November 25, 2017, 02:41:00 AM

Poll

What do you prefer, sale at the cost of the club, or wait for the bubble to burst

Keep British
13 (76.5%)
OIl shieks play thing
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Sale of EFC, Keep British, or Oil sheiks play thing  (Read 4838 times)

December 23, 2009, 11:32:11 PM
Read 4838 times

Bluescouse1

What do you think guys.
Do we try and stay in this country,
Or be another toy in the playboy's box
Would you rather have everything now like Man c
Or wiat till the bubble bursts and everyone comes to their sences
the oil men pull out and leave our clubs in tatters

deCoubertin

December 23, 2009, 11:45:12 PM
Reply #1

montanatoffeefan

So what you are saying is that foreign money is worse than British money?

Is that right?
So what you are saying is that foreign money is worse than British money?

Is that right?

I'd say either are better than Bill Kenwright money, which is no money at all.

People get too worked up about the nationality of owners. Mike Ashley is a Brit. The Glazers are Yanks, and not particularly well-thought of in their own country. Who would you rather have owning your club?

Besides, the days of a local individual owning a Prem league club as a single, standing concern are pretty much over. You need to run a club as part of a larger, international operation in order to make it work financially.
Everton forever.

December 23, 2009, 11:53:56 PM
Reply #2

huck

Money is money. Just want the right person or people for the job.
Le Berry

December 23, 2009, 11:54:58 PM
Reply #3

fast lane

And do they need to have been in the boys pen too?

Pathetic.

Everybody can see how we're going backwards.
We just can't compete.
Anybody who thinks this is good is clearly lacking in the brain department.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 23, 2009, 11:57:27 PM
Reply #4

huck

Is that directed at me Fast lane? If it is I think you've misunderstood what iv'e said.
Le Berry

December 24, 2009, 12:23:20 AM
Reply #5

fast lane

Is that directed at me Fast lane? If it is I think you've misunderstood what iv'e said.

No, not at all, you said it just right.

The title of the thread itself.

In spite of a few great seasons under David Moyes, we're going backwards under BK.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

December 24, 2009, 12:26:04 AM
Reply #6

huck

No, not at all, you said it just right.

The title of the thread itself.

In spite of a few great seasons under David Moyes, we're going backwards under BK.

Ok cheers! I wasn't sure.
Le Berry

December 24, 2009, 12:26:06 AM
Reply #7

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Borderline racist to be honest, assuming just because someone isn't British they can't run this club properly. Nationality makes no difference, I could damn near guarantee you won't find a billionaire Evertonian ready to take over this club.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 24, 2009, 01:44:49 AM
Reply #8

Cantoffie

I am all for MOney and all that but i dont want the club to be some Saudi's brain fart and send us tumbleing.

I like the club the way it is... just without the injuries!
My cup runeth over with blood, but not wine.

December 24, 2009, 01:57:47 AM
Reply #9

Chazman

To my knowledge no foreigner has done to any club what Risdale did to Leeds.How the fuck he was allowed anywhere near Cardiff is beyond me
"I fuckin love this club"

December 24, 2009, 02:01:47 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
To my knowledge no foreigner has done to any club what Risdale did to Leeds.How the fuck he was allowed anywhere near Cardiff is beyond me

He's doing much the same there too.

December 24, 2009, 02:20:54 AM
Reply #11

Sharky

Saying its racist is just stupid.

We all know that these people are just in it for the money. A british owner wouldnt have to be specifically an Everton fan just a Football Fan. Who knows what the club stands for and knows the English Game.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 24, 2009, 02:30:24 AM
Reply #12

Sharky

Alright fair point, but you know what I mean.

Put it this way, everyone goes on about Bill and his lies, so why would you want an arab to come in and the first thing just like the yanks did when they tookover "Yes im a lifelong liverpool fan".

Man city lied about Hughes and Mancini. I always happens yet would you's say a word? Just beacuse its not Kenwright.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 24, 2009, 02:35:22 AM
Reply #13

cantoffee

Alright fair point, but you know what I mean.

Put it this way, everyone goes on about Bill and his lies, so why would you want an arab to come in and the first thing just like the yanks did when they tookover "Yes im a lifelong liverpool fan".

Man city lied about Hughes and Mancini. I always happens yet would you's say a word? Just beacuse its not Kenwright.

Man City fans will forget the mark hughes sacking as soon as they spend 40 million pounds on new players in january and they make europa or champions league.

I'd rather have arab money than no money.

December 24, 2009, 02:37:10 AM
Reply #14

cantoffee

For god's sake I can believe I wrote arab money, a rich arab and a rich englishman are rarely different(same as anyone else with money), there just happens to be more rich arab businessmen looking to buy football clubs.