November 22, 2017, 03:28:38 AM

Author Topic: Manny wants to come home?  (Read 10881 times)

December 22, 2009, 11:26:37 PM
Reply #30

fast lane

That sounds kind of promising.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

deCoubertin

December 22, 2009, 11:52:13 PM
Reply #31

edbootle

Another loan. Maybe it's time we put a "Pawnshop" sign over the Goodison door.
:cheers:

December 23, 2009, 12:00:42 AM
Reply #32

montanatoffeefan

Lordy, picking up steam and credibility.  The mods should just sticky a Manny transfer thread. It would likely be hundreds of pages long by the end of the window, for BK surely won't get him until Jan 31 to save a few shekels in wages.
Everton forever.

December 23, 2009, 12:29:00 AM
Reply #33

Fern

Why is it that he hasn't made it at Valencia then? You reckon cos maybe he over does his skills a bit? Looking at what he has in locker, I'm bewildered why he's not one of the biggest talents europe.

December 23, 2009, 12:34:11 AM
Reply #34

Синий русский язык

I rate him so much i really hope he comes to everton!!! :P

December 23, 2009, 12:35:08 AM
Reply #35

Endless, Nameless

Fernandes? I ask again, did I miss all the games when he was good for us? He seemed awful to me...
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 23, 2009, 12:39:04 AM
Reply #36

Синий русский язык

Fernandes? I ask again, did I miss all the games when he was good for us? He seemed awful to me...

He really wasnt fit and i remember wen he played against top teams like arsenal and utd and ripped them a new bum hole

December 23, 2009, 12:45:07 AM
Reply #37

Haile GAZrselassie

uh oh................direct quotes attributed to the agent of fernandes adding weight to the story.........

critical error's aplenty on the horizon me thinks.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

December 23, 2009, 12:46:27 AM
Reply #38

Endless, Nameless

Hmm... Well
He really wasnt fit and i remember wen he played against top teams like arsenal and utd and ripped them a new bum hole

Hmm... Well I hope he can prove me wrong then - at Everton.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 23, 2009, 01:07:55 AM
Reply #39

sukulpat

It might be a third-time lucky for us and him.

December 23, 2009, 01:11:54 AM
Reply #40

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He'd be adequate back up for Arteta.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 23, 2009, 01:18:44 AM
Reply #41

montanatoffeefan

Most people rate Manny based on his flashes of greatness. And as I've said before in this thread and in many, many other threads, those flashes were too few and far between for me to believe he was star material. Being a top player, particularly in the Prem, means playing hard every week. Manny didn't even come close to doing that in either spell here. I'm not sure it's in him tbh.

But he does have the talent, technique and physicality to be a very good player. So the hope for me is that some tough years and more Moyes and being around players like Pienaar will convince him to work harder and more consistently and realize more of his potential. I'm wary of him repeating his past loan spells here, but would still welcome him. He can play a number of different positions, and we need players like that. And he has five times the upside of Landon Donovan, or anyone else we're likely to reel in on a freebie in January.
Everton forever.

December 23, 2009, 01:44:18 AM
Reply #42

jayd

billy boy and manny in same midfield. we,d be fucked. 2 lazy bastards who defo wouldn,t help us should we still be near the bottom come end of january. lee carsley all is forgiven. should of offered him the 2 years he was after.
once a blue always a blue!  r you reading this rooney you twat?

December 23, 2009, 02:00:14 AM
Reply #43

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I'd love for us to sign him permanently as I think that if he settles down and has some stability that he'll turn in to an immense player, a proper centre midfielder who can get up and down the pitch and impose himself offensively and also defensively.

I'm not sure about another loan move though.  It would take hime a while to get some fitness back after his lack of playing time, and as others have pointed out he only showed flashes of brilliance amongst several games of mediocrity in his previous 2 loan spells, particularly the second one.

I'd be happy if we got him, as we need bodies, he knows the club, and he's undoubtedly got tonnes of ability.  Just not entirely sure that a loan move would be all that beneficial for us.

December 23, 2009, 02:06:49 AM
Reply #44

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
billy boy and manny in same midfield. we,d be fucked. 2 lazy bastards who defo wouldn,t help us should we still be near the bottom come end of january. lee carsley all is forgiven. should of offered him the 2 years he was after.

omg
omg
omg
omg
omg
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney