November 22, 2017, 08:29:26 PM

Author Topic: Mikel Explains Incident  (Read 2004 times)

April 19, 2010, 05:00:15 AM
Read 2004 times

.Rimbo.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2557/news/2010/04/18/1884522/evertons-mikel-arteta-explains-morten-gamst-pedersen-eye?

Mikel Arteta has revealed the reason for his furious finger-pointing tirade that culminated in him poking Morten Gamst Pedersen in the eye during Everton's 3-2 victory over Blackburn on Saturday.

The midfielder was extremely lucky to escape with a booking after he repeatedly prodded Pedersen in the cheek before his frustration boiled over and he clearly placed his finger in the Norwegian's eye, right in front of referee Andre Marriner.

However, the Spaniard will suffer no further consequences, as Marriner clearly saw and dealt with the incident on the pitch.

Speaking later, Arteta admitted he should not have committed such a dangerous and detestable act, but said a history of violent tackles by his adversary has caused him to see red.

"I probably shouldn’t have reacted like I did but there have been a few times - not just here - when he’s made bad tackles," he told the Telegraph after the match.

"I don’t mind it when they’re fair or tough, I accept it with no problem.

"But with him it’s different and he knows that — I told him afterwards.

"But I made a mistake, I shouldn’t have reacted and I apologise for it.

"I got more upset because I was out for so long and don’t want a stupid challenge like that injuring me again."

The midfielder had not been expected to feature in the match at all after tearing his groin on 24 March, but said Everton's situation and his own determination had brought forward his return.

"They told me it would be four to six weeks, but I worked hard and in the end came back after three," he said.

"It was a risk but we had to take it because if we hadn’t won, that was it for us in Europe."

Everton currently lie in eighth place, four points off the sixth spot that would guarantee Europa League football next season.

deCoubertin

April 19, 2010, 05:03:55 AM
Reply #1

blueblood1988

pedersen you fcuking cnut

Bitter cos he can never repeat his 2006 season when he was tidy to say the least, rubbish playe now in a rubbish side. do that to johnny and you'll see him in your nightmares mortan gamst.

April 19, 2010, 05:06:12 AM
Reply #2

.Rimbo.

Bitter cos he can never repeat his 2006 season when he was tidy to say the least, rubbish playe now in a rubbish side. do that to johnny and you'll see him in your nightmares mortan gamst.

lolol

April 19, 2010, 05:08:07 AM
Reply #3

Verm

NSNO Subscriber

Mate, do that to our John and he won't be having any more nightmares..
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 19, 2010, 05:44:07 AM
Reply #4

Bluenose 91

Heitinga would have gouged the eye out and ate it.

April 19, 2010, 07:31:53 AM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And pissed in the empty eye hole!
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 19, 2010, 07:36:55 AM
Reply #6

.Rimbo.

And put his dick in his empty eye socket, quite literally fucking his brains out.

April 19, 2010, 07:53:12 AM
Reply #7

Mahoney

I think it was pretty fucking obvious from his reaction during the game as to why he did what he did. Pedersen had a horrible little smirk on his face too and like Arteta I consider myself a mild mannered person, but if someone did that kind of shit to me on the footy field, then they would feel the wrath too.

And yes, I'm trying to defend him. Can you imagine what we/he would be like if that tackle had put him on crutches.

As for a Red Card - Yep, he should have got that too (Arteta that is) and possible Pedersen.
It's getting pretty serious.

April 19, 2010, 08:15:56 AM
Reply #8

efctaxi

No excuse for it. Arteta should have seen red and then some. When the refs can't punish Arteta for that, then how can we trust them to punish other players either?

April 19, 2010, 08:17:40 AM
Reply #9

blueblood1988

And put his dick in his empty eye socket, quite literally fucking his brains out.

rofl

April 19, 2010, 08:27:43 AM
Reply #10

Flusky

Nah. Fair play to Pedersen for laughing it off and pretty much taking it as "Cheeky bastard just poked me!" rather than rolling on the floor like a twat. I wouldn't have given red for it, its not as if he punched him or anything.

April 19, 2010, 01:53:34 PM
Reply #11

HungryHungryHibbo

why couldn't the club have told US it was going to be 4 to 6 weeks???
coyb

April 19, 2010, 04:16:19 PM
Reply #12

Murf666

Batter him Mikky!
There's nobody better than Murf667, she's the best little Evertonian I know!
As for you, Murf 668, your Everton shirt can hardly wait.

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.  Checkmate!

April 19, 2010, 04:31:14 PM
Reply #13

BlueSte

Pedderson you baaaaarstard I'll rip out you eyes and replace them with hot toffe apples
The Black Watch