November 20, 2017, 11:38:38 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 40132 times)

October 22, 2012, 06:34:49 PM
Reply #30

Derek

Baines desperately needs support on that left side. We need him in the game as an attacking threat, and if we don't put someone decent in front of him, we'll be seriously weakening one of our key assets.

Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

October 22, 2012, 06:36:46 PM
Reply #31

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Baines desperately needs support on that left side. We need him in the game as an attacking threat, and if we don't put someone decent in front of him, we'll be seriously weakening one of our key assets.

osman?

Simply simply lovely

October 22, 2012, 06:46:16 PM
Reply #32

Derek

Not sure that'd cut the mustard. I do like Osman, but he can't hold up a midfield, he can really only add some finesse to it. If you can't maintain a strong and dynamic midfield line then finesse gets you nowhere.
Clarion Call.

October 22, 2012, 06:48:58 PM
Reply #33

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure that'd cut the mustard. I do like Osman, but he can't hold up a midfield, he can really only add some finesse to it. If you can't maintain a strong and dynamic midfield line then finesse gets you nowhere.

I agree but am trying to think like Moyes

Simply simply lovely

October 22, 2012, 06:51:35 PM
Reply #34

Derek

Given our injures, I wouldn't be surprised by defensive tactics. It'd make me cry, though. Defending, at home, against those lot. Again. It's just the wrong mentality. It needs to be broken. They are nothing special. In fact, it's worth pointing out that they're quite crap. They can't hold anything over anyone any longer, except a bit of history, and people swiftly forget about that if you don't keep winning.
Clarion Call.

October 22, 2012, 06:51:54 PM
Reply #35

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
osman?

Actually at the end of the season before last when he was in great form, osman was often starting on that left side
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 22, 2012, 07:33:35 PM
Reply #36

Toddacelli

Is Hibbert injured? I like coleman, but I think we need a classic Hibbert challenge to set the tone in this game.

I know what you mean, but I hope Coleman doesn't try a Hibbert challenge in this game - prime candidate for a sending off in derby matches in my opinion.

He needs to learn to play with passion without losing his head. Until he does, I'll always worry about him in games like this.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 22, 2012, 07:42:55 PM
Reply #37

Major Clanger

The Pienaar one is worse that losing Gibson and Felliani imo. Still think were gonna win mind, and Im not subscribing to the "its the shite they always beat us no matter what" attitude. People like that should just fuck off home and not go the match.

It will be a tough game though and they'll perform a lot better than they've done in the season. After all, it's the biggest game of their season. :)
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

October 22, 2012, 07:46:04 PM
Reply #38

Big Doug

if gibbo and felli are both fit then I think we will beat them if not or if just gibbo is fit I cant see anything more than a point at best we need to put pressure on their defense which without felli and pienaar will be tough to do as their midfield is strong whilst ours at the moment is getting passed through oh no

October 22, 2012, 08:19:06 PM
Reply #39

Fellainis Hairdresser

can see a defeat here 0-2 or 1-2
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

October 22, 2012, 08:28:01 PM
Reply #40

Gash

Global Moderator
Hibbert and Hitzlsperger both played 90 minutes for U21's this morning.

I think that's two or three 90 minutes Hitzlsperger has played now, so could be knocking on the door of a debut?

October 22, 2012, 08:34:27 PM
Reply #41

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
If Neither Gibson nor Fellaini is fit then we are fucked as their midfield will tear Neville and Osman apart.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

October 22, 2012, 09:57:46 PM
Reply #42

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Hibbert and Hitzlsperger both played 90 minutes for U21's this morning.

I think that's two or three 90 minutes Hitzlsperger has played now, so could be knocking on the door of a debut?

Certainly wouldn't be surprised to see Hibbert in at all. Who knows on Hitzlsperger or how he is/is not impressing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hibbert back in, Coleman pushed up into his RW/extra RB mode Osman wide left for Pienaar and Mirallas behind Jelavic (assuming all injured players won't be available). With the dynamic partnership of Heitinga and Neville in the middle.

IF Hitzlsperger is impressing then perhaps you might see him instead of Heitinga next to Neville, but I'd doubt it.

October 22, 2012, 10:06:24 PM
Reply #43

ALEX1878

Andre Marriner has been named as the ref.

October 22, 2012, 10:07:12 PM
Reply #44

Shogun

Administrator
Andre Marriner has been named as the ref.
oh for fuck sake.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth