October 21, 2017, 07:17:25 PM

Author Topic: Favourite Everton Quotes  (Read 12427 times)

December 22, 2009, 06:05:54 AM
Read 12427 times

.Rimbo.

A selection of mine;

"I have good days and bad days but I've got great people around me - my friends, family and team-mates. Hopefully the boys can do it [win the FA Cup] this year and I'll be back next year and we can do it again."
~ Phil Jagielka

"You never know how long you are going to spend (at a Club) but what I can say is that I can see myself finishing my career at Everton ... I have been in other football Clubs and Im telling you this is a special one. People say we are a family we really are."
~ Mikel Arteta

"I was running back to the center circle after I scored the second goal against Liverpool and pure elation welled up inside me. I remember thinking: 'I just love this place - I want this place forever.'"
~ Alan Ball

"Football was never the same for me after I left Everton and although I always wanted to win, losing never really seemed to hurt anymore."
~ Kevin Ratcliffe

"There was nothing like quietening that Kop. When you stuck a goal in there it all went quiet, apart from a bit of choice language aimed in your direction! Scoring there was a delight to me. I just used to turn round to the crowd and bow three times to them."
~ Dixie Dean

"Once Everton has touched you, nothing will be the same."
~ Alan Ball

"I came to Everton to win."
~ Andy Gray

"I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it."
~Alan Harper

"I have not been short of invitations to other clubs and have been received more warmly by Everton than I have by Liverpool. It's probably fair to say that they are now 'my' team."
~ Bill Shankly

"Now Zidane, easily outstripped by Gravesen.''
ITV's Jon Champion @ Denmark v France World Cup Match 2002

deCoubertin

December 22, 2009, 06:42:10 AM
Reply #1

Endless, Nameless

"I have not been short of invitations to other clubs and have been received more warmly by Everton than I have by Liverpool. It's probably fair to say that they are now 'my' team."
~ Bill Shankly

???
You sure that's right?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 22, 2009, 07:34:19 AM
Reply #2

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
'Watch this Space'
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 22, 2009, 02:55:34 PM
Reply #3

.Rimbo.

"Ladies and gentlemen today we are joined by a man who ranks amongst the greatest there is, Shakespeare, Rembrandt and Bach, this man is Dixie Dean."

That's the quote, isn't it?

Another classic;

“Everton have always been noted for going out on the pitch to play football. We got called the school of science quite rightly. The other lot, the Reds…. well they were a gang of butchers! …. they should have been working in an abattoir. McNab, McKinlay, the Wadsworths. God bless my soul. They’d kick an old woman”

~Dixie Dean

December 22, 2009, 04:25:03 PM
Reply #4

Big Nev

NSNO Subscriber
Those quotes brought a little tear to me eye....

One of my favourites:

"One Evertonian is worth 20 Kopites."

Brian Labone (R.I.P.)
Rotterdam \'85
I was there!!!

December 22, 2009, 05:37:28 PM
Reply #5

Thom

Administrator
"I would have broken every bone in my body for any other club, but I would have died for Everton."

-Dave 'The Cannonball Kid' Hickson

December 22, 2009, 07:00:15 PM
Reply #6

Endless, Nameless

Yup

From his autobiography

He also gave a speech at a dinner for Dixie Dean either before or after his testimonial in which he compared him to famous artists and composers and said he was privileged to be in the same room as him

But what link did he have to Everton? I thought he was the kop's idol, do they know he said this? :D

December 22, 2009, 07:02:58 PM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

But what link did he have to Everton? I thought he was the kop's idol, do they know he said this? :D

He was treated like shit by the board after he left Anfield. Where as at Everton he was welcomed and respected.

December 22, 2009, 07:55:55 PM
Reply #8

nomorechang

RIP
"Once Everton has touched you, nothing will be the same."
~ Alan Ball

Bally was my first hero as a child .. the ' Ball of Fire ' was the greatest player I've ever seen to wear the Blue shirt of Everton FC . I cried when he left and shed a tear when he died ... I've lived my football supporting life by that quote .. NOTHING  has been the same since I first went to Goodison over 40 years ago

R.I.P. Alan Ball , my hero
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 22, 2009, 07:59:44 PM
Reply #9

Con.1878

"I usually just put one finger up signaling a goal, but, it being the kop end, two fingers automatically went up."

Kevin Sheedy after he scored the free kick against the shite.

December 22, 2009, 08:19:24 PM
Reply #10

Endless, Nameless

He was treated like shit by the board after he left Anfield. Where as at Everton he was welcomed and respected.

When did he come to Everton though... He never managed here.

December 22, 2009, 09:09:20 PM
Reply #11

Jamokachi

When did he come to Everton though... He never managed here.

As a fan mate.

December 22, 2009, 10:11:58 PM
Reply #12

Endless, Nameless

As a fan mate.

Wow. I'll have to make sure my kopite friends know their hero ended up a bluenose. Couldn't say the reverse for Dixie ;)

December 22, 2009, 10:30:20 PM
Reply #13

Jamokachi

Not so much he ended up a bluenose as the disgusting way he was treated by the Liverpool board. The man deserved more respect than he was shown.

December 22, 2009, 10:35:55 PM
Reply #14

Purple Aki

The Gravesen one is pure quality