November 19, 2017, 10:08:48 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Sunderland 2-1  (Read 30323 times)

November 04, 2012, 08:49:42 PM
Reply #15

Thom

Administrator
I think it's dangerous for people to presume we will batter them. All's it will take is for them to get an early goal against us, as per the last five matches, and it'll be another slog to turn the match around. Theoretically we should beat them, but we should have beaten Newcastle, QPR and Fulham.

That said, I am expecting us to win, even though I don't think it'll be by the ridiculous scorelines that people are already predicting.

November 05, 2012, 12:30:49 AM
Reply #16

Derek

Reckon we will win comfortably. Will save hopes of another 7-1 until we're 4-0 up! :)
Clarion Call.

On Twitter: @derekveskotsku

November 05, 2012, 12:41:46 AM
Reply #17

Trowel

Reckon we will win comfortably. Will save hopes of another 7-1 until we're 4-0 up! :)
I was coming in here to predict 7-1. They are properly shite.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 05, 2012, 01:15:51 AM
Reply #18

Cozzie

I genuinely think this could be the arse whooping we have been due to dish out to a team for a while.

November 05, 2012, 06:23:51 AM
Reply #19

Shogun

Administrator
When do yellow cards get wiped so it's ten yellow cards for suspension?

Neville has 4 yellow cards going into this match.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 05, 2012, 06:26:31 AM
Reply #20

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
As does Felli.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

November 05, 2012, 06:32:15 AM
Reply #21

Shogun

Administrator
As does Felli.
I thought that but everywhere seems to say he has three when I look now.

EDIT: 3 in the league and one in the league cup. I assume league cup must count.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 05, 2012, 09:04:53 AM
Reply #22

Mahoney

I thought that but everywhere seems to say he has three when I look now.

EDIT: 3 in the league and one in the league cup. I assume league cup must count.

Pretty sure the so called 'amnesty' for yellows is the 31st December (or there abouts). Therefore according to the Guardian's website on PL stats we have Neville on 4, Fellaini on 3 and Pienaar on 3 all of which we have to assume will miss a match because of picking up 5 yellow cards before the new year.

As for Fellaini... I'm not 100% sure if his League cup yellow counts towards his totals, but from the 'Googling' that I've done, it looks as though it will.

Therefore Fellaini is on 4 in total.
It's getting pretty serious.

November 05, 2012, 04:32:38 PM
Reply #23

dlock78

We need to win this one big time. The only trouble with this is that we are expected to win. We all know what Everton are like when we are expected to do something!

Would love to see us batter them, but can't see it. They will come to defend, pack the midfield and hope to frustrate.

best thing that we can do is reverse the trend of the past few games. Actually score early for once!! Yes i know, it's radical thinking. but if we could just not concede inside the first 15 mins, maybe we can go on and have a comfortable 90mins for once.
Born not manufactured

November 05, 2012, 09:09:44 PM
Reply #24

MRB85

This has all the ingredients -- Everton on a long unbeaten home run, Sunderland 16 years without a win at GP, Sunderland unable to hit a barn door from 3 yards (or even get to within 3 yards it appears), everyone forecasting a big win for us............

The fact is that however bad Sunderland seem to be playing, Martin O'Neill will not be giving it up and he'll make sure they are very difficult to score against.  If we have genuinely turned a corner and are now genuinely a side to reckon with then we'll win it.  If we're the same old Everton, being taken on yet another roller coaster ride of unexpected wins and deflating defeats, then we won't.  This is a key game that could shape the rest of our season.

November 05, 2012, 09:19:21 PM
Reply #25

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Sunderland have conceded less than us this season!9 in 9. They have more of a problem scoring themselves than keeping them out. If we do beat them I will be surprised if its by more than 2 goals. Mignolet is a very good keeper. Still expect us to win though
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

November 05, 2012, 09:30:12 PM
Reply #26

cantoffee

I don`t think teams can be as successful parking the bus when they play us anymore.

With Fellaini`s ability to bring the ball down in the final third it means that we more options and ways to attack teams. We aren`t moving the ball from side-to-side waiting for an opening, we can get the ball upfield quickly and the way Pienaar and Mirallas are able to play off Fellaini means that we can pull their defence all over the place.

I don`t think we`ll be able to keep a clean sheet, we just don`t look like doing it at the moment. But does anyone look like stopping us from scoring? No way.

This should be a win, but in all truth it will probably be a bit tougher than most are expecting.

November 05, 2012, 10:21:59 PM
Reply #27

DannyR

Lee Mason is the ref
I like my coffee how I like my women, with 2 e's in them.

November 05, 2012, 10:22:50 PM
Reply #28

Fellainis Hairdresser

due to batter someone aren't we?

5-0

jela 2
mirallas
fellaini
jags
We're Forever Evertonnnnn!!

November 05, 2012, 10:56:12 PM
Reply #29

nomorechang

RIP
Lee Mason is the ref

Just seen that. He wasn't too bad in the Chelsea v Utd cup game last week but he's always been crap in our games.
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "