November 20, 2017, 01:32:17 AM

Author Topic: BlueMoon Highlights  (Read 7295 times)

March 25, 2010, 12:28:24 PM
Reply #30

HungryHungryHibbo

I know I'm biased, but I honestly can't figure out how people could HATE Everton. I can understand not supporting us, not liking us, but HATING us? Come on:

- we're a relatively realistic (read: cynical) group of fans after the many, many years of mediocrity
- we're owned by an actual local fan, rather than a foreign businessman (like him or not)
- our manager acts with dignity, not tapping up players or spouting shite (a la Rafa or Redknapp)
- our club does lots of community work in the area
- we play some decent footy at times
- we bring through quite a few young players from the academy rather than expensive names
- we've played in the same lovable old shed for 100 some years
- none of our players are overpaid whiny scumbags

the only negative things about us I can think of are:
- alleged history of racism...which has been blown out of context
- County Road Cutters
- at times pathetic obsession over the shite
- Callum's awkward obsession over Jagielka

Seriously, where does the HATE come from?? I just can't see it, and when I see that City fan saying he "hates everything" about us, it just confuses me more than angers me. Anyone have any insight?
coyb

deCoubertin

March 25, 2010, 01:24:55 PM
Reply #31

Derek

It's in the nature of footy my man. :-).

Very few clubs aside, I hate absolutely everyone but us and could write a list of things I hate about any single one of them.

If you're smart you realise it's all a bit of banter, if you're a heavy breathing knuckle dragger you take it to heart.

:)
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 25, 2010, 02:11:31 PM
Reply #32

everton-4-ever

there more city fans on man utd sites since the arabs bought voices for every fan

before that they where still dizzy from yo-yoing from the lower leagues

do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

March 25, 2010, 03:51:26 PM
Reply #33

bloody scally

Who cares if people are having a giggle over them. It will (should) stop in the run up to the next match and we won't have to bother spare a thought to them till next season.

March 25, 2010, 05:32:10 PM
Reply #34

Endless, Nameless

My obsession? What about Rimbo?

That guy would let Jags rimbo the shit out of him.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 25, 2010, 09:16:43 PM
Reply #35

.Rimbo.

I know I'm biased, but I honestly can't figure out how people could HATE Everton. I can understand not supporting us, not liking us, but HATING us? Come on:

- we're a relatively realistic (read: cynical) group of fans after the many, many years of mediocrity
- we're owned by an actual local fan, rather than a foreign businessman (like him or not)
- our manager acts with dignity, not tapping up players or spouting shite (a la Rafa or Redknapp)
- we bring through quite a few young players from the academy rather than expensive names

- County Road Cutters

Seriously, where does the HATE come from?? I just can't see it, and when I see that City fan saying he "hates everything" about us, it just confuses me more than angers me. Anyone have any insight?

Maybe it's jealousy for all of the positive reasons you've named? A lot of them reasons could be reversed as to why teams hate us e.g. City knowing we didn't have to sell our soul to some Sheikh (or some Thai Civil Rights Violator) to compete at the top end of the table etc. Obviously with United, Liverpool etc. the hatred's a different kind.

And Callum, I'd definitely go gay for Jagielka. I wouldn't even go gay for you, but Jagielka I would <3 <3 We're future life partners.

March 25, 2010, 09:37:28 PM
Reply #36

Flusky

Not read all replies so I can't know if someones pointed this out, but they had a thread called

Lets break the bank for Everton's midfield

I can't even begin to describe how infuriating, crass and disrespectful that is.

March 25, 2010, 09:38:32 PM
Reply #37

Flusky

- County Road Cutters

John Barnes was SHOWERED with bananas! That's not blown out of context to me!

March 25, 2010, 09:52:21 PM
Reply #38

Endless, Nameless

And Callum, I'd definitely go gay for Jagielka. I wouldn't even go gay for you, but Jagielka I would <3 <3 We're future life partners.

Was that a challenge?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

March 25, 2010, 10:42:24 PM
Reply #39

blueblood1988

Can we delete this thread now please! whats the point we won!

March 26, 2010, 12:00:17 AM
Reply #40

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
John Barnes was SHOWERED with bananas! That's not blown out of context to me!

Yes Callum, We were a very racist club at one stage, was horrendous the things written about us and the way we acted in those days.

Also, banter with other teams are part of why we love the game and support like we do. It makes the work day go shorter, more fun with family and friends so why not on forums. WUM are idiots I agree but intelligent conversation with other supporters is loads of fun at times. I enjoy other clubs supporters coming on here and chatting. Enjoy reading BBC's 606 as that is for everyone.

It is refreshing to have different opinions allthe time.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 26, 2010, 12:03:05 AM
Reply #41

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Our racism levels were dreadful!  We got a lot of stick for it but it was warranted at the time. Club and fans deserve credit for being at the forefront of the kick out campaign now though.

March 26, 2010, 12:25:19 AM
Reply #42

Ridge

You can't ask everyone to remember the history, but forget all the bad bits. It is the historical stick, but probably the same one City fans are used to getting hit with.

March 26, 2010, 12:42:39 AM
Reply #43

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

- County Road Cutters

To be honest it's probably post like this that turn other supporters against EFC - posturing about how great we are, overplaying the "people's club" and "class and dignity" aspect, and a certain misplaced arrogance to believe that everyone should like us.  It's kind of verging on some sort of weird combo of RS and Barcode-esque arrogant self-righteous fandom in my opinion.

I couldn't give a toss what anyone else thinks about us really, but if fans of one club want to hate us for whatever reason then fuck them, it doesn't matter.

March 26, 2010, 01:31:32 AM
Reply #44

Connavar

Wasn't 3Para a Kopite as well? He was a good lad. Some good General Topic posts!

Apologies to 3Para if he's not a Kopite!