November 19, 2017, 06:25:45 PM

Author Topic: Fulham v Everton 2-2  (Read 25807 times)

October 29, 2012, 10:45:11 PM
Read 25807 times

Shogun

Administrator

Fulham v Everton
Craven Cottage (Capacity: 27, 500)
Saturday 3rd November
15:00 Uk time

Everton's last five games:

Leeds United 2-1 Everton League Cup (Distin)
Everton 3-1 Southampton (Osman, Jelavic x2)
Wigan 2-2 Everton (Jelavic, Baines Pen)
QPR 1-1 Everton (Cesar OG)
Everton 2-2 Liverpool (Osman, Naismith)
Position: 5th - 16 points

Fulham's last five games:

Wigan 1-2 Fulham (Rodellega, Duff)
Fulham 1-2 Manchester City (Petric Pen)
Southampton 2-2 Fulham (Hooiveld OG, Richardson)
Fulham 1-0 Aston Villa (Baird)
Reading 3-3 Fulham (Ruiz, Baird, Berbatov)
Position: 7th - 14 points

Preview

By the time this game comes around it will be exactly five weeks from when the blues last tasted victory. On Saturday, we travel to Craven Cottage to face Fulham, who are not a side to be dismissed in what could be a high scoring entertaining affair in West London given both teams early promise to the season. This will mark the 57th meeting between the two sides since the football league began.

Fulham

Fulham are one of the select sides who have had a positive start to the season picking up 14 points and currently sitting in 7th place in the league table with only Manchester United and Chelsea having scored more goals.

A top eight finish is definitely not out of the question for Fulham this season who have added quality to their ranks with the signing of Dimitar Berbatov which has contributed to the attacking style that Fulham have developed starting this season. Not only Berbatov, but others such as Petric and Duff have also contributed 3 goals each. So far the creative spark has come from Ruiz who has 4 assist and a goal in just six games so far this season.

Fulham's problems lie in the defence which has saw them concede 15 goals which puts them 14th in the league of most goals conceded. Another problem related to this is the timing of conceded goals as they have conceded 5 goals in their last five games after the 85th minute which in total has cost them 6 points against Manchester City, Southampton and Reading, a fixture where they lost the lead twice late on to draw 3-3.

Everton

The last outing saw a 2-2 draw against loving neighbours Liverpool which has left mixed feelings on the blue half of Merseyside. This being arguably our best team since 1985 and Liverpool's worst for a long time means perhaps more was expected. Not helped by incompetent refereeing which saw both sides hard done at the weekend. Though the derby did have some positives, Naismith opened his account for Everton and Kevin Mirallas showed just how good a player we have on our hands, though the best thing to come out of this is the memory I will always have of Steven Gerrard celebrating what he thought was the winner following Luis Suarez's wrongly disallowed goal. Everton were the better team and controlled most of the match with 56% possession and making more passes than a side who have been praised for their passing. One concern though is the mere 55% tackle success rate that Everton came away with.

The point at the weekend meant that Everton have acquired the same amount of points at home and away (8/12 in home games and 8/15 in away games) which is no mean feat considering if we kept that rate up we would finish the season approximately 70 points which would surely be enough for fourth place. Everton no doubt face harder fixtures from now though with Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and City all to play twice and a trip to Old Trafford still to come.

A few positives for Everton though will be that Gibson and Hibbert should be back available for selection as will Pienaar who sees the end of his one match suspension.

As mentioned before this will be the 57th match between the sides when Everton travel to Craven Cottage on Saturday.

Injury concerns
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
Everton

Kevin Mirallas - Knock - Unknown
Darron Gibson - Thigh muscle strain - 3rd November

Fulham

Chris Baird - Ankle/Foot injury - Unknown
Dimitar Berbatov - Rib injury - Unknown
Simon Davies - Hip/Thigh injury - January 13

Coyb!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:58:27 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 30, 2012, 05:18:18 AM
Reply #1

American Evertonian

Not sure what to make of this match. Always like our chances against Fulham, but we seem to have issues thus far with conceding early goals. If we can avoid that this game I like our odds to win.

Here's hoping Gibbo will be back for this match. Our defense hasn't looked the same since he went out.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 30, 2012, 12:48:57 PM
Reply #2

Bluedoc

Would go with
                 Howard
 Coleman  Jag     Distin    Baines
              Fellaini. Osman
Mirallas.      Naismith.      Pienaar
                Jelavic

Our top 3 are all now so interchangeable we are Barcelona-esque!!!!

October 30, 2012, 02:48:28 PM
Reply #3

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Would go with
                 Howard
 Coleman  Jag     Distin    Baines
              Fellaini. Osman
Mirallas.      Naismith.      Pienaar
                Jelavic

Our top 3 are all now so interchangeable we are Barcelona-esque!!!!

I like that lineup but expect to see Naismith back on the bench sadly and Neville/Osman retained.  He will only play if Mirallas is out imo. 

October 30, 2012, 03:00:31 PM
Reply #4

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
                    Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Gibson Fellaini

Mirallas  Osman Pienaar

Jelavic

Thats assuming Mirallas and Gibson are ok and that Moyes shares my philosophy!Mirallas, Osman and Pienaar all have freedom to swap with eachother.  Take Felli a bit out of the spotlight and reunite him with our lucky charm in the engine room
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 30, 2012, 03:35:58 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
                    Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Gibson Fellaini

Mirallas  Osman Pienaar

Jelavic

Thats assuming Mirallas and Gibson are ok and that Moyes shares my philosophy!Mirallas, Osman and Pienaar all have freedom to swap with eachother.  Take Felli a bit out of the spotlight and reunite him with our lucky charm in the engine room

Can't see him starting Gibson especially with Fellaini just coming back, big risk to play two returning players. 

October 30, 2012, 04:51:57 PM
Reply #6

Toddacelli

Can't see him starting Gibson especially with Fellaini just coming back, big risk to play two returning players. 

I'd risk it myself. I don't think Fulham are too imposing physically and I think we could get away with sending Gibson out and telling him to wave at the bench if he starts to feel uncomfortable. Am not expecting to need to use all our subs on this one and fit is fit, but match-fit is better. You only get that sharp by playing in competitive games.

At the very least, I hope he comes on for the last 30 if we are in front.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 30, 2012, 08:46:02 PM
Reply #7

stirlingblue

If you highlight over this title on the forum it ends with  Craven Cottage (Capacity:2

That made me giggle.

October 30, 2012, 09:53:00 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Probably the best Fulham team we've ever faced in the Prem, will be a tough match, but one we should win regardless

October 30, 2012, 10:20:19 PM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

Probably the best Fulham team we've ever faced in the Prem, will be a tough match, but one we should win regardless

Correct on both counts!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 30, 2012, 10:38:38 PM
Reply #10

nomorechang

RIP
One thing in our favour is Felli will be much fitter for this game, he only had a weeks training before the derby after his injury and it shown, We'll also have Pienaar back and Mirallas is hopefully fit as well. We really should beat Fulham, I know they are decent this season but we are much better also. Injuries permitting I also think we can improve on what we've seen so far.
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

October 30, 2012, 10:47:46 PM
Reply #11

DannyR

Hopefully we have gibson and mirallas back giving us some what of a different approach to how we finished the 2nd half of the derby, I can see myself

----------------Howard--------------
Coleman Jags Distin Baines
Mirallas Gibson Neville Pienaar
---------------Fellaini------------------
---------------Jelavic-----------------
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

October 31, 2012, 03:52:01 AM
Reply #12

Cozzie

Usually do crap down at their place.

If mirallas isnt fit it will be a shame but atleast Pienaar is back and can slot straight back in.

Biggest concern is Gibbo and when he will return, we look so much more solid when he plays and allows the likes of Ossie and Fellaini to play forward more with a bit more confidence.

I'm gonna go for a scrappy 1-1.

October 31, 2012, 03:45:21 PM
Reply #13

Derek

Haven't we won there a fair bit in recent seasons?

Won't be easy, but should be a good, honest, entertaining game.
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

October 31, 2012, 06:48:43 PM
Reply #14

plumber

Haven't we won there a fair bit in recent seasons?

Won't be easy, but should be a good, honest, entertaining game.

We always win home games against them and lose away, except last season.