September 19, 2019, 11:11:17 AM

Author Topic: Wolves v Everton  (Read 36859 times)

March 27, 2010, 10:56:48 PM
Reply #225

Chris

Administrator
Horribly frustrating. Cant believe we couldnt score.

March 27, 2010, 10:57:04 PM
Reply #226

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
A big let down today, especially with what's happened to Villa.

One of those days I think.  Moyes could have made the subs earlier I suppose, but in the event Yak was ineffective anyway so probably wouldn't have made a difference.  I'd like to see the stats for that game as we must have had 15 shots or so, just nothing that ever really looked like finding the back of the net.

March 27, 2010, 10:57:22 PM
Reply #227

.Rimbo.

Definitely missed Arteta today, and would rather have had Bily than Rodwell we needed a lot of creativity to unlock them so I would blame starting Moyes' lineup and lack of substitutions

He must hate Bilyaletdinov. Dan Fucking Gosling?

He's a promising youngster like but you've got a £9-10 million Russian international scratching his arse on the bench.

March 27, 2010, 10:58:18 PM
Reply #228

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I cannot believe we have just drew that came, we should have came away from here with 3 points. We would be ahead of Villa if we had won that, do a lot of our players forget that? Are they stupid or something? Again, for about the 100th time this season Moyes made his substitutions far to late and should have left Saha on IMO and took Cahill off. I am so pissed off with that result especially considering what score Villa got on, fucking ridiculous.

We would still be below Villa on gd if we'd have won.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 27, 2010, 10:58:33 PM
Reply #229

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

He's a promising youngster like but you've got a £9-10 million Russian international scratching his arse on the bench.

Yeah but Bily hardly looks like a player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and change things quickly, which is what was required.

March 27, 2010, 10:59:20 PM
Reply #230

cantoffee

We unlocked them plenty of times today, on the ground, in the air, but we couldn't finish anything. Ossie should've scored early on and we probably would've gone on to destroy them. Just not our day, I really don't think there was much else Moyes could do, we had shedloads of chances but no one wanted to finish today.

March 27, 2010, 10:59:21 PM
Reply #231

HungryHungryHibbo

You forgot to mention he scores goals...really hope Bily doesn't leave this summer as I think he's class but can't for the life of me see him staying after the way he's being treated
coyb

March 27, 2010, 10:59:51 PM
Reply #232

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah but Bily hardly looks like a player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and change things quickly, which is what was required.

And Gosling is..?

I have to think we should have changed things earlier.

Also I think we could've you know actually had Saha and Yak on at the same time.

March 27, 2010, 11:00:01 PM
Reply #233

Jamokachi

Can Gosling?

March 27, 2010, 11:00:06 PM
Reply #234

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
First sub should have been Cahill off yak on after 55 minutes.

Then maybe 10 mins later Billy for Osman.

And then whatever depending on how that went.

Everyone could see a change was needed. Why couldn't Moyes? So frustrating.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 27, 2010, 11:01:05 PM
Reply #235

Derek

Frustrating. Must admit I am in a shit mood now.

Still, we created chances - just couldn't score.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 27, 2010, 11:01:23 PM
Reply #236

Fynci

And Gosling is..?

I have to think we should have changed things earlier.

Also I think we could've you know actually had Saha and Yak on at the same time.

Yeah, I think it should have been changed after 60 mins, and not 72. Also I'd have liked to have seen Osman off for Yak, and not Saha for Yak.

March 27, 2010, 11:02:08 PM
Reply #237

.Rimbo.

As HHH above me says though, he scores goals. He scores goals in the blink of an eye. He's a seasoned pro and he's had enough of a rest.

It just baffles me that Moyes, a man who is usually so cautious about youngsters (Coleman, Rodwell etc) and always goes with experience, seems so willing to play Gosling instead of Bilyaletdinov at almost every opportunity.

When the chips are down, you go with the experienced men. The men who've been there. It's not as if Gosling knows how to take the game by the scruff of the neck either.

March 27, 2010, 11:02:13 PM
Reply #238

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Can Gosling?

Well he has come on and scored in the past.  I don't think he's a great gamechanger at all, but I can understand why you wouldn't look to Bily in the situation we found ourselves in today.

March 27, 2010, 11:03:15 PM
Reply #239

cantoffee

I thought Gossers did well when he was on the pitch, had an attempt and nearly scored when he injured himself. He gets into goalscoring positions really well and wasn't a bad substition, my biggest issue was not bringing yak on for cahill and going 2 up front.