November 22, 2017, 01:45:06 AM

Author Topic: Home Atmosphere  (Read 1216 times)

March 25, 2010, 11:31:27 PM
Read 1216 times

.Rimbo.

I actually think it's been excellent a fair few times this year. City, Spurs, Chelsea, United etc.

Over the last 10 years it's been mainly shit but I think this year, since C-Rimbo, it's really improved.

deCoubertin

March 25, 2010, 11:35:44 PM
Reply #1

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
It's never been bad against the bigger teams, just every other match it's awful.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

March 25, 2010, 11:37:04 PM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

It's never been bad against the bigger teams, just every other match it's awful.

The lesser matches yes, but I can't remember the last time Spurs generated any sort of atmosphere. Granted, it depends on how the match goes, but it's just a general point, the atmosphere this season has been terrific at times.

March 25, 2010, 11:37:17 PM
Reply #3

everton-4-ever

for me the atmosphere has never came close to the 4-4 fa cup game with the shite

never been able to put finger as to why fiorentina was a belter though
do to the man as the man would to you but do it first!!

March 26, 2010, 01:43:54 AM
Reply #4

Derek

I don't know. I was right up for that game too. Remember it vividly.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

March 26, 2010, 01:49:46 AM
Reply #5

.Rimbo.

for me the atmosphere has never came close to the 4-4 fa cup game with the shite

never been able to put finger as to why fiorentina was a belter though

Because we thought we'd win the UEFA Cup that year.
Because we overturned a 2-0 deficit.
Because we got battered in the first leg and then we're battering them in the second.
Because Arteta scored a belter.
Because Arteta had owed us a moment of magic all season and had flattered to deceive from the wings.
Because Arteta was just coming back from a stomach injury and may not have even played.

All that culminated into 5 minutes of joy in the Gwladys end. What a night! If we would've won, RIP Rimbo.

March 26, 2010, 02:26:15 AM
Reply #6

coloradoblue

For me....85 and Bayern.....

March 26, 2010, 02:30:43 AM
Reply #7

blueblood1988

For me....85 and Bayern.....

what was that like?

March 26, 2010, 04:12:45 AM
Reply #8

charlatan

what was that like?

It was like when Big Dunc scored against Man Utd the other year, but for the whole game (bar about 20 mins when they scored and it was halftime).  Second half was just chaos, the krauts shat themselves.  There was over 50,000 in the ground, and only around 250 of them were Bayern Munich fans.

I was nine years old at the time, and still remember it like it was yesterday.

March 26, 2010, 04:20:50 AM
Reply #9

Army71990

Against Hull was fantastic too, watchin Donovan run to the corner to say his goodbyes, crowd chanting "USA USA USA!!" before the fella behind me went "have I come to Goodison Park or the fucking Superbowl!?". Fiorentina at home was top notch as well, just wish I was born sooner to see the proper Glory days.
"We had a terrible start to the season and a lot of that had to do with Manchester City. I would rather come here and show a bit of dignity with our result. What we should be talking about is the performance of Everton, which was outstanding"

March 26, 2010, 03:07:29 PM
Reply #10

Nabel

I have been to the MCG (Australians know what im talking about) when its had 100 000 screaming people in it...
It was loud.
But when i was at the tottenham game at goodison this year... that was something else.. when we saved the penalty in extra time.. i swear it was louder.

March 26, 2010, 03:25:58 PM
Reply #11

nomorechang

RIP
what was that like?

I was 25 yrs old at that game .. I have never experienced anything remotely like it at a football stadium since .. (including Wembley against Utd after we'd won on penalties) , it was unreal ..breathtaking ..and when Tricky scored the 3rd and we knew for certain that we'd won it was like a massive explosion of exhiliration .. If you could have bottled that atmosphere that night you'd have been a billionaire now selling it by the millilitre ...
So if you were wondering ... yes it was quite good  :cheers: lolol :hail:
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "