November 22, 2017, 01:36:51 AM

Author Topic: [News]Howard upbeat over Donovan loan move  (Read 3176 times)

December 23, 2009, 10:48:32 PM
Read 3176 times

NewsBot

Howard upbeat over Donovan loan move

Tim Howard believes Landon Donovan can star for Everton during his loan spell

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php?item.5514.43

deCoubertin

December 24, 2009, 02:43:47 PM
Reply #1

gwells

Apparently Donavon was voted MVP for the USA this year with 3 goals and 9 assists for the national team. Interesting that Jimmy Gabriel suggested him to Moyes about 5-6 years ago but Moyes wasn't impresses,

December 24, 2009, 04:57:34 PM
Reply #2

fast lane

Maybe he's improved in those 5 or 6 years.
He'll definately offer us options, but we'll have to see just how good he is.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 26, 2009, 08:38:58 AM
Reply #4

blueski

Maybe he's improved in those 5 or 6 years.
He'll definately offer us options, but we'll have to see just how good he is.
[/quote
Doubt he'll be as dominant as in the US, but he's a player at the international level, the squad will be better with him than without him for sure. Not sure where we'll play him, another one like Billy in that respect for me.
Nil Satis

December 26, 2009, 08:43:02 PM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

We're not signing him, we're taking him for like 10 or so games. He's not a player that will move us forward as a club, but he's good enough to ease the pressure of the current injury crisis.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 27, 2009, 05:07:25 AM
Reply #6

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Moyes will want to blood him slowly so he can get used to the pace of the English game, maybe a few games in the reserves for fitness. By that time he might of left before anyone saw him.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2009, 05:13:56 AM
Reply #7

MmmBlueRamirez

Moyes will want to blood him slowly so he can get used to the pace of the English game, maybe a few games in the reserves for fitness. By that time he might of left before anyone saw him.

Hes already fit so shouldn't need to play for the reserves. I reckon a couple of subs appearances and then his first start depending on how the squad is shaping up at the time.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 27, 2009, 05:18:47 AM
Reply #8

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 27, 2009, 07:33:26 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
As he's a mainly a striker I dare say he'll take the Yak's place on the bench. Or the hapless Bilya.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

December 27, 2009, 03:38:43 PM
Reply #10

toffee_scot

You may probably be right, I don't expect Moyes to play Donovan so soon, Moyes doesn't like introducing new players straight away. But at least there is cover for Yakubu but Donovan may contribute more, maybe a goal or two. 

December 27, 2009, 05:07:11 PM
Reply #11

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It will be very interesting to see where he plays for us.  From what I can gather he can play either up front, left midfield or just off a main striker like Cahill does.

I imagine that it will depend on where our next injury happens as to where he plays probably....

December 28, 2009, 02:07:20 AM
Reply #12

Endless, Nameless

We really do need him to hit the ground running and scoring. This makes for some depressing reading, so let's hope he can prove to be a success:

The only other team with a grand total of 00,000,000.00 to spend is... Pompey.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 28, 2009, 02:21:57 AM
Reply #13

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
What paper is that from Callum?

It does make depressing reading - how on earth are we in such a mess that we lag behind everyone else like that?

December 28, 2009, 02:50:19 AM
Reply #14

Chazman

We don't need him.If he was ever going to be an EPL player he would have done it years ago. Now that our injured players are beginning to come back,whose place is he going to take? We need quality!
"I fuckin love this club"