November 21, 2017, 01:18:10 AM

Author Topic: reading v everton  (Read 27394 times)

November 13, 2012, 02:59:19 PM
Reply #15

The Good Citizen

They havent won yet this season, I've lost count of the amount of teams that have "ended runs" or the like against us.

Its gonna be a dangerous game this, not got a good feeling about it, but I dont think we will lose.

1-1

We've only lost to West Brom so far who already had 4 points against Spurs and Liverpool when they beat us. Think 2-1 to us, hopefully Sunderland will have ditched the wasteful draw trait in us.
I cast a shorter shadow with every passing day

November 13, 2012, 03:37:30 PM
Reply #16

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's not going to be an easy game, particularly with Mirallas out and Pienaar not 100%.  It might be a game were we have to resort to graft and an old fashioned performance rather than the flowing football we have played recently.  A scrappy victory on the cards I reckon.

November 13, 2012, 03:44:10 PM
Reply #17

Alanvideo

Oviedo to get a half-game ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

November 13, 2012, 05:32:11 PM
Reply #18

Ross

Getting the first goal is key to a good result, we can't keep going a goal down and expecting to get something from the game. I reckon we will see a change in the formation with Pienaar struggling and the probability of Mirallas out, but the possibility of Hibbert and Gibson back. I think we may go back to 4-5-1;

Howard

Hibbert        Jags      Heitinga        Baines

Coleman    Neville      Osman       Naismith
                           Fellaini

Jelavic

Make it difficult in the first half for them to score, bring on Pienaar and Gibson in the second half to change it up.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 13, 2012, 08:04:05 PM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Until proven otherwise, the assumption has to be we'll concede the first goal and then scrap the rest of the game to get a result (coin flip as to win or a draw).

November 13, 2012, 10:17:09 PM
Reply #20

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Until proven otherwise, the assumption has to be we'll concede the first goal and then scrap the rest of the game to get a result (coin flip as to win or a draw).

This.

I'd imagine the game will be very similar to their match vs Fulham.

While they haven't won, they haven't lost (that) many either. Drawing 6 out of ten games suggests that they're able to stick in games one way or another.

As said above until we're comfortably seeing off teams I don't see any basis for confident predictions of easy victories.

November 13, 2012, 10:26:51 PM
Reply #21

cantoffee

This.

I'd imagine the game will be very similar to their match vs Fulham.

While they haven't won, they haven't lost (that) many either. Drawing 6 out of ten games suggests that they're able to stick in games one way or another.

As said above until we're comfortably seeing off teams I don't see any basis for confident predictions of easy victories.

I feel the same way. Especially away from home.

I think we need to start keeping clean sheets if we are going to actually have a crack at the top 4. The good news is that our clean sheet came against the best team in the league so hopefully we can do the same against other top teams, although I wouldn`t count on it.

November 13, 2012, 10:53:36 PM
Reply #22

Shogun

Administrator
got some bad news for you lads...

Referee: M Atkinson
Assistants: P Kirkup, J Flynn
Fourth Official: A Marriner

under Atkinson we have the following record:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/everton-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_29_381.html

P 19
W 4
D 4
L 11

Under Atkinson Reading have the following record:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/reading-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_1032_381_gesamt.html

P 6
W 0
D 2
L 4
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 11:00:06 PM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

November 13, 2012, 11:11:03 PM
Reply #23

hannu

got some bad news for you lads...

Referee: M Atkinson
Assistants: P Kirkup, J Flynn
Fourth Official: A Marriner

under Atkinson we have the following record:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/everton-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_29_381.html

P 19
W 4
D 4
L 11

Under Atkinson Reading have the following record:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/reading-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_1032_381_gesamt.html

P 6
W 0
D 2
L 4

well in that case am going for a 1-0 lose for both teams

November 13, 2012, 11:40:39 PM
Reply #24

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I feel the same way. Especially away from home.

I think we need to start keeping clean sheets if we are going to actually have a crack at the top 4. The good news is that our clean sheet came against the best team in the league so hopefully we can do the same against other top teams, although I wouldn`t count on it.

We were obviously that bit more focused on defence in that game, particularly the last half hour.

I'm pretty sure if we wanted to keep a clean sheet as a priority we'd be able to do it against many teams. We'd just lose some of the attacking intent we've had though.

November 14, 2012, 12:06:26 AM
Reply #25

cantoffee

We were obviously that bit more focused on defence in that game, particularly the last half hour.

I'm pretty sure if we wanted to keep a clean sheet as a priority we'd be able to do it against many teams. We'd just lose some of the attacking intent we've had though.

Yea I think so too.

I think Moyes knows that we can outgun certain teams and has us do that, but when we come up against the big teams will have us tighten up and play a bit more cautiously.

November 14, 2012, 01:50:46 AM
Reply #26

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Wondering with Ossie on International duty whether Hitzelsperger may get a start against Reading.  Especially if he actually gets on the pitch.

November 14, 2012, 01:54:59 AM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Wondering with Ossie on International duty whether Hitzelsperger may get a start against Reading.  Especially if he actually gets on the pitch.

I would doubt it. If he gets on the pitch and does well his confidence will be sky high we need to keep that going.
I can only see one change naismith for mirallas

Sent via carrier pigeon

Simply simply lovely

November 14, 2012, 01:27:11 PM
Reply #28

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I would doubt it. If he gets on the pitch and does well his confidence will be sky high we need to keep that going.
I can only see one change naismith for mirallas

Sent via carrier pigeon

This.

November 14, 2012, 02:17:06 PM
Reply #29

sharpattack

Getting the first goal is key to a good result, we can't keep going a goal down and expecting to get something from the game. I reckon we will see a change in the formation with Pienaar struggling and the probability of Mirallas out, but the possibility of Hibbert and Gibson back. I think we may go back to 4-5-1;

Howard

Hibbert        Jags      Heitinga        Baines

Coleman    Neville      Osman       Naismith
                           Fellaini

Jelavic

Make it difficult in the first half for them to score, bring on Pienaar and Gibson in the second half to change it up.

Christ, if that's the line-up it just shows how rhin the squad is. Doesn't exactly inspire, does it?
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
The Board might forget, we don't