billy for the same thing.

I'd normally say that was sad, but it must have been more fun than just watching that shitty game :p
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 26, 2009, 11:32:28 PM
Reply #118

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
It is sad Callum but I get annoyed every game when hits the first guy. Thought I would keep a tally today for funs sake.

December 26, 2009, 11:45:45 PM
Reply #119

chang

Indeed, but he didn't try to cross it through the defender, if memory serves me right he was in plenty of space ?

Hibbo has played for many years, how many pinpoint goal scoring crosses can anyone recall ? ( I was told, but don't know for sure he is the only regular RB in the prem never to score ?) - I agree there are parts of his game that are fine, but the better teams have full backs that assist the attacking play........just like Coleman did, albeit only in one game, but surely he is worth another punt?

I consider myself one of the more tolerent fans when it comes to players, but Hibbo was first choice RB during our better periods recently, when we had Artea to thread the ball through to him, the guy is no quitter, and admired for that, but he has too many limitations. JMO of course.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:48:00 PM by chang »