October 23, 2019, 02:15:35 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland vs Everton  (Read 26183 times)

December 26, 2009, 09:51:38 PM
Read 26183 times

chang

That quick free kick to us in added time, intercepted 3 yards away.........why not a re-take?

December 26, 2009, 10:14:25 PM
Reply #1

chang

The more I see Tony Hibbert play, the more I am convinced I could of played professional football and he should do my job!

December 26, 2009, 10:33:45 PM
Reply #2

chang

Positive at this moment in time = deluded.

Hit the post, but what else has their GK had to do?

Plenty of time mind.

December 26, 2009, 10:58:22 PM
Reply #3

chang

We moved up the table !

December 26, 2009, 11:14:16 PM
Reply #4

chang

Earlier in the season, Bily was taking some corners, (v Stoke all of them I think) - why does Baines take them all now ? We must of had a dozen today, but didn't look like scoring from them.

What just don't get is why we play those daft little chips forward all the time....I just think back to Coleman v Spurs, a decent delivery from the right today, instead of Hibbert kicking it against the defender could of produced a goal or two. I would just love Moyes to be asked "why?" in an interview

The reason we hit the defender so often is because we are not prepared to take it past him and cross from the line ?

December 26, 2009, 11:45:45 PM
Reply #5

chang

The same Hibbert who supplied the cross for Fellaini's goal?

Indeed, but he didn't try to cross it through the defender, if memory serves me right he was in plenty of space ?

Hibbo has played for many years, how many pinpoint goal scoring crosses can anyone recall ? ( I was told, but don't know for sure he is the only regular RB in the prem never to score ?) - I agree there are parts of his game that are fine, but the better teams have full backs that assist the attacking play........just like Coleman did, albeit only in one game, but surely he is worth another punt?

I consider myself one of the more tolerent fans when it comes to players, but Hibbo was first choice RB during our better periods recently, when we had Artea to thread the ball through to him, the guy is no quitter, and admired for that, but he has too many limitations. JMO of course.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:48:00 PM by chang »