September 23, 2019, 10:24:34 AM

Author Topic: Wolves v Everton  (Read 37120 times)

March 28, 2010, 02:03:06 AM
Reply #255

rozzie22

no we didnt...we were taking them apart!
why change the formation and have to change our tactics when we had them on the back foot

you wouldnt be saying this if we scored late on through one of our numerous changes

the whole reason to makes is when something isnt working. our tactics were working!

March 28, 2010, 02:10:32 AM
Reply #256

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Our performance was not good. Most of the shots we had were tricklers, not clear cut opportunities.

I remember most of the forum crying out for change in the 55th minute. We really were not very good.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 28, 2010, 02:22:49 AM
Reply #257

Gumpinio

we piss on them for 90 minutes, and the performance was bad?
I'm confused.
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

March 28, 2010, 02:29:47 AM
Reply #258

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Read back in the thread.

“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 28, 2010, 02:32:48 AM
Reply #259

nomorechang

RIP
We should have won , but it was not for the want of trying , .. OK someplayers were not up to scratch but we were by far the better team , .. It spoke volumes as well at the final whistle , their fans celebrated like they had just won the Champions League
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

March 28, 2010, 02:35:51 AM
Reply #260

rozzie22

Our performance was not good. Most of the shots we had were tricklers, not clear cut opportunities.

I remember most of the forum crying out for change in the 55th minute. We really were not very good.

where to start with this....

i couldnt disagree with anymore if i tried

the forum members are not exactly football managers are they?
the same forum in fact who didnt want Donovan, thought Johnny was a waste of money, same with jags and Yak, wanted fellaini shipped back to belgium and who thought utd and chelsea would smash us at GP this season

i know who'd id rather back...moyes or us posters

March 28, 2010, 03:03:05 AM
Reply #261

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Might as well shut down the forum then.

All debate is null and void.

The manager is always right.

March 28, 2010, 03:07:12 AM
Reply #262

rozzie22

no not at all, but you cant make absolute statements like "well the forum wanted a change" as if to say "we know more than moyes"

we battered wolves today, even big Mick said we were one of the best he's seen this season

March 28, 2010, 03:27:56 AM
Reply #263

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
One of the best he's seen this season? They've lost at home 8 times this season, only Pompey had lost more at home.

I'm sorry, but for all the chances we had, few were clear cut and most shots I saw were pretty much just rolled into the keepers hands.

It was apparent we needed clinical finishing, and I would loved to have seen us keep Saha on but provide him with the Yak as a partner to support him more.

March 28, 2010, 03:32:33 AM
Reply #264

rozzie22

One of the best he's seen this season? They've lost at home 8 times this season, only Pompey had lost more at home.

I'm sorry, but for all the chances we had, few were clear cut and most shots I saw were pretty much just rolled into the keepers hands.

It was apparent we needed clinical finishing, and I would loved to have seen us keep Saha on but provide him with the Yak as a partner to support him more.

just coz they've lost 8 at home, doesnt mean they were outplayed when they lost...

anyways, agree to disagree on this one

March 28, 2010, 03:36:19 AM
Reply #265

.Rimbo.

Can you not see though, rozzie, how Yakubu and Saha would offer more in an attacking sense than say, Yakubu and Cahill or Saha and Cahill?

Can you not see how Bilya' offers more than Gosling in an attacking sense?

March 28, 2010, 03:54:46 AM
Reply #266

rozzie22

Can you not see though, rozzie, how Yakubu and Saha would offer more in an attacking sense than say, Yakubu and Cahill or Saha and Cahill?

Can you not see how Bilya' offers more than Gosling in an attacking sense?

all id say is this...why change when you are completely on top and creating chances?
when you make changes when you are on top, especially formation ones, it can make you lose momentum.
our midfield were bossing the game, why take one off?

there is no evidence to suggest Yak and Saha playing up front together has equalled goals.
Cahill offers us a huge goal threat and a different angle on our attacking spells.

Agreed on Billy/Gosling point

March 28, 2010, 06:06:01 AM
Reply #267

Thom

Administrator

Probably because, like you said, you weren't really watching. Might be a thought, like.

March 28, 2010, 07:22:12 AM
Reply #268

Scouse Ruletero

No offence mate, but that's nonsense.

We had at least three gilt-edged chances - Osman in the first few minutes, Saha's header in the second half, and Gosling at the end. There was also Saha hitting the crossbar, and numerous other shots that we should have done better with.

It was just one of those days.

March 28, 2010, 03:36:17 PM
Reply #269

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah they were the few clear cut chances I remember.

I found the rest of the match so bloody boring.