November 24, 2017, 10:05:17 AM

Author Topic: Billy says it how it is  (Read 4686 times)

December 24, 2009, 01:58:14 PM
Read 4686 times

Trowel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1238147/Diniyar-Bilyaletdinov-We-dont-pass-ball-hold-lead--Everton-winger-hits-slump.html?ITO=1490

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov has hit out at Everton's crude playing style and questioned his team-mates' psychological strength amid a run of six Premier League games without a win.

David Moyes takes Everton to Sunderland on Boxing Day with his injury-hit side sitting 15th in the table, just two points above the relegation zone.

But Bilyaletdinov, 24, said: 'Our team are very good at playing passing football but we rarely do this.

'We create chances mainly by lobbing the ball forward and putting teams under pressure.'

His early goal against Birmingham on Sunday was cancelled out by Sebastian Larsson to ensure a third straight draw and the Russian is critical of his team for not holding on for a much-needed win.

'Crisis or coincidence?' he said. 'Call it what you like. The point is that for the umpteenth time we took the lead but could not hold on to it. It seems our problem is psychological.'

Bilyaletdinov revealed his manager had been quizzing him on out-of-favour Chelsea wide man Yuri Zhirkov, who can play at left back or on the wing.

Interesting comment about Zhirkov, Chelsea might be open to the idea of loaning him out to regain fitness for next season - looked very good coming on against West Ham the other day.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

deCoubertin

December 24, 2009, 03:39:35 PM
Reply #1

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Billy needs to read this forum and then he'll understand that most of the team are out with injuries and that the players left are not capable of actually passing, only hoofing.

He needs to understand that only when Arteta comes back, will we be able to pass again.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 24, 2009, 04:54:25 PM
Reply #2

blob

he also needs to look at his own game.

December 24, 2009, 04:58:03 PM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
His game is obviously based on passing football.

December 24, 2009, 05:04:48 PM
Reply #4

dekko

He is right, and even with all the injuries, we still have had Pienaar, Cahill, Fellaini, Jo, Saha, Yakubu, Heitinga, Baines, and Blillya all very capable to pass the ball well. Let's just stop with the long balls.

December 24, 2009, 05:06:45 PM
Reply #5

blob

if you think arteta, good as he is, is the only key to a passing game, then we're truly in the shit. they are all pros, and capable of passing.

i'm more inclined to believe that the manager trains them to get rid of the ball like a hot potato, anywhere. hence all the hoofing. i sometimes think that moyes, injuries aside, doesn't trust them to play football.

December 24, 2009, 05:29:26 PM
Reply #6

goodison85

Billy needs to read this forum and then he'll understand that most of the team are out with injuries and that the players left are not capable of actually passing, only hoofing.

He needs to understand that only when Arteta comes back, will we be able to pass again.

first 20 minutes against birmingham we were knocking it round well. probably the best passing moves weve seen from the lads all season..
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

December 24, 2009, 05:42:35 PM
Reply #7

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
if you think arteta, good as he is, is the only key to a passing game, then we're truly in the shit. they are all pros, and capable of passing.

i'm more inclined to believe that the manager trains them to get rid of the ball like a hot potato, anywhere. hence all the hoofing. i sometimes think that moyes, injuries aside, doesn't trust them to play football.

I think Blarg was being a little sarcastic in reference to some people on here believing that Arteta not being in the team is a perfectly good excuse for our fit players being almost incapable of passing a ball.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 24, 2009, 05:44:51 PM
Reply #8

Connavar

No way Zhirkov would come to us. Chelsea will never let him go.

December 24, 2009, 05:48:08 PM
Reply #9

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
No way Zhirkov would come to us. Chelsea will never let him go.

A loan could be possible, he doesn't seem to be getting much playing time there.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 24, 2009, 05:49:27 PM
Reply #10

richsingo

The point is that for the umpteenth time we took the lead but could not hold on to it. It seems our problem is psychological.'

'Umpteenth' time. Haha, come russian word is that?

December 24, 2009, 06:32:04 PM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The Arteta thing is an excuse.

In parts it's reasonable as all teams have playmakers. Take Xavi and Iniesta out of Barca's midfield and leave them with Toure, Keita and Busquets. All very much capable of passing the ball, but their level of creative play is well below what the other 2 bring. Yes we're on a different level but the basis remains the same.

In others it's not a reasonable excuse. The first 20 mins against B'ham showed that we are more than capable of doing it. So why don't we do it more?

The B'ham game shows why we aren't doing it more this season and that's purely confidence. You can't tell me that after they scored, Moyes went and told them to forget all that really good stuff, just look really short of ideas instead.

December 24, 2009, 06:53:11 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I think Blarg was being a little sarcastic in reference to some people on here believing that Arteta not being in the team is a perfectly good excuse for our fit players being almost incapable of passing a ball.

You would be right.

December 24, 2009, 07:30:27 PM
Reply #13

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

I thin Billy has shown his passing prowess in the way he is on a different wavelength to all the other players. For instance against Tottenham he played a brilliant ball through for Jo to run onto and he didn't catch on to it and in the end Gomes pounced on the ball. I think that a few of the players need to have a lesson of him on how to pass the right way.

By the way has anyone else noticed Evertons kick off routine? Stricker to Cahill, Cahill to Hibbert then they run up the pitch and Hibbert boots the ball up the pitch, beats me ???

December 24, 2009, 07:36:41 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Yep, and possession goes straight to the opposition.

Might as well let the opposition kick off all the time.