October 23, 2019, 02:51:59 PM

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 37458 times)

December 01, 2012, 11:09:15 PM
Reply #285

nomorechang

RIP
we've just played the current champions away from home who have been unbeaten there for nearly 2 years and they got an equaliser from a dodgy pen..... and we're disappointed ! .. We haven't even hit this seasons purple patch yet ... Just look how far we've come in 12 months. We will get a run of wins and if injuries don't cripple us then we're capable of top 3 ...never mind 4th
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "

December 01, 2012, 11:10:01 PM
Reply #286

American Evertonian

Even if we had one he would rarely get on.

As positive as our general play has been this season, Moyes will never be one to go for the jugular subs wise.

Good point today though; Would've taken that at the start.

I was referring to Anichebe. Wonder where he has been lately?
Are we there yet?

December 01, 2012, 11:10:59 PM
Reply #287

Azz

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian

The plot thickens. David Moyes says in press conf Everton have been told penalty was given against Leon Osman. He's baffled.

Moyes: 'I don't know how many penalties Man City have had recently but it's quite a few.'

December 01, 2012, 11:11:04 PM
Reply #288

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think we are slowly getting our mojo back. If we can get Mirallas back soon we might get back to really dominating teams. Boy how much did we miss Gibson though judging by the last couple of games.

I was surprised how much we bossed the first half. You have to expect a reaction and if it weren't for a weak bench we may have been able to push harder late in the second half. We do miss Anichebe no matter what some might say.

December 01, 2012, 11:11:50 PM
Reply #289

chang

Today's result is an excellent point.

It's dropping points at teams like Wigan, Qpr, Norwich, Newcastle, Liverpool etc that is the kick in the tits.

Another ten points from those 5 games and we're sat joint top!

Steve Round said on 5 live just before KO that Everton have conceded the lead three times this season in added time..it is of course massively frustrating but I do  feel Everton are a good competitive team this season and somebody is going to get a bloody good hiding sometime soon.

December 01, 2012, 11:12:49 PM
Reply #290

American Evertonian

Today's result is an excellent point.

It's dropping points at teams like Wigan, Qpr, Norwich, Newcastle, Liverpool etc that is the kick in the tits.

Another ten points from those 5 games and we're sat joint top!

Don't forget Fulham and Reading
Are we there yet?

December 01, 2012, 11:13:01 PM
Reply #291

.Rimbo.

we've just played the current champions away from home who have been unbeaten there for nearly 2 years and they got an equaliser from a dodgy pen..... and we're disappointed ! .. We haven't even hit this seasons purple patch yet ... Just look how far we've come in 12 months. We will get a run of wins and if injuries don't cripple us then we're capable of top 3 ...never mind 4th

This Everton side is not a top 3 side, I don't think it's a top 4 side. We'd be lucky to be in touching distance of 4th come the season's end.

December 01, 2012, 11:16:12 PM
Reply #292

tonysoprano

This Everton side is not a top 3 side, I don't think it's a top 4 side. We'd be lucky to be in touching distance of 4th come the season's end.

Comment removed by moderator

December 01, 2012, 11:16:55 PM
Reply #293

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
so 5 points from Man utd H, Arsenal H and Man City A

take that all day long.

The points we've dropped against Norwich, QPR, Wigan and Reading more than compensate.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

December 01, 2012, 11:17:08 PM
Reply #294

evertonarntwe

darron gibson makes me happy, what a fucking guy. we look so much better when he's playing, get mirallas back and we'll be flying again.
sick of this dull boring negative prick now, horrible days yesterday and he comes out with this shit, ginger cunt needs to stop thinking he will be the next united manager

December 01, 2012, 11:17:31 PM
Reply #295

.Rimbo.

December 01, 2012, 11:19:05 PM
Reply #296

Evertonexile

I'm still optimistic about the season, but fuck, ties are boring.
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

December 01, 2012, 11:19:49 PM
Reply #297

minty

If spurs beat us I'd expect them to pull away from us. Think we'll be close to the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal though so 5th isn't out the question. When Mirallas comes back and if Jelavic finds form, not to mention less mistakes from the likes of Coleman and Howard and we should start beating teams.

December 01, 2012, 11:20:52 PM
Reply #298

whichonespink

moyes said the referee told him the penalty was given for a foul leon osman made in the box  ??? ??? ???

December 01, 2012, 11:20:56 PM
Reply #299

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Bale looks like he might miss our game. Has a hamstring injury apparently.