November 23, 2017, 11:45:05 AM

Author Topic: Jags admits WC doubts.  (Read 1771 times)

December 24, 2009, 01:22:08 AM
Read 1771 times

Gash

Global Moderator
For all those hoping he'll be back in January, and we'll never conceded a goal again
Even if he gets back playing in February, I would think it's going to be nearer March/April before he's back up to speed.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5794560,00.html

deCoubertin

December 24, 2009, 01:29:05 AM
Reply #1

Ridge

I have expected that for a while, I think its probably a similar story with Mikel.

December 24, 2009, 01:34:59 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
I have expected that for a while, I think its probably a similar story with Mikel.

Yup, I think we can almost right the two of them off for the season. They may be back in a few weeks, but won't be near their best much before the end of the season.

I think Moyes knows this, and that is why he is making noises about trying to bring in another 2-3 loans.

I certainly try to remain opptimistic, but a lot of people think these two will come back in January, fully fit, and we'll shoot up the table. It's not going to happen.

December 24, 2009, 04:17:13 AM
Reply #3

huck

Thought this for a while. Hopefully them training and in and around the squad will be a boost somewhat. Think they'd extend their contracts another year free of any pay rises and whatnot for time out? Kidding.
Le Berry

December 24, 2009, 05:12:04 AM
Reply #4

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, the season is a right off for those 2. Feel sorry for both but especially Mikel, might of clinched a world cuop squad place. COuld of gotten a game as a sub against a weak team in qualifying and pick up a World cup Winners medal.
Jags will still get his chance though.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 24, 2009, 07:56:20 AM
Reply #5

Endless, Nameless

I really, really hope Jags gets a shot in the WC. Especially with Ferdinand being so crap recently (I'm talking about before the injury, I'm not stupid). We know he's good enough. No one has ever stopped Torres as well as he did in those fews games last season, and Spain are the biggest threat for the WC, so he'd be a good 2nd choice CB at the very least.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 24, 2009, 10:01:20 PM
Reply #6

huck

I don't think it'd be good for Jags to go to the WC after his injury a rest and pre training would probably be better for him and his career. High pressure games take a toll both mentally and physically. Don't get me wrong I would love for him to go.
Le Berry

December 24, 2009, 11:15:07 PM
Reply #7

Endless, Nameless

I don't see why he couldn't go to Euro 2012 and the World cup in 2014 though. He'll be about 30 for one and 32 for the other I think. CBs are like goalkeepers, they hit their prime later than other players. But we all know Jags is good enough now and he deserves it. And you know it won't phase him either, anyone remember the last penalty kick in the semi-final of the FA cup last year?
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

December 25, 2009, 02:26:37 AM
Reply #8

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

I think it will be next season before we see the likes of Jags, Arteta, Billy, Yakubu and perhaps Neville back to full fitness and for Billy to show his true potential.