0 (0%)
Just in front of Defence
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Osman  (Read 2416 times)

December 24, 2009, 08:17:28 PM
Read 2416 times

Pienaar's 6th dreadlock from the right

I think CM myself but... he doesn't have any pace at all and can't beat the full backs.

deCoubertin

December 24, 2009, 08:26:39 PM
Reply #1

Flusky

Left Back... in the dressing room.

December 24, 2009, 08:31:07 PM
Reply #2

JAGIARTEHEITHILL

the championship

December 24, 2009, 08:35:18 PM
Reply #3

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 24, 2009, 08:56:41 PM
Reply #4

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
On the bench.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

December 24, 2009, 09:09:49 PM
Reply #5

Purple Aki

Centre mid.

December 24, 2009, 09:36:21 PM
Reply #6

IUToffee

Honestly, the Osman bashing is getting quite tedious.  I hate ragging on our own players, but Yak, Rodwell, and Cahill have all had plenty of discouraging periods of play this year but (besides a few threads) they are hardly slated to the extent Osman is.  Having said that, Osman probably hasn't been as poor as them either in these periods of inconsistency.  It's like mob appeal in having a go at Leon.  Get a grip.

December 24, 2009, 09:47:16 PM
Reply #7

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Honestly, the Osman bashing is getting quite tedious.  I hate ragging on our own players, but Yak, Rodwell, and Cahill have all had plenty of discouraging periods of play this year but (besides a few threads) they are hardly slated to the extent Osman is.  Having said that, Osman probably hasn't been as poor as them either in these periods of inconsistency.  It's like mob appeal in having a go at Leon.  Get a grip.

Not bashing him at all, simply saying he doesn't fit into our best 11. Sorry for having an opinion.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 24, 2009, 10:09:27 PM
Reply #8

huck

Cm unfortunately we haven't the desired strength or confidence at the moment to give him that role and when we have in the past Arteta has been fit.
Le Berry

December 24, 2009, 10:27:10 PM
Reply #9

Sharky

He's never been a right mid. His postion has always been center mid and when needs have came hes played out wide.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

December 24, 2009, 10:41:07 PM
Reply #10

Flusky

You're the one who needs to get a grip. I have my blue specs on 24/7 but I've never ever seen anything other than mediocrity in Osman. He can't turn, his passing is sloppy, he is too quick to shoot rather than assist and he is too weak on the ball.

December 24, 2009, 11:21:27 PM
Reply #11

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
The thing is though, everyone knows what Ossie's limitations are.  There is a tendency for people to just have digs at him that have no real substance other than slating him for the sake of it.  It's the same as with Hibbert.

Not saying that's happened to a large extent here, but I can understand why people get wound up at seeing the same old tired criticisms for no real reason.

December 25, 2009, 01:14:02 AM
Reply #12

IUToffee

Not that Osman should always be in the starting XI, but people who think Osman offers nothing to the team are obtuse.  He has his limitations like all players on the squad but definitely does have something to offer.

December 25, 2009, 04:16:23 AM
Reply #13

sukulpat

Central Midfielder post only suit him. 

December 26, 2009, 03:19:27 PM
Reply #14

.Rimbo.

Right back...behind the goal.