October 18, 2019, 11:54:57 PM

Author Topic: Manchester City v Everton  (Read 37186 times)

December 01, 2012, 09:02:01 PM
Read 37186 times

Gash

Global Moderator
I personally don't see it any of those options that I listed as being considerably worse than Naismith, it's not even as if he offers a lot of defensive cover either. It's just a case of square pegs round holes whoever we play there due to our lack of squad depth.

Have you seen Kennedy play? That's a genuine question, I just can't ever get my head round people coming out with the "he can't be any worse" argument when they know nothing about the player they are suggesting. Osman on the right wouldn't be any better either and Naismith probably carries a better goal threat.

December 01, 2012, 09:09:10 PM
Reply #1

Gash

Global Moderator
As with any young player it's from word of mouth but if he is good enough to be on the bench he must be doing something right. Anyway game is on now.

He was on the bench due to injuries and suspension.

December 02, 2012, 03:30:32 AM
Reply #2

Gash

Global Moderator
That's a pretty honest assesment from Rimbo. The good start to the season we had is slowly fizzling out at the the moment. Maybe we will go on a run, but it needs to happen soon, one win in the last nine or so games isn't really a good start to the season. We're only about 7 points ahead of the same stage last season, which was considered a poor start and we've had a fixture list plenty teams would have loved.

We've been lucky so far in that every other team outside of Manchester has been pretty shit as well and the league is still pretty close. The worry is, as said, we really have had some poor results against teams we really need to beat if we have any ideas of finishing forth, or even top six. Results have also shown that we are only an injury or suspension away from trouble as well.

It's a tightrope we're walking at the moment but we really need to pick up soon and stop conceding stupid goals if we're to get anything out of the season.