November 19, 2017, 08:24:32 PM

Author Topic: Yakubu  (Read 2379 times)

April 18, 2010, 02:31:49 AM
Read 2379 times

.Rimbo.

Come on lads! Credit where the fuck it's due! I cannot believe there isn't already a thread on this.

His goal aside, his work for Cahill's was absolutely sublime. What a first touch that was.

Feed the Yak...  :hail:

deCoubertin

April 18, 2010, 02:33:47 AM
Reply #1

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he was excellent, and I don't think he got enough credit for his goal either.  The way he attacked that header and made it his ball was superb, especially having just come on like that.

The touch to beat the defender on Cahill's goal was something that you can't teach either, great quick thinking.

April 18, 2010, 02:35:51 AM
Reply #2

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, lazy, crap, uesless.

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 18, 2010, 02:39:37 AM
Reply #3

Echoance

... his work for Cahill's was absolutely sublime. What a first touch that was.

Feed the Yak...  :hail:

Shouldn't that be "Yak the feed"?

April 18, 2010, 02:46:39 AM
Reply #4

AidyEFC9

Took his goal well and great piece of skill to lose his man and lay it on a plate for Cahill. I hope we see those types of things on a more consistant basis next season!.

April 18, 2010, 02:48:23 AM
Reply #5

efctaxi

If we can have a thread on him every time he is shite, then we can have one when he's good. Fair?

Today he headed a ball in from 2 feet, and turned beautifully to assist Cahill. It's good to see him finding success, and best of luck to the guy. Anichebe impressed me more.

April 18, 2010, 02:51:11 AM
Reply #6

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If we can have a thread on him every time he is shite, then we can have one when he's good. Fair?

Today he headed a ball in from 2 feet, and turned beautifully to assist Cahill. It's good to see him finding success, and best of luck to the guy. Anichebe impressed me more.

They both made a great impact.  I would start them both next game. 

April 18, 2010, 02:55:49 AM
Reply #7

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

Like I said a few posts up, I don't think he got enough credit for that header.  It wasn't just a simple task of heading a ball in from close range - the way he got to the ball first was excellent and is the type of hunger that I want to see from the Yak every game.

April 18, 2010, 02:59:12 AM
Reply #8

efctaxi

Like I said a few posts up, I don't think he got enough credit for that header.  It wasn't just a simple task of heading a ball in from close range - the way he got to the ball first was excellent and is the type of hunger that I want to see from the Yak every game.

Indeed.

April 18, 2010, 03:25:51 AM
Reply #9

Endless, Nameless

I think he was the MotM, despite only being on the pitch for 15 minutes.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 18, 2010, 03:33:35 AM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Looked like the player he was before he got injured.

Thats the best compliment I can give him :)

April 18, 2010, 03:39:21 AM
Reply #11

blueblood1988

Imagine a Yak after pre season!

April 18, 2010, 03:40:03 AM
Reply #12

Endless, Nameless

Imagine a Yak after pre season!

Fatter?

Lol.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 18, 2010, 05:44:13 AM
Reply #13

ilikebrunettes

did well today, fsir play.

Standard he needs to keep
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 18, 2010, 05:52:53 AM
Reply #14

DannyR

Yak Did well today.

Looks like he is getting back from his injury
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.