November 18, 2017, 04:29:01 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Liverpool  (Read 39999 times)

October 23, 2012, 02:56:54 AM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i honestly feel sick thinking about it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 23, 2012, 03:00:57 AM
Reply #61

matty1878

I hate these and Liverpool always twat us no matter how shit they are or playing I think 0-2 Liverpool
row u seat 167 park end

October 23, 2012, 04:31:47 AM
Reply #62

Les Trebilcock

I've seen an omen (on twitter)...

34 years ago (1978) ... QPR 1 Everton 1...next match...Everton 1 L/pool 0 (scorer Andy King) 28/10/78

This Sunday...28/10/12

http://www.evertonresults.com/197879.htm

COYB
You can take that to the bank.

October 23, 2012, 04:32:28 AM
Reply #63

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
  I've seen an omen (on twitter)...

34 years ago (1978) ... QPR 1 Everton 1...next match...Everton 1 L/pool 0 (scorer Andy King) 28/10/78

This Sunday...28/10/12

COYB

I can't see Andy scoring again
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 23, 2012, 06:19:57 AM
Reply #64

Ramjam

That was a screemer from Andy that day.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 23, 2012, 06:30:16 AM
Reply #65

nomorechang

RIP
Wasn't that the game where a bizzy tried to stop Andy K going back on the pitch ? There was a ' Keep off the grass 'sign on the side of the pitch
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

October 23, 2012, 06:33:25 AM
Reply #66

Les Trebilcock

That was a screemer from Andy that day.

It was, fella'. I remember that season well - first loss (in league) was end of December and if I remember correctly we finished 4th !!! All in all, a really great season.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:38:27 AM by Les Trebilcock »
You can take that to the bank.

October 23, 2012, 07:08:52 AM
Reply #67

SpankRock

Say we get Fellaini back but not Gibbo:

------------Jelavic----------------------
----------------------Naismith-----------
----Osman------------------------Mirallas
-------------Fellaini--------------------
Baines-----------------Neville-----------
------------Distin----Jagielka---Hibbert-

------------------Howard-----------------

Osman probably best placed to bring out the best in Baines

I think Naismith is on the brink of shining and needs to be played as a forward latching onto through balls and even contending headers off Baines' crosses. Jelavic has shown enough movement to drop off and let Naismith run into the spaces.

A scary 1-1 with a Naismith toe poke and a pen scored by Gerrard after a Suarez dive in the box

October 23, 2012, 07:34:44 AM
Reply #68

Mahoney

Whoa.... way too much pessimism or cockiness going on here ladies. Lets stay positive and look at what we've already achieved this season. It goes without saying we need to attack them, so the defensive midfield options are (in effect) here nor there. It will pick itself when Moyes knows the status of Gibson and Fellaini. Hitzlesperger has been playing in the under 21's for a reason and I think he could be in line should the former two prove to be unfit.   

Anyway, unless Shorty gives us a heads up, we probably won't know the team until Sunday lunchtime and it's probably best to focus will be on the RS's team after a tricky tie with Anzhi. Like Goodison for us Evertonians, Anfield is a proud place for their supporters and there is no way BR will want to lose, especially a couple of days before his first derby. Therefore I see them fielding a semi-strong team. Probably more from the bench and lets just hope Anzhi turn up and give them a going over.

FYI - To prove Anzhi are good value for competing in this match they are unbeaten in ALL competitions since the middle of August. This includes beating teams like Spartak Moscow, Dynamo Moscow (Away), Young Boys and AZ Alkmaar (home and away). A bit off topic.. but I think it works in our favour that they have a tough Europa League tie 3 days before facing us.

COYB
It's getting pretty serious.

October 23, 2012, 02:34:23 PM
Reply #69

ZVictorOne

Andre Marriner gets the Derby, at least it's not Atkinson
ZVictorOne

October 23, 2012, 02:40:19 PM
Reply #70

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Im sure Ive hated Marriner a few times though!

The FA should say to any derby refs 'no red cards in the first half' to at least give the game a chance! no doubt Liverpool will be in talks with him already about how they can sway him to give decisions their way
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 23, 2012, 02:45:50 PM
Reply #71

Ross

Not the best ref out there but not the worst either.

It would be interesting to know whether he's been one of the refs this year to book a player for diving.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 23, 2012, 02:47:40 PM
Reply #72

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Not the best ref out there but not the worst either.

It would be interesting to know whether he's been one of the refs this year to book a player for diving.

guaranteed that in Brendan Rodgers press conference he will mention something about Suarez reputation going before him
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 23, 2012, 02:56:29 PM
Reply #73

Ross

guaranteed that in Brendan Rodgers press conference he will mention something about Suarez reputation going before him

I would expect nothing less, but I hope Moyes is smart enough to point out last years derby and make the point that he's got a reputation for a reason.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

October 23, 2012, 06:53:43 PM
Reply #74

BigWoodenSpoon

They've got a tough game coming up Thursday don't forget, let's see what comes out of that first- injuries, tired players....

Very true, but at home.  I don't think Rogers will risk any players he's got in mind for Sunday though.  in fact i think I seen the teamsheet mentioned on Twitter (by someone who usually gets it right) and i didn't see any big names in there, certainly not those who you would expect to see playing on Sunday.