December 16, 2018, 10:10:53 PM

Author Topic: Bad season?  (Read 976 times)

April 25, 2010, 01:18:05 AM
Read 976 times

blueblood1988

http://mypompey.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.50/final-table.jpg

we can still match our points total from last season! 63! if we beat the might fulham, stoke and poorsmouth

08/09 was considered a fanatsic season. Considering how it begun we have done unbelievably well to be able to still get 63 points.

It's other teams improvement that has made this a season to forget. Next season is a case of catching them back and that will only happen with a solid league position of 4th, 5th or 6th  come halloween time. To do this we need to add a quality player or two even if these players dont go straight into the starting 11 it will give the arteta's, cahills and pienaars a psychological boost that we are capable of achieving great things after the inevitabe spending sprees going on at our rivals. Apparently City are going to spend 1/4 billion on new players, spurs 50 million and birmingham 50 million. Those figures don't bother me as long as Moyes has something to play with 10-15 million etc. I know were skinto but we'll see i think theres is something up the ginger wizards sleave.

2010 has been a good year for us so far, it could be great depending on july and beyond. If all goes well we will be positioned nicely to achieve something big in 2011 whether that be 4th place, a trophy or some much needed investment.

EFC 4 LIFE
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:06:05 AM by Blueblood 88 »

April 25, 2010, 01:59:29 AM
Reply #1

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
I like this

April 25, 2010, 02:02:03 AM
Reply #2

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I only think this is a failure of a season because we have stood still and watched other teams pass us.  Yes there are reasons for that but it is still a fuck up.  Still very optimistic for next season though.

April 25, 2010, 02:10:50 AM
Reply #3

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
If those teams do get that investment, then we will struggle to keep up. We failed to beat Brum this season, so add £50 million of player to that, I'm not too optimistic.

Yes, we have a great first eleven, but as we have seen, the quality throughout the squad is not there. We have adequate back up, the teams we will compete against have good back up.

Sure we can beat anyone on our day, but we need to do that for 50 games, not the odd one or two.

Basically, we are going to be mid table until we get investment or an owner that cares about ambition.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 25, 2010, 02:50:42 AM
Reply #4

blueblood1988

£50 million still won't make birmingham that great nor city necessarily, Robinho 30 mill?

The point i was trying to make was as long as moyes has "something to play with" we can keep up and be better than these plastic mercenaries.

Yeah sure in 4 or 5 years if we still havent found some decent backing we will fall away from the top half but...

Moyes just needs some adequate funds 10,12,15,20 millions and he will make better use of that than people like steve bruce, benitez, redknapp and co.

If Everton sign Landon Donovan and someone like Ever Banega on loan and keep Steven Pienaar then I say let City rip apart their squad sign another 8 mercenaries, cause unrest and start from scratch. Even with the superstars they will try and sign they still have the work cut out to beat this lot.......

Howard, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Neville, Fellaini, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Donovan, Saha

Distin, Coleman, Rodwell, Bilyaletinov, Osman, Banega, Yakubu

to conclude 20 million new players to an established improving stable rich in team spirit squad is like 1000 million to some instant buy the league whore club  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:53:03 AM by Blueblood 88 »

April 25, 2010, 06:08:49 AM
Reply #5

the doc

£50 million still won't make birmingham that great nor city necessarily, Robinho 30 mill?

The point i was trying to make was as long as moyes has "something to play with" we can keep up and be better than these plastic mercenaries.

Yeah sure in 4 or 5 years if we still havent found some decent backing we will fall away from the top half but...

Moyes just needs some adequate funds 10,12,15,20 millions and he will make better use of that than people like steve bruce, benitez, redknapp and co.

If Everton sign Landon Donovan and someone like Ever Banega on loan and keep Steven Pienaar then I say let City rip apart their squad sign another 8 mercenaries, cause unrest and start from scratch. Even with the superstars they will try and sign they still have the work cut out to beat this lot.......

Howard, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Neville, Fellaini, Arteta, Pienaar, Cahill, Donovan, Saha

Distin, Coleman, Rodwell, Bilyaletinov, Osman, Banega, Yakubu

to conclude 20 million new players to an established improving stable rich in team spirit squad is like 1000 million to some instant buy the league whore club  :thumbsup:

money doesn't make any team great! Real spent £200 mill in the summer and still did shit in the champs league, City are going the same way, buy buy buy, a team like fulham who now have a great chance of reaching the final of the europa league, are like us! It can be done if only moyes was given 1 year for his targets to strenghten a really good team!

April 25, 2010, 09:24:25 AM
Reply #6

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Money may not make a team great, but  it does have a massive impact. If City spend big in the summer again, expect them to improve on their top 4 finish this season.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 25, 2010, 10:02:36 AM
Reply #7

blueblood1988

i hear you blargs but give moysie a half, 1/4 if not a bloody 1/8th of city's budget and i believe we would improve more than they would strangely enough!  lolol

Goes back to a point i made a few weeks ago that Everton should be an attractive propersition for any investor type people looking to take a good side and make them great.

Youve got a backbone of Howard, Jagielka, Fellaini, Rodwell and Arteta to bulid around for the next 5-10 years,  

Imagine how good we could become if a randy lerner came into everton and said:

"Right Mr Moyes keep what youve got, and every season for the next X amount of years i'm gonna give you £15-20 million pounds to buy new players and in return i want champions league football"

Do you think Moyes could achieve this?

I do.   nod
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:04:55 AM by Blueblood 88 »