September 17, 2019, 08:08:30 AM

Author Topic: Wolves v Everton  (Read 36631 times)

March 27, 2010, 11:03:52 PM
Reply #240

Jamokachi

The only tactical decision that surprised me is that we didn't go 4-4-2 when the Yak came on. There was no point taking Saha off.

March 27, 2010, 11:04:14 PM
Reply #241

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
As HHH above me says though, he scores goals. He scores goals in the blink of an eye. He's a seasoned pro and he's had enough of a rest.

It just baffles me that Moyes, a man who is usually so cautious about youngsters (Coleman, Rodwell etc) and always goes with experience, seems so willing to play Gosling instead of Bilyaletdinov at almost every opportunity.

When the chips are down, you go with the experienced men. The men who've been there. It's not as if Gosling knows how to take the game by the scruff of the neck either.

I like Bily, and think he's going to be a great player for us.  I can understand the logic in sending on Gosling over Bily though, as he has a tendency to be a passenger and also to slow things down, which wasn't what we needed.

Yes he does know how to score goals, and personally I would have had him on with 25 minutes to go.  I can understand why he didn't come on though.

March 27, 2010, 11:04:23 PM
Reply #242

Gary Iceman

i can understand ya's all moanin about subs being made earlier in the game if we werent creating chances, but my god we created loads today,just couldnt put them away.
Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

March 27, 2010, 11:07:08 PM
Reply #243

Fern

Did you same the same thing when Gosling came on and scored against Man U?

March 27, 2010, 11:08:31 PM
Reply #244

.Rimbo.

I like Bily, and think he's going to be a great player for us.  I can understand the logic in sending on Gosling over Bily though, as he has a tendency to be a passenger and also to slow things down, which wasn't what we needed.

Yes he does know how to score goals, and personally I would have had him on with 25 minutes to go.  I can understand why he didn't come on though.

Fair enough mate. If I'm honest, I expected/wanted Bilya' to start. He's had sufficient rest with Donovan and what-not coming in. He needs to start playing him because there's no point having that sort of money just chilling on the bench.

March 27, 2010, 11:08:48 PM
Reply #245

Gary Iceman

Alan Harper: "I made my debut at Goodison against Stoke and was standing in the tunnel waiting to go onto the pitch. Z cars started playing on the PA and I heard the crowd roar. If I could bottle a moment and save it forever, then that would be it.

March 27, 2010, 11:10:22 PM
Reply #246

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Fair enough mate. If I'm honest, I expected/wanted Bilya' to start. He's had sufficient rest with Donovan and what-not coming in. He needs to start playing him because there's no point having that sort of money just chilling on the bench.

I'd llike to see him start too Rimbo.  I'm pretty certain Moyes is looking to save him for next season though now.

March 27, 2010, 11:36:27 PM
Reply #247

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Did you same the same thing when Gosling came on and scored against Man U?

Yes.

And when he brought Rodwell on too.

That time it paid off.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 28, 2010, 12:02:57 AM
Reply #248

fast lane

The only tactical decision that surprised me is that we didn't go 4-4-2 when the Yak came on. There was no point taking Saha off.

Agree, I wasn't the only one thinking that Cahill should have gone off. But then he nearly scored..
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

March 28, 2010, 12:15:02 AM
Reply #249

Gash

Global Moderator
Don't know if McCarthy trying to big up their own performance, but he said in his post match interview, we were the best they have seen there this season.

He also said "they are a top 4 side". Don't think he looks very high up the league table.  :whistle:

March 28, 2010, 12:26:08 AM
Reply #250

rozzie22

Definitely missed Arteta today, and would rather have had Bily than Rodwell we needed a lot of creativity to unlock them so I would blame starting Moyes' lineup and lack of substitutions

we unlocked them time and time again...
why make subs when we are whipping them?

lets call a spade a spade, luck was against us...
i dont understand some of the knee jerk reactions on here

March 28, 2010, 12:29:55 AM
Reply #251

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Second half we needed change. Should have gone 442 with Yak and Saha up front.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 28, 2010, 12:33:40 AM
Reply #252

Gary Iceman

we unlocked them time and time again...
why make subs when we are whipping them?

lets call a spade a spade, luck was against us...
i dont understand some of the knee jerk reactions on here

exactly this..

March 28, 2010, 12:53:52 AM
Reply #253

rozzie22

Second half we needed change. Should have gone 442 with Yak and Saha up front.

why exactly?

March 28, 2010, 12:57:02 AM
Reply #254

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Two strikers. Against poor opposition.

Cahill was poor again.

We needed a change.