November 20, 2017, 03:43:12 AM

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Everton  (Read 31401 times)

April 13, 2010, 06:42:22 PM
Reply #45

chang

No Arteta.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/04/13/no-arteta-at-villa

April 13, 2010, 07:08:44 PM
Reply #46

evertonjoe

No Arteta.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/04/13/no-arteta-at-villa

Sickener we really seem to struggle to break teams down without him. That said Villa are the home team so they probably won't go on the defensive

R.A.P Music

April 13, 2010, 09:27:13 PM
Reply #47

RICH

2-1 sorry to say

April 13, 2010, 09:44:21 PM
Reply #48

Fellainis Hairdresser

ihswr

what does this mean?
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

April 13, 2010, 10:12:47 PM
Reply #49

blueblood1988

Howard

Distin
Jagielka
Neville
Baines

Heitinga
Rodwell

Pienaar

Bilyaletinov 
Saha    (Cahill)
Yakubu

Fuck it got nothing to lose and everything to gain. May aswell try and suprise a tired villa team with some mad arse tactic and scare the shit out of them. Baines should be allowed to attack like mad.

just let the team off the leash a bit. let bily have some shots from distance and pienaar run with the ball into the box.

requires workrate from the two brothers up front.

Aston Villa 2-4 Everton

Miner, Petrov    Rodwell, Saha, Yakubu x 2

April 13, 2010, 10:18:27 PM
Reply #50

Derek

They were terribly leggy against Chelsea. That said, games between them and us have all been rather tight, minus the F.A Cup game last season. Would like to give them a bit of a beating at their own place.

Stifle their only tactic - the counter (which tiredness seems to have hampered anyway) and I'm positive we can win.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

April 13, 2010, 11:32:31 PM
Reply #51

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
We can win but I have a feeling it will be a terrible game.

April 14, 2010, 12:35:28 AM
Reply #52

.Rimbo.

ihswr

what does this mean?

If Hibbert Scores, We Riot.

It should just be HSWR! And I came up with that!

Where's that Danny?

April 14, 2010, 08:16:49 AM
Reply #53

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Doesn't look like it's a sell out.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 14, 2010, 05:55:02 PM
Reply #54

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Our record against them is dire

Simply simply lovely

April 14, 2010, 07:32:27 PM
Reply #55

Gumpinio

We lack cutting edge with Arteta
They only have counter attacking and Carew

Shit

Carew always scores against us......

1-1, Carew for them obviously and Cahill for us
"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people."
"When we have lost everything, including hope, life becomes a disgrace, and death a duty"
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident."

April 14, 2010, 08:11:10 PM
Reply #56

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I think 2 DM's (Johnny and Rodwell) would be useful here and rely on a counter attacking game similar to the approach we took at City. Although Moyes probably won't do this, this is what I would do.

-------------------------------------Howard----------------------------------------
Neville----------------Jagielka-------------Distin--------------------Baines
---------------Heitinga-------------------------------Rodwell-------------------
Osman----------------------------Cahill-------------------------------Pienaar
-------------------------------------Yakubu--------------------------------------------
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 14, 2010, 08:46:31 PM
Reply #57

top flight for a long time

I'd settle for a scrappy 1-0 with the ball flying in off someone's arse so O'Neill has something to moan about.
We're forever Everton....

April 14, 2010, 08:51:23 PM
Reply #58

Dr. Sponge

I'd like to see Rodwell alongside Heitinga. And 3 of Peinaar, Osman, Bily and Cahil... playing behind the Yak.

Defence picks itself.

2-0 the Blues. When we click, we're excellent. We're a better team on paper too, if we can cope with their pace.

April 15, 2010, 12:56:58 AM
Reply #59

HungryHungryHibbo

I'd like to see Rodwell alongside Heitinga. And 3 of Peinaar, Osman, Bily and Cahil... playing behind the Yak.

Defence picks itself.

2-0 the Blues. When we click, we're excellent. We're a better team on paper too, if we can cope with their pace.

Not too sure about that...probably about even. I rate Dunne, Warnock, Young, Downing, Petrov, Agbonlahor, Milner all pretty highly
coyb