10 (22.7%)
Cup final
1 (2.3%)
Cup runs
1 (2.3%)
Both
12 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Priority Next Year  (Read 9035 times)

April 24, 2010, 11:23:42 PM
Reply #75

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
If offered top 6 and a cup win I'd take it without a second thought.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 24, 2010, 11:26:39 PM
Reply #76

.Rimbo.

And you said "To put penalty wins down to just luck is bollocks." I think you inferred that which I did not imply, or did not mean to.

There is an element of luck involved in pens, of course there is. But it's mainly to do with having a calm head; see Giggs today. 2 pens, both in the side of the net. No luck there.

This is what I mean. Couldn't you just say there is luck involved in every facet of the sport then? Or that luck just doesn't exist?

April 24, 2010, 11:42:09 PM
Reply #77

ilikebrunettes

How can they if they've never won a European Cup?

so Forest can claim to be a bigger club than us and Arsenal? No, i dont judge Euro cup wins as a measure of size
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 24, 2010, 11:45:21 PM
Reply #78

.Rimbo.

so Forest can claim to be a bigger club than us and Arsenal? No, i dont judge Euro cup wins as a measure of size

Okay...but Bayern, Inter, Real, Barca and United are all as good as Arsenal but have all won the top European competition before as well, on at least a few occasions. So how can Arsenal "easily claim" to be one of the top 5 teams in Europe?

April 24, 2010, 11:50:04 PM
Reply #79

ilikebrunettes

because of their fanbase? or there turnover? and Inter haven't won it for 40 years Rimbo!
Murray won't ever win a slam. Mentally not good enough

April 25, 2010, 12:04:03 AM
Reply #80

.Rimbo.

because of their fanbase? or there turnover? and Inter haven't won it for 40 years Rimbo!

The thing is, though, "big" or "top" club is such a vague term. If we judge it on footballing ability and what-not first and foremost, then the five teams I've mentioned would all give Arsenal a match. So then, you have to define more criteria to rank them. I'd put history next, in which case them five teams all eclipse Arsenal.

Not only that, Inter, Real, Barca, United and Bayern all have global fanbases the size of Arsenal's, if not bigger! They're global brands. United, Real, Barca and Bayern are clearly "topper" or "bigger" than Arsenal, and I'd say Inter are too.

April 25, 2010, 12:11:46 AM
Reply #81

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Just to add into the mix, Arsenal are the 5th most valuable club in the world.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 25, 2010, 12:25:15 AM
Reply #82

bluestevie

how has this thread gone from talking about what everyone wants to happen for the blues to whether arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in europe? oh thats right its because that cunt ilovewenger posted in it.

getting back on topic i want us to win either domestic cup and make a serious push for the top 4
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

April 25, 2010, 12:27:45 AM
Reply #83

Tellittoyourking

If Moyes doesn't win a trophy next season...

then close the door behind you davey

your such a bellend

April 25, 2010, 12:30:38 AM
Reply #84

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
your such a bellend

He didn't insult anyone with his post so it's you sir that is the bell end.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

April 25, 2010, 12:41:32 AM
Reply #85

Tellittoyourking

I'd take 3rd over both cups.
I think if we can get are key players (Mikel, Fellaini, Jags, Howard, Pienaar (happy with a new contract) Johnny H, Saha/Yak/Another miracle signing by Moyes) there is no reason to fear any side. So we should start the season with a view to winning every competition we are competing in.   

April 25, 2010, 12:44:19 AM
Reply #86

Tellittoyourking

He didn't insult anyone with his post so it's you sir that is the bell end.

Thanks.
To be honest, I was insulted that I share something in common with him, in that we both support the same football team.

April 25, 2010, 12:54:12 AM
Reply #87

Tellittoyourking

Also, I'm calling someone a bellend for quite legitimate reasons. Your interruption, insult and general tone is neither appreciated or welcome.
I'm off, enjoy your saturday night message board fun.
 :)

April 25, 2010, 03:17:36 AM
Reply #88

Gash

Global Moderator
You see, that's why my post count is so low, I can be arsed with debates like this, when they become arguements.  :)

April 25, 2010, 03:36:27 AM
Reply #89

Endless, Nameless

You see, that's why my post count is so low, I can be arsed with debates like this, when they become arguements.  :)

lolol

Well I for one like to share my two cents. Or two dollars. Or whatever the equivalent is for me.

ILB is a massive bellend ;)

It's good to have him around though, as he brings us back to reality. And, he sometimes raises a good point or two.
Oh well, at least Baines is still ace.