10 (22.7%)
Cup final
1 (2.3%)
Cup runs
1 (2.3%)
Both
12 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Priority Next Year  (Read 7587 times)

April 24, 2010, 06:39:49 PM
Reply #60

Flusky

Replace Chelsea with Bayern.

So, Wenger cant go to any then?

This. Bayern are massive. Arsenal are, and always will be bigger than Chelsea.

deCoubertin

April 24, 2010, 06:42:07 PM
Reply #61

Endless, Nameless

FFS.

I was talking on the field.

On the field.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.

April 24, 2010, 06:44:00 PM
Reply #62

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
FFS.

I was talking on the field.

On the field.

Maybe because you said bigger clubs people were confused by your phrasing

April 24, 2010, 07:07:47 PM
Reply #63

ilikebrunettes

well if we are talking on field then surely, barca, Inter Bayern and Utd are the biggest?
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 24, 2010, 07:49:59 PM
Reply #64

Endless, Nameless

Maybe because you said bigger clubs people were confused by your phrasing

I know, but then I clarified and people seemed to ignore me   :(

well if we are talking on field then surely, barca, Inter Bayern and Utd are the biggest?

I've not rated Inter or Bayern for years, and although they've impressed me in the past month I didn't want to be so quick to change.

Right now, this minute, then it would go like:

Barca
Inter
Bayern
Chelsea
United

But over the past couple of seasons I'd stick with what I said originally.

April 24, 2010, 08:05:57 PM
Reply #65

plumber

Is it Arsenal forum? That blue colour somehow doesn't fit here.

April 24, 2010, 10:51:06 PM
Reply #66

.Rimbo.

What a stupid thing to say. A really stupid thing to say.

It wasn't actually that ridiculous a thing to say. We've waited 15 barren years without a trophy and last year we got to a final. This year we went out of domestic competitions to Birmingham and Spurs and out of Europe to Lisbon. All three of them were winnable.

On our day, as we've proven this season, we can beat anyone. Our squad may not be big enough to compete in the league but you don't need a massive squad in a cup competition. You need to keep your star players fit and our first team is excellent, not many can deny that.

It's about time Moyes delivered with the squad he's done well to assemble; it's for that reason he deserves more time, because he's done excellently in assembling this squad.

April 24, 2010, 10:52:19 PM
Reply #67

.Rimbo.

Arsene has had 5 trophyless years, and their ambitions are much greater. He won't be getting the sack, and they could attract much more than us when it comes to managers.

And trophies involve luck as well. Liverpool have won their only two under Rafa on pens.

That's absolute bollocks I'm afraid mate. In the West Ham final, Reina is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, if not the best, when it comes to penalties and Dudek did well in the final. To put penalty wins down to just luck is bollocks.

April 24, 2010, 10:53:09 PM
Reply #68

.Rimbo.

Net spend is a very misleading statistic anyway.  At the end of the day the total money spent on players by a manager is relevant, irrespective of how much money they've bought in at the same time.

Spending 100m on players is spending 100m on players, whether you've recouped all of it or none of it.

It does show that the players you've bought haven't been complete flops though, if you've sold some on for big money. Or it shows you have an eye for a bargain, which both Moyes and Wenger have.

April 24, 2010, 10:54:14 PM
Reply #69

.Rimbo.

which bigger clubs?? how many is there out there? Arsenal could easily claim to be in the top 5 clubs in Europe

How can they if they've never won a European Cup?

April 24, 2010, 10:57:43 PM
Reply #70

Endless, Nameless

That's absolute bollocks I'm afraid mate. In the West Ham final, Reina is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, if not the best, when it comes to penalties and Dudek did well in the final. To put penalty wins down to just luck is bollocks.

You don't think there's an element of luck involved in penalties?

And at the end of the day, that AC Milan vs Liverpool final should never have gone to pens. Gerrard dived when it was 3-2, as you probably know. Now that's luck. Lucky for them, unlucky for Milan.

April 24, 2010, 11:13:15 PM
Reply #71

.Rimbo.

You don't think there's an element of luck involved in penalties?

And at the end of the day, that AC Milan vs Liverpool final should never have gone to pens. Gerrard dived when it was 3-2, as you probably know. Now that's luck. Lucky for them, unlucky for Milan.

He dives, the referee plays on or gives a free kick and books him for diving. Then, the ball is in a completely different area of the pitch and the game plays completely different, Milan's mindset is different as is Liverpool's. Point being if wishes were fishes, the world would be an ocean.

There is some element of luck, yes, (look at JT in the CL final two years ago, slipping). I wouldn't necessarily Liverpool were that lucky in them two finals though. Sheva's pen was ridiculously shit. And if you read what I put, I wrote "To put penalty wins down to just luck is bollocks."

April 24, 2010, 11:15:32 PM
Reply #72

Endless, Nameless

He dives, the referee plays on or gives a free kick and books him for diving. Then, the ball is in a completely different area of the pitch and the game plays completely different, Milan's mindset is different as is Liverpool's. Point being if wishes were fishes, the world would be an ocean.

There is some element of luck, yes, (look at JT in the CL final two years ago, slipping). I wouldn't necessarily Liverpool were that lucky in them two finals though. Sheva's pen was ridiculously shit. And if you read what I put, I wrote "To put penalty wins down to just luck is bollocks."

Good job I didn't then, eh?

April 24, 2010, 11:16:43 PM
Reply #73

.Rimbo.

Good job I didn't then, eh?

You said "Cup wins involve luck". Then you said "Rafa won both of his cups on pens". Suggesting that the penalties were the lucky part.

April 24, 2010, 11:19:41 PM
Reply #74

Endless, Nameless

You said "Cup wins involve luck". Then you said "Rafa won both of his cups on pens". Suggesting that the penalties were the lucky part.

And you said "To put penalty wins down to just luck is bollocks." I think you inferred that which I did not imply, or did not mean to.

There is an element of luck involved in pens, of course there is. But it's mainly to do with having a calm head; see Giggs today. 2 pens, both in the side of the net. No luck there.