November 21, 2017, 04:28:45 PM

Author Topic: Bad Luck?  (Read 1894 times)

December 22, 2009, 11:07:14 PM
Read 1894 times

Endless, Nameless

The dubious goals panel results have been released: http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1911835,00.html

What I noticed is that 6 of the 19 goals on it were scored AGAINST us. Now as these goals are usually ones like own goals, delections etc, surely this means we have actually been having some real bad luck on the pitch as well. Maybe this is obvious, but the fact that almost a third of the dubious goals were scored against us says to me we have had some rotten luck  :P
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

deCoubertin

December 22, 2009, 11:09:30 PM
Reply #1

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Hibbert's goal has been taken off him. :(
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 22, 2009, 11:12:50 PM
Reply #2

DannyR

Least that twat masacpone hasnt got a goal for liverpool yet
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

December 22, 2009, 11:16:54 PM
Reply #3

toffee_scot

What is means is we need to get our defence sorted and as soon as possible! Eliminate these individual errors, we've been in the top flight for 55 years so I would have thought that players at the club would have learnt that a small lapse in concentration at this level would punish us. 

December 23, 2009, 01:13:09 AM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Did Saha get awarded his goal against Chelsea?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 23, 2009, 03:52:59 AM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

Did Saha get awarded his goal against Chelsea?

No :(

And he was robbed one against Birmingham so he sould be on 12 in the PL...

December 23, 2009, 03:57:38 AM
Reply #6

MmmBlueRamirez

What is means is we need to get our defence sorted and as soon as possible! Eliminate these individual errors, we've been in the top flight for 55 years so I would have thought that players at the club would have learnt that a small lapse in concentration at this level would punish us. 

What it really means is that we need jags back asap. His last ditch interceptions and blocks either stop the ball or deflect off him and don't end up in the goal.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 23, 2009, 03:58:30 AM
Reply #7

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
You make your own luck and we haven't deserved much this season with our performances.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 23, 2009, 04:09:04 AM
Reply #8

Endless, Nameless

You make your own luck and we haven't deserved much this season with our performances.

Earlier on, true. The past 4 or 5 games the lads have played well and worked hard. We got some luck against Chelsea but we had a severe lack of it against the brummies.