10 (22.7%)
Cup final
1 (2.3%)
Cup runs
1 (2.3%)
Both
12 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Priority Next Year  (Read 7569 times)

April 24, 2010, 03:51:48 PM
Reply #30

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
If Moyes doesn't win a trophy next season...

then close the door behind you davey

Would you say the same for Wenger this season?

deCoubertin

April 24, 2010, 03:58:19 PM
Reply #31

ilikebrunettes

Would you say the same for Wenger this season?

why? he hasn't gone 9 seasons without a trophy,delivered constant Champions league football, whilst spending less than Moyes
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 24, 2010, 04:01:04 PM
Reply #32

ilikebrunettes

What a stupid thing to say. A really stupid thing to say.

why is it?

On one hand you have people in another thread comparing our players to Barcelona, and some are good enough to play for the best club side in the world (apparently), and yet we are in 8th, and never look like winning trophies.

Come on then? Our players are actually only at the level we are at now? or our manager isn't good enough for our players?

which one??

April 24, 2010, 04:02:30 PM
Reply #33

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure if Moyes has spent more or less than Arsene, but there is the factor that Moyes would have to spend more than Arsene to get Everton back up from the shittiness they were when he took over.

A bit like City last summer, they had to spend big in order to catch up with the rest first.

Moyes isn't perfect, there would be others who would do the job, but I am now left wondering exactly who could bring us a trophy as the names mentioned so far aren't inspiring to be honest.

Is it worth upsetting the apple cart? Something does need to change with him, that's evident, but getting a new manager in might solve Moyes' inadequacies, but bring in new inadequacies of his own.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 24, 2010, 04:07:53 PM
Reply #34

Endless, Nameless

Arsene has had 5 trophyless years, and their ambitions are much greater. He won't be getting the sack, and they could attract much more than us when it comes to managers.

And trophies involve luck as well. Liverpool have won their only two under Rafa on pens.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 24, 2010, 04:12:54 PM
Reply #35

ilikebrunettes

Arsene has had 5 trophyless years, and their ambitions are much greater. He won't be getting the sack, and they could attract much more than us when it comes to managers.

And trophies involve luck as well. Liverpool have won their only two under Rafa on pens.

see i hate shit like this, trophies need luck etc.

Im sick of the new age Evertonians who blame other things constantly. its always "we dont have luck" "we have bad injuries" etc

how about we start admitting that we are not as good as people on here like to believe

April 24, 2010, 04:15:08 PM
Reply #36

Endless, Nameless

see i hate shit like this, trophies need luck etc.

Im sick of the new age Evertonians who blame other things constantly. its always "we dont have luck" "we have bad injuries" etc

how about we start admitting that we are not as good as people on here like to believe

Quiet down. I'm not saying that, but I'm saying that from our position, we'd need luck to play a big part in us winning a trophy. You can't base Moyes' job security on something so indefinite.

April 24, 2010, 04:42:41 PM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Have you ever heard the saying you make your own luck? Or the harder I work, the luckier I get?
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

April 24, 2010, 04:53:40 PM
Reply #38

Endless, Nameless

Have you ever heard the saying you make your own luck? Or the harder I work, the luckier I get?

Yes, I know that mate. But I think our team does work hard, or rather, has done so in the past few seasons. This season has been a write-off.

April 24, 2010, 05:04:51 PM
Reply #39

plumber

why? he hasn't gone 9 seasons without a trophy,delivered constant Champions league football, whilst spending less than Moyes

lolol What are you smoking?

April 24, 2010, 05:09:32 PM
Reply #40

ilikebrunettes

lolol What are you smoking?

care to check those facts??

"Liverpool's net spending over five years (2004 - 2009) on players is £82.5m and United's has been £85.5m. Meanwhile, Chelsea spent £154.8m net on players during that time and Arsenal just £3.4m"

So, Moyes has a net spend of £3m a season, Wengers it seems was £600,000 a season
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:13:40 PM by ilikebrunettes »

April 24, 2010, 05:23:16 PM
Reply #41

plumber

care to check those facts??

"Liverpool's net spending over five years (2004 - 2009) on players is 82.5m and United's has been 85.5m. Meanwhile, Chelsea spent 154.8m net on players during that time and Arsenal just 3.4m"

So, Moyes has a net spend of 3m a season, Wengers it seems was 600,000 a season

Moyes has a net spend of 2m a season, not 3. And you have to keep in mind starting positions of Moyes and Wenger 5 years ago. You don't need to spend much when you already have players like Henry and Bergkamp in your squad. And Arsenal spend much more on wages than Everton.

In last 7 years Moyes spent less on players than West Ham, Blackburn and Portsmouth. Suggesting he should be sacked is so stupid that I can't find words to describe it.

April 24, 2010, 05:29:39 PM
Reply #42

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Net spend is a very misleading statistic anyway.  At the end of the day the total money spent on players by a manager is relevant, irrespective of how much money they've bought in at the same time.

Spending £100m on players is spending £100m on players, whether you've recouped all of it or none of it.

April 24, 2010, 05:29:56 PM
Reply #43

Flusky

Top 4 = The financial clout to stay there.

April 24, 2010, 05:41:59 PM
Reply #44

rozzie22

personally. i think Wenger will go to a bigger club in the summer and a man of his ability deserves it.
being stuck at a club going nowhere is a disgrace for a man of his statue

just my opinion

will be interesting to see whose star man is sold in the summer...cesc or mikey.
i know who my money will be on

oh and as for the net spend debate, wenger spent a lot in his early days at arsenal, not just on the playing staff but also on the training scheme and scouting system.
the only time the money stopped being spent on players was after the emirates was built.