November 20, 2017, 02:01:50 PM

Author Topic: "lets see where we are after 10 games"  (Read 3559 times)

November 04, 2012, 04:53:54 PM
Reply #15

Snipellis11

I think it's been a good start because we are in 4th, if someone had said we would be in 4th after 10 games we would all be chuffed, the thing is we could have had a lot more points and could even be in the top 2 at this point, dropped points against newcastle, fulham ect. We are playing great football and i feel we deserve to be on more points than we are on at the moment, the only worry for me at the moment is our defending we look shaky at the back and we keep letting early goals in and making it hard for ourselves, but yeah i think it's been a great start but because we have played so well i think we deserve to have more.

deCoubertin

November 04, 2012, 05:25:56 PM
Reply #16

Sharky

If we had won yesterday we would have only been 5 points off 1st place.

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.

November 04, 2012, 07:57:55 PM
Reply #17

cantoffee

It's a good start but I still doubt our ability to get 4th due to a lack of depth.

Yesterday we were missing Gibson and Anichebe, and our bench had almost no one on it that I would want to bring on to help us win the game.

Maybe Hitlzsperger will be a good squad player but in January we need another striker.

November 04, 2012, 08:41:06 PM
Reply #18

AidyEFC9

It's a good start but I still doubt our ability to get 4th due to a lack of depth.

Yesterday we were missing Gibson AND ANICHEBE, and our bench had almost no one on it that I would want to bring on to help us win the game.

Maybe Hitlzsperger will be a good squad player but in January we need another striker.

New one on me that. I really don't think he'd of made much of a difference yesterday tbh?!!. I see he's got injured and stretchered off for the U-21's today aswell so god knows whats up with him now?.

We have started well but IMO it could and should of been better. Yesterday after taking the lead we should never of lost it with the way we was playing second half. And other games such as Newcastle at home and Wigan away where we didn't get the rub of the green, should of been games we took more points from!.

But all in all, a good start. No doubt we'll end up in 5th come next week cos no doubt WBA will beat Southampton at home on Monday is it?. But still, 5th after 10 games and playing well!.

November 04, 2012, 09:08:51 PM
Reply #19

howlin wolf

You have to think the top 3 now will be the top 3 at the end of the season.

4th doesn't flatter us. OK, we haven't played some of the top sides yet, but we have played 6 away games, and yesterday's not the first time we've been unlucky not to get 3 points.

This is the most exciting Everton team we've seen since the Premier League began. We've got two of the best attacking full backs in the league, we've got players like Pienaar and Miralles who can create chances out of nothing. We've been creating more chances than any team in Europe, and you just know the goals are going to come. If we hadn't fallen behind early on in our last five Premiership games we could easily have won all five - as it is we didn't lose any of them.

Obviously our squad's a bit thin, but I've a feeling there's a lot to come from Naismith and Oviedo, and then there's Barkley too ... And we'll probably pick up a player or two in January : maybe Ofoe, maybe a striker.

Anything less than top 6 will be a disappointment. Bring on Arsenal and Spurs !

November 04, 2012, 10:46:17 PM
Reply #20

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
With Gibson back and when Jelavic finds a bit of form we'll look a different team.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

November 04, 2012, 11:26:12 PM
Reply #21

Haile GAZrselassie

Im not as sure as some of you lot that Jelavic will find the form we need to be serious challengers for fourth.

For 4th place you really need a 20 goal a season man and Jelavic falls short of that for me.
Stealth ya flaming galargh!!!

November 04, 2012, 11:50:31 PM
Reply #22

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Im not as sure as some of you lot that Jelavic will find the form we need to be serious challengers for fourth.

For 4th place you really need a 20 goal a season man and Jelavic falls short of that for me.

Hard to say, his form from last season indicates he should be able to reach twenty

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

November 04, 2012, 11:50:41 PM
Reply #23

cantoffee

I have my doubts as well, but I do think he could get 20 a year.

Despite him being here for a little while now, we are yet to really see how he performs over an extended period of time.

November 05, 2012, 12:14:58 AM
Reply #24

isleofman

we have played only 4 home games in our first 10 games and now have 3 out of the next 4 at home. Lets be fair and say that with just a little bit of rub of the green we could have an extra 4 points. If you won all your home games and drew all your away games you would finish with 76 points and based on past seasons you would finish 3rd.
If you say we have played 4 home games and 6 away using the above criteria we should have 18 points to be on target and we have 17 points.
The next 3 games need to be won and we are very capable of doing so!
Best football we have played for years and nice to see!

November 05, 2012, 12:42:42 AM
Reply #25

Cash

If we had won yesterday we would have only been 5 points off 1st place.

If we are going off that then by the end of the year we'd be 28 points of top spot.
Asshat List:
Mmmbluetosser
Sir Stealth
Major Clanger
 Wool List:  Wiltshire Blue

November 05, 2012, 12:52:17 AM
Reply #26

The Analog Kid

Said all along since the start of the season and i'll say it again- tell me one team that is playing out their skins and winning game after game that we should be afraid of... Not one. Our problem is, as you all know, we concede too easy and we certainly don't take advantage of all the posession and attempts we have.

We'll get even better.

Life's good.

November 05, 2012, 02:23:26 AM
Reply #27

Kanchelskis_17

We're one point better off, than last season, from the ten fixtures that we've played so far but we're also 11/12 places higher in the league, so without even delving into how we're playing we're doing better already.

It is disappointing that we haven't got a few more points based on how we have played though, but we'll put a team to the sword in the next few matches and hopefully it'll give us a bit more confidence, like the United match, to kick start another run of wins.

After 10 games last season we were about 13th with 10 points, we didn't reach 17 points until mid December when we drew with Norwich at home

November 05, 2012, 02:52:37 AM
Reply #28

Thom

Administrator
After 10 games last season we were about 13th with 10 points, we didn't reach 17 points until mid December when we drew with Norwich at home

From the corresponding fixtures that we've played this season we are i.e. United, Newcastle, Liverpool and Southampton (albeit they were in the Championship) at home, and Swansea, Villa, QPR, Wigan, Fulham and West Brom away.

November 05, 2012, 05:22:20 AM
Reply #29

Sharky

If you divide points by games and then times 38. We only come out on 65ish which we had when we finished 5th a few years ago whereas united are on 90ish.

We just need to turn these draws into wins. The thing is a few games ago chelsea looked like they would be out of sight but now they arnt too far away. Anything is possible, as long as you win and keep winning. Which is easier said than done

Three Lions on a shirt, Jules Rimet still gleaming.